ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I send scanned copy of referee form?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

katielloydmcmahon
Ireland

Can I send scanned copy of referee form?

Post by katielloydmcmahon » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:51 am

As the title says really. One of my referees was supposed to leave the form at my old workplace for me to collect, but she forgot. So then she says she posted it to me on Monday but it's now Wednesday and I still don't have it.

If I just get her to scan and email it to me will they accept that?

I need to get my application off by the end of this week to allow time to receive passport back before travelling.

Thanks.

Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Can I send scanned copy of referee form?

Post by 001 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:24 am

It should be fine to submit a scan of this form (though not for most others; like birth certificates, marriage licenses, etc.), but the original would be better. The question it might raise is whether a recommendation from an Irish national within the state is the same (from the INIS’s point of view) as a recommendation from any Irish national anywhere in the world. The application is unclear on this issue. My advice would be to wait for the original form to arrive in the mail. Alternatively, have your friend over-night the form to you via a courier, like FedEx or DHL. Good luck.