ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed for Ent to ILR (Set O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajbhanu300

Re: Help needed for Ent to ILR (Set O)

Post by rajbhanu300 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:13 pm

Just going through this thread and i think i agree with shb101,that the business activity part refers to initial or extension app.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:09 pm

Think so..

Lets see what Aman, Tier1147, Marcnath and Zimba say about this.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:09 pm

I haven't gone through all the posts in detail, but I think the basic question is whether evidence documents are different for ILR as compared to extension.

The answer to that is NO.

It is very clear in the guidance document, where it states, in the section after Table F:

In all cases you should supply the required evidence of investment and job creation set out in the Extension Application section above.

Table F also specifies the requirement for Business activity, which is the same as extension.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:31 pm

Its plausible..
Generic paragraph geared towards accelerated settlement and extension applicants whereas extension holders would have an existing business.
In any case if they deem it missing they could always ask for it or one could argue about it at a later stage.
Point is are you willing to risk a delay or refusal for something so simple.
Its hardly one page. And for the job description of ur JOBS keep it simple too.. 2 lines should suffice for each.

miumiuuk

Post by miumiuuk » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:44 pm

marcnath wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:09 pm
I haven't gone through all the posts in detail, but I think the basic question is whether evidence documents are different for ILR as compared to extension.

It is very clear in the guidance document, where it states, in the section after Table F:

In all cases you should supply the required evidence of investment and job creation set out in the Extension Application section above. But I also find this sentence in the old version 07/2018 – Page 35

Table F also specifies the requirement for Business activity, which is the same as extension.

shb101
Member of Standing

Post by shb101 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:22 am

miumiuuk wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:44 pm
marcnath wrote:

In all cases you should supply the required evidence of investment and job creation set out in the Extension Application section above. But I also find this sentence in the old version 07/2018 – Page 35

Hi, But it also says you do not need to provide evidence if you have already awarded these points in your last success tier 1. I think this make sense.

Table F: settlement applications points table

Row Investment, business activity and job creation Points

1 You have invested, or caused investment to be made by one or more third parties totalling at least £200,000 (or £50,000 if you were awarded points for £50,000 funding or investment in your last grant of leave) in cash directly into one or more UK businesses.
You do not need to provide evidence of this investment if you were awarded points for this investment in your last successful Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) application.
2 You have been:
(a) registered with HM Revenue & Customs as self-employed, or
(b) registered with Companies House as a director of a UK company or member of a UK limited liability partnership.
The requirements above must have been met:
(i) within 6 months of entering the UK (if granted entry clearance and there is evidence to establish your date of entry) or, in any case within six months from the date your last leave was granted, and
(ii) within the three months before the date of application
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Policy Guidance – version 03/2019 – Page 33

You do not need to provide evidence of (i) if you were awarded points for this in your last successful Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) application. You must still provide evidence of (ii).

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:58 am

shb101 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:22 am
miumiuuk wrote:
marcnath wrote:

Hi, But it also says you do not need to provide evidence if you have already awarded these points in your last success tier 1. I think this make sense.

1 You have invested, or caused investment to be made by one or more third parties totalling at least £200,000 (or £50,000 if you were awarded points for £50,000 funding or investment in your last grant of leave) in cash directly into one or more UK businesses.
You do not need to provide evidence of this investment if you were awarded points for this investment in your last successful Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) application.
2 You have been:
(b) registered with Companies House as a director of a UK company or member of a UK limited liability partnership.
(i) within 6 months of entering the UK (if granted entry clearance and there is evidence to establish your date of entry) or, in any case within six months from the date your last leave was granted, and

You do not need to provide evidence of (i) if you were awarded points for this in your last successful Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) application. You must still provide evidence of (ii).
I may be missing what exactly your question is.
1) If points have been awarded for ANY attribute (investment, language, business started within 6 month), you don't need to submit it again.
2) Where you are required to provide evidence (job creation, still involved in business, etc.), the evidence requirements are the same for extension or ILR.

To repeat, whenever you need to submit evidence, the requirements are the same.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

shb101
Member of Standing

Post by shb101 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:18 am

marcnath wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:58 am
shb101 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:22 am
miumiuuk wrote:
marcnath wrote:

2 You have been:

I may be missing what exactly your question is.
1) If points have been awarded for ANY attribute (investment, language, business started within 6 month), you don't need to submit it again.
2) Where you are required to provide evidence (job creation, still involved in business, etc.), the evidence requirements are the same for extension or ILR.

To repeat, whenever you need to submit evidence, the requirements are the same.
As we need to show 2 full time employment for 12 months after extension period which is RTI and Payslips, correct me if I am wrong.
CAR report and business bank letter can prove involvement in business / business activity ?
People are talking about after 6 april 2019 you need to send Job description etc which we sent with initial application, can you please confirm if we still need to send this ?

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:11 pm

Hi Marcnath, Aman, Zimba and Tier 1147,

I have submitted my application online on 04/04/2019. My extension was granted from 4th June 2017.

Job-1:
I m showing jobs-1 from 1st July 2017 to 30 June 2018 (two part times working 20hrs each for 12 months, but however I was granted extension visa from 4th june 2017).

Employee 1 (for Job-1) was Marketing Assistant since the date job created 01/03/2016. But later in April 2017 he wanted to become part time in Marketing Assistant. He left job on 30/06/2018, a month before employee-2 below.

But 2nd employee (for Job-1) was receptionist since the date job created 01/03/2016, but he joined on 01/06/2016. But later in from April 2017, Receptionist was offered part time role for Marketing Assistant, and Receptionist position was closed. He left job in 30/07/2018 a month after the claiming job creation period of both part timers ( July 2017 to June 2018, however it is 52 weeks and 12 month for both employee in Job 1.).

Job-2:
Job-2 full time (30hrs a week) from 01 April 2018 to 30 March 2019 as Business Development Officer.
---------x---------
1st Problem is, job creation date for Employee-2 in Job-1 should have been placed 01/04/2017 in the online form (since he was offered to go part time in Marketing consultant on this date, but i have placed same old date when he basically join as receptionist 01/06/2016 but and receptionist position was created 01/03/2016), isn't it?

2nd Problem is, I m showing job creation for job-1 from 01/7/2017 to 30/06/2018 but my friend is saying show from extension grant date 04/06/2017 till 30-07-2018 (where employee-2 from job 1 is leaving job). will it be problem showing from July 2017 to June 2018 (note: employee-2 in Job-1 leave job in July 2018), is it any problem? In my view caseworker is concerned to calculate 12 months, 52 weeks, whichever period you want to count from or show from, isn't it.

3rd problem, I have placed current per hour rate rather than indicating different per hour rate per period of accounting cycle for both part timers. For instance, from April 2017 to March 2018, they were taking this rate per hour 7.50 and from March 2018 to June 2018, they were taking 7.83. Is it any problem? but online form just asked current rate or is it my mistake that i should have created four employees under Job-1 with separate per hour rate. But I have accountant letter with tabulation showing different rates per hour according to change in rate from July 2017 to March 2019 showing both jobs and 3 employees.

4th Problem, I have not booked any appointment yet with Sopra Steria but I have deadline to book till 1st week June 2019. I have to scan few documents but I m concerned that when you scan anything, by default file create a date when it was created under properties, which will differ obviously with date the application submitted online, will it be a problem? or caseworker can question that file created date is different than form submission date (go into properties of scan file by right click).

Do i need to have two photograph to take steria sopra or not needed?

Could you please guide on above, have i done any mistake? if yes, can it be corrected before uploading to steria sopra?

Thanks for your time.

I am planning to upload following documents as my checklist, please guide if they are ok or shall i reduce some extras.

Personal:
->Online Form.
->Current Passport and 2xold passport all scanned pages
->Current BRP and old brp and visas.

Business Activiity:
-> 6 months Bank Statement along with Barclays letter confirming I m director, company has bank account and company should use this account for business purpose
-> 6 months invoices
-> 2 recent contracts
-> A letter explaining overview of business, director role, director job description and responsibilities (to meet latest changes in policy guidance on 29/03/2019)
-> Employee contracts (showing employees job description to meet latest changes in policy guidance on 29/03/2019)
-> Current appointment reports latest
->CT41G

Job Creation:
-> Employees IDs
->Employees payslips
->RTI/FPS showing leavers and starters date.
->Fps submission dates
->HMRC tax payments for employees
->Employer's Summary
-> Employee pay details basic layout showing yearly paid to employees.
->Employee pay details hourly layout showing monthly paid to employees.
->P32 employer's payment
->p11 deducting worksheet, combined layout with tax
->p60
->p45 part-1 only
->Accountant Letter for Job creation with table and rate changes per hours, weeks worked, and total hours worked along with starter and leavers.

English Language:
->Degree
->Transcript

LIUK:
-> Life in the uk test

Other Supporting Documents:
-> 2017-18 and 2018-19 Accounts with accountant report inside
-> Accountant compilation letter separate.
-> CT600 for 2017-18 and 2018-19
->CT602
->CT603
->Companies house welcome letter
->Business banking welcome letter
->Company Incorporation Certificate
->Company Insurance Certificate for Public and Employers Liability for 2017-18 and 2018-19
->Pension deceleration and letters.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:25 pm

To ease case worker, I have created every single employee combined one pdf file including thier ID, payslips, employee pay details basic layout, employee pay details hourly layout, p11 deducting worksheet combined with tax, p60, p45.

is this practice ok?

while all RTI/FPS, p32 employers payments, employer's summary they are individual not combined to each other. They are just combined together with them. like RTI/FPS in one file. Like all p32 in one file.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:10 pm

Mak9878 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:11 pm

extension: 4th June 2017.

JOB 1
1st July 2017 -30 June 2018
2 X PT @ 20hrs/ 12 months

Marketing Assistant 1 (PT 20hrs/12mths)
date job created: 01/03/2016.
Start date:
Left date: 30/06/2018

Marketing assistant 2 (PT 20hrs/12mths)
date job created: 01/03/2016
Start date with company: 01/06/2016
Start date in Job claiming for: 01.04.17
left date: 30/07/2018

JOB 2
FT (30hrs a week)
01 April 2018 -30 March 2019 (payslips)
Business Development Officer.

RTI FPS July 2017- March 2019
---------x---------
1st Problem is, job creation date for Employee-2 in Job-1 should have been placed 01/04/2017 in the online form (since he was offered to go part time in Marketing consultant on this date, but i have placed same old date when he basically join as receptionist 01/06/2016 but and receptionist position was created 01/03/2016), isn't it?

Ideally you should’ve written the date he joined as MA from Receptionist. But it’s not a grave error.
As long as ur tabulation sheet mentions the date he joined as MA.
Ur application will be assessed on evidence provided. RTI FPS n payslips.

2nd Problem is, I m showing job creation for job-1 from 01/7/2017 to 30/06/2018 but my friend is saying show from extension grant date 04/06/2017 till 30-07-2018 (where employee-2 from job 1 is leaving job). will it be problem showing from July 2017 to June 2018 (note: employee-2 in Job-1 leave job in July 2018), is it any problem? In my view caseworker is concerned to calculate 12 months, 52 weeks, whichever period you want to count from or show from, isn't it.

I did the same.

3rd problem, I have placed current per hour rate rather than indicating different per hour rate per period of accounting cycle for both part timers. For instance, from April 2017 to March 2018, they were taking this rate per hour 7.50 and from March 2018 to June 2018, they were taking 7.83. Is it any problem? but online form just asked current rate or is it my mistake that i should have created four employees under Job-1 with separate per hour rate. But I have accountant letter with tabulation showing different rates per hour according to change in rate from July 2017 to March 2019 showing both jobs and 3 employees.

It’s fine. If the online application form gave you the option to do so you could have. But it’s not something you need to worry abt.
Besides you’ve attached a tabulation sheet confirming changes in wage rate over the period ur claiming for.

4th Problem, I have not booked any appointment yet with Sopra Steria but I have deadline to book till 1st week June 2019. I have to scan few documents but I m concerned that when you scan anything, by default file create a date when it was created under properties, which will differ obviously with date the application submitted online, will it be a problem? or caseworker can question that file created date is different than form submission date (go into properties of scan file by right click).

Irrelevant..Applicants take documents to sopra to scan n upload on date of appointment.

Do i need to have two photograph to take steria sopra or not needed?

No. I believe the purpose of ur appointment is to do biometrics that would include ur picture.

Could you please guide on above, have i done any mistake? if yes, can it be corrected before uploading to steria sopra?

Thanks for your time.

I am planning to upload following documents as my checklist, please guide if they are ok or shall i reduce some extras.

Personal:
->Online Form.
->Current Passport and 2xold passport all scanned pages
->Current BRP and old brp and visas.

Business Activiity:
-> 6 months Bank Statement along with Barclays letter confirming I m director, company has bank account and company should use this account for business purpose

Too much but ur choice! One bank statement n bank letter ought to be sufficient.

-> 6 months invoices (optional but too many)
-> 2 recent contracts ( instead of contracts, take out the job description from the contract and add it to the letter below)

-> A letter explaining overview of business, director role, director job description and responsibilities (to meet latest changes in policy guidance on 29/03/2019)

-> CAR & filing history (dated with 3 months of application)
->CT41G
-> CT600 for 2017-18 OR 2018-19

Job Creation:
-> Employees IDs
->Employees payslips
->RTI FPS
->Accountant Letter for Job creation with table and rate changes per hours, weeks worked, and total hours worked along with starter and leavers.

English Language:
->Degree

LIUK:
-> Life in the uk test

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:38 pm

Thanks Aman.

Could you please answer below query:

"To ease case worker, I have created every single employee combined one pdf file including thier ID, payslips, employee pay details basic layout, employee pay details hourly layout, p11 deducting worksheet combined with tax, p60, p45.

is this practice ok?

while RTI/FPS, p32 employers payments, employer's summary they are not combined to each other.

But all RTI/FPS are combined in one file of all related months in ascending order.

shb101
Member of Standing

Post by shb101 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:30 am

Mak9878 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:38 pm
Thanks Aman.

"To ease case worker, I have created every single employee combined one pdf file including thier ID, payslips, employee pay details basic layout, employee pay details hourly layout, p11 deducting worksheet combined with tax, p60, p45.

is this practice ok?

while RTI/FPS, p32 employers payments, employer's summary they are not combined to each other.

But all RTI/FPS are combined in one file of all related months in ascending order.
Hi Mak, congrats on successful submission of application, I hope you will get positive response soon.
Could you please confirm did you provide the business investement proof as well I believe we already provided during extension period which is not required for ILR application. Pls confirm

I would be grateful if you kindly share the Job Description layout.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:12 pm

shb101 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:30 am
Mak9878 wrote:
Thanks Aman.

is this practice ok?

Hi Mak, congrats on successful submission of application, I hope you will get positive response soon.
Could you please confirm did you provide the business investement proof as well I believe we already provided during extension period which is not required for ILR application. Pls confirm

Hi Shb101,

I have not send any investment document again as it was given at extension time..so not required.

For job description of employees I m just taking a page out from employee contracts, and director role, responsibilieid etc, I am drafting A4 letter.

As there is no specific document required. Some people have just submitted without worrying about job description employees, director roles and responsibilities etc.

shb101
Member of Standing

Post by shb101 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:19 pm

Mak9878 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:12 pm
shb101 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:30 am
Mak9878 wrote:
Thanks Aman.

is this practice ok?

Hi Shb101,

I have not send any investment document again as it was given at extension time..so not required.

For job description of employees I m just taking a page out from employee contracts, and director role, responsibilieid etc, I am drafting A4 letter.

As there is no specific document required. Some people have just submitted without worrying about job description employees, director roles and responsibilities etc.
Thanks for your response, let see how other people submit their cases after April 2019 changes.
Is there anyone who got approved their ILR on T1 Ent route ?

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:30 pm

Mak9878 wrote:
Thanks Aman.

is this practice ok?

Well YES. I did the postal form. And kept each employees ID+PAYSLIPS in separate sleeves. The RTIFPS in a separate sleeve as well. So digitally you have done the right thing.
I did not add unnecessary internal company documents as you have.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:53 pm

Why is the OP including P45, P60, P11, P32??
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:00 pm

Basically the job creation and director role description added into new rules is one of the main questions asked during interviews at extension stage. I recall I had a 4 hour interview and the interviewer asked me in detail about the employee job description and my own (director) role (extension stage). Seems like they have incorporated that into the new rules now.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

shb101
Member of Standing

Post by shb101 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:09 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:00 pm
Basically the job creation and director role description added into new rules is one of the main questions asked during interviews at extension stage. I recall I had a 4 hour interview and the interviewer asked me in detail about the employee job description and my own (director) role (extension stage). Seems like they have incorporated that into the new rules now.
I still believe that it's not for ILR application but for extension's application as it's written in the extension section. There is no instructions in Table F that we need to provide business activities yes it's for them who are applying accelerating route which is 3 years.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:17 pm

shb101 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:09 pm
tier11417 wrote:
I still believe that it's not for ILR application but for extension's application as it's written in the extension section. There is no instructions in Table F that we need to provide business activities yes it's for them who are applying accelerating route which is 3 years.
Refer to Zimbas last post:

uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/tier-1-ent ... l#p1752325

I have not gone through the new rules my self however the above post says extension/settlement both. I would not risk and add a 2 liner job description anyways.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:31 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:53 pm
:)
No idea..

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:38 pm

shb101 wrote:
tier11417 wrote:
Honestly its ur call now! we've all given our two pence in this entire thread. You are the only one responsible for ur application.
I hope and pray it works for you and you revert back with the great news that it wasn't necessary after all!
On a personal note Ive waited too long for ILR and wouldn't take the risk for something as silly as this to risk a delay or refusal..

shb101
Member of Standing

Post by shb101 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:51 pm

aman90 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:38 pm
shb101 wrote:
tier11417 wrote:
Honestly its ur call now! we've all given our two pence in this entire thread. You are the only one responsible for ur application.
I hope and pray it works for you and you revert back with the great news that it wasn't necessary after all!
On a personal note Ive waited too long for ILR and wouldn't take the risk for something as silly as this to risk a delay or refusal..
I understand what you saying but as far as I understand the changes are only implementing on employees rule. It's not about 2 liner it's about additional docs which you have already provided at the time of extension and via guidance no one can make a clear call that business activities is required for ILR as well.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:56 pm

shb101 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:51 pm
aman90 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:38 pm
shb101 wrote:
tier11417 wrote:
I understand what you saying but as far as I understand the changes are only implementing on employees rule. It's not about 2 liner it's about additional docs which you have already provided at the time of extension and via guidance no one can make a clear call that business activities is required for ILR as well.
@ 'shb101' - Any reason why you have chosen to continue your questions in another users thread, effectively hijacking it and creating confusion when members respond, when you have your own thread where substantial advice has been given????
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:12 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:53 pm

Hi Tier1147,

Just including as extra, nothing else.