ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME AND FAMILY MEMBERS OF BRITS (SURINDER SINGH)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Neonleon
Newly Registered

Re: EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME AND FAMILY MEMBERS OF BRITS (SURINDER SINGH)

Post by Neonleon » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:35 pm

Received a call back from the EU Settlement team in the early afternoon after chasing them for 3 days. The guy said he will take my and my parents details in order to determine if they qualify under Surinder Singh route and before ending the call he said he will pass on the their details to another team (within EU Settlement team) and they will send the forms in the post but don't know when, may be in a weeks time or 10 days or more 🤔.

Well, although, EU Settlement team says a new set for Surinder Singh route of forms is under development and those new forms will be posted to Surinder Singh routers but they still have the current form available on their website which is more than 100 pages. If the old form is obsolete than why they don't take it off.

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:15 pm

Sent an email (through website contact section) to Resolution centre to check the status of the form. They replied today saying “paper applications will begin despatching within 10 working days of your request being noted”. I think it unlikely will arrive before mid April.

hugmot55
Newly Registered

Post by hugmot55 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:40 pm

yes this is very frustrating

hugmot55
Newly Registered

Post by hugmot55 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:42 pm

Neonleon wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:35 pm
Received a call back from the EU Settlement team in the early afternoon after chasing them for 3 days. The guy said he will take my and my parents details in order to determine if they qualify under Surinder Singh route and before ending the call he said he will pass on the their details to another team (within EU Settlement team) and they will send the forms in the post but don't know when, may be in a weeks time or 10 days or more 🤔.

Well, although, EU Settlement team says a new set for Surinder Singh route of forms is under development and those new forms will be posted to Surinder Singh routers but they still have the current form available on their website which is more than 100 pages. If the old form is obsolete than why they don't take it off.
Hi NeonLeon, what all documents are you planning to submit with parents application? I am in the same boat

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:52 pm

hugmot55 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:42 pm
Neonleon wrote:

Hi NeonLeon, what all documents are you planning to submit with parents application? I am in the same boat
There are no guidelines for any category yet. Nobody knows what HO will be asking us to submit with new form.

Neonleon
Newly Registered

Post by Neonleon » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:12 pm

hugmot55 wrote:
Neonleon wrote:

@hugmot55 I hopefully fill the forms over the weekend (keeping fingers crossed). I will share the chronology of our case in a new post 📯 under EEA section so others can comment, suggest and ask questions. I will try to list all documents here so you may have a look and let me know if you or someone else think I also do need any additional documentation 📄.
What documents are you planning to attach, if you already know and don't mind sharing. May I also ask what entry stamp your NON-EEA Family got on their passport/s when they enter the UK 🇬🇧. You may read my original post to read more details. Thanks

PLUZZ

Post by PLUZZ » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:50 pm

Neonleon wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:12 pm
hugmot55 wrote:
Neonleon wrote:

@hugmot55 I hopefully fill the forms over the weekend (keeping fingers crossed). I will share the chronology of our case in a new post 📯 under EEA section so others can comment, suggest and ask questions. I will try to list all documents here so you may have a look and let me know if you or someone else think I also do need any additional documentation 📄.
What documents are you planning to attach, if you already know and don't mind sharing. May I also ask what entry stamp your NON-EEA Family got on their passport/s when they enter the UK 🇬🇧. You may read my original post to read more details. Thanks

Hi
I am not sure if you will find this helpful but i thought I will post here the documents that I have prepared in readiness for my application. Please bear in mind i am applying for settled status using a Surinder Singh RC.

Prepared documents are as follows-

1. My passport and my wife's passport as evidence of identities
2. Marriage certificate as evidence of relationship. ( I am also including bills and other documents dating back to 5 yrs which evidences genuine marriage, although i am not sure if this will be necessary, but i have the documents ready just in case).
3. I am sure the National insurance numbers of both myself and wifey will pull out 5 years record of living in the UK, but i have also ordered 5 years worth of bank statements from my bank and wifey's bank just in case.
4. Nobody knows whether the forms will request evidence of the Brit living and working in another EU state as seen in the case of PR applications, but I have endeavoured to have these documents ready. A lot of these documents were lost by HO when I applied for my RC in 2013 but luckily, I scanned and kept electronic copies of each document that I sent at the time. This was because it was very common for HO to lose your documents around that time, not sure if that still happens much these days. So I printed out the scanned documents and sent each of them to their issuing organisations in Ireland, requesting a cover letter certifying that they are genuine documents. Some of the organisations were magnanimous enough to issue me fresh copies of the bills from their records, and the rest issued ceftifying cover letters. As I said, all of these may not be necessary for the new settlement scheme application, but it is better to be ready.
5. Guidance in the scheme mentioned that it is not required for the Brit to exercise treaty rights following arrival in the UK, so i dont think it is necessary to collate evidence that my Mrs has been working since November ,25, 2016. However, i do have ready, a seperate set of banks statements from 2016 till date for my Mrs if required. But i am sure this wont be required.
6. Now I am not sure whether the test of centre of life will to come into thie application process as there is a link on the settlement scheme page which directs you to eligibility requirements if applying in the surinder singh category. In that link, there was talk of centre of life and whether the move to the EU country was aimed at circumventing UK immigration rules. What I am not sure about is whether that link is a newly prepared guideline for this new settlement scheme or whether this was the previous guideline under the PR application, which was just linked to the new settlement scheme in the hope of giving applicants a general overview of eligibility reqirements. We can only hope that this stringent requirements will not apply under this new application process. Whatever the case maybe, i dont imagine that the centre of life requirement will be applicable to me as i applied for my RC in 2013 and I am covered by the transitioal arrangements in the 2006 EEA regulations. The new settlement scheme caseworker guidance asked workers to give consideration to the transitional arrangements. The extent to which centre of life rules will be applied under this new scheme remains to be seen.

So thats my preparation for application under the new scheme so far. If anyone feels there is something I may have missed out, please suggest. Better to be over-prepared than risk a refusal.

Shalom!

abbasi11
Newly Registered

Post by abbasi11 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:45 am

Received a call from home office on Sunday morning as i had wrote to them asking for Surinder Singh application form to be sent , caller took mine and my wife details and said it will take 3-4 weeks for the form to be sent as its not ready yet.when I told him that her residence card is expiring in less the 4 weeks , and we had plans of travelling soon so was given a phone number of UK visas and was told to tell them of the situation and residence card will be extended.

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:28 am

abbasi11 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:45 am
Received a call from home office on Sunday morning as i had wrote to them asking for Surinder Singh application form to be sent , caller took mine and my wife details and said it will take 3-4 weeks for the form to be sent as its not ready yet.when I told him that her residence card is expiring in less the 4 weeks , and we had plans of travelling soon so was given a phone number of UK visas and was told to tell them of the situation and residence card will be extended.
well, seems we all get different answers.
I called them again last Friday (I requested the paper form on 31st Mar) and the person I talked put me on hold and discussed with this team dealing with Surinder Singh cases and came back and said it should arrive within 10 working days (from 31st Mar - wen request was noted), means latest this Friday. He has not mentioned that the form is not ready yet.

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:55 am

ellyell wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:28 am
abbasi11 wrote:
I called them again last Friday (I requested the paper form on 31st Mar) and the person I talked put me on hold and discussed with this team dealing with Surinder Singh cases and came back and said it should arrive within 10 working days (from 31st Mar - wen request was noted), means latest this Friday. He has not mentioned that the form is not ready yet.
Everyone is getting different answers as no one really knows whats happening. I was on the phone with them yesterday and was told the forms will be sent out within 2 weeks...? let's just wait and see.. :roll:

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:00 am

mufc69 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:55 am
ellyell wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:28 am
abbasi11 wrote:
Everyone is getting different answers as no one really knows whats happening. I was on the phone with them yesterday and was told the forms will be sent out within 2 weeks...? let's just wait and see.. :roll:
I have sent a complaint email to HO. They should have really managed this process better. It is unbelievable if they still have not designed the form yet.

alex98uk
Chile

Post by alex98uk » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:02 pm

Anyone know the likelihood of having to submit passports as part of this new paper application?

My wife works in international sales and if it's another 4 months (like EEA BRP) where the HO hold the passport, it's going to wreak havoc on her ability to travel abroad.

I'm hoping that it can be done by just providing the BRP number as proof :(

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:03 am

alex98uk wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:02 pm
Anyone know the likelihood of having to submit passports as part of this new paper application?

My wife works in international sales and if it's another 4 months (like EEA BRP) where the HO hold the passport, it's going to wreak havoc on her ability to travel abroad.

I'm hoping that it can be done by just providing the BRP number as proof :(
I have the same issue. I travel a lot for my job. We need to submit our passports with application. (All non-EU citizens have to submit passports as proof of identity) But I believe we are able to request it back. But again this process of submitting it and requesting it back will likely take at least a month.

Yasirilyas80
Newly Registered

Post by Yasirilyas80 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:58 am

If your family member is a British citizen (‘Surinder Singh’ applications)
You may be eligible if you lived outside the UK in an EU or EEA country (or Switzerland) with your family member, and you’re:

married to or in a civil partnership with them
under 21 years old, and are their child or grandchild
21 years or older, and are their dependent child or grandchild
their dependent parent or grandparent
The country that you lived in together must have been your main residence. Your British family member must also have been working, studying or self-sufficient in the country while there.

You cannot use the online service to apply if this is how you qualify for the scheme - you’ll need to use a paper form instead.

Request a paper form to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.

EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status)
Contact the EU Settlement Resolution Centre helpline if you need help or information about your EU Settlement Scheme application.

Calling from inside the UK
EU Settlement Resolution Centre
Telephone: 0300 123 7379
Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm
Saturday and Sunday, 9:30am to 4:30pm
EU Settlement Scheme contact form
Find out about call charges

Calling from outside the UK
EU Settlement Resolution Centre
Telephone: +44 203 080 0010
Monday to Friday 8:00am to 8:00pm
Saturday and Sunday 9:30am to 4:30pm
EU Settlement Scheme contact form

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:10 am

10 working days passed and I have not received the form.
I contacted EU resolution center and here is their reply

"We are currently experiencing a high demand for paper application requests, therefore please allow a further 10 working days for receipt."

This is really getting more and more annoying.

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Post by JAMAA » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:54 am

Does anyone receive new form (surinder Singh), I called EU settlement Centre on 25.04.2019 i made some inquiry about the Form and about 5 years residence. but he said we will assess before sending the form the form not yet ready.
and about 5 years residence , the starting date is the date entered to the UK, not the date of residence card issued.

Anamkhan
Afghanistan

Post by Anamkhan » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:27 am

I received the form today . As my husband hasn’t got a uk residence card we would need to fill out most of the form and send in documentation as proof of living and working in another eu country . It’s about a 60 page long form .

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Post by JAMAA » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:33 pm

Thank you very much that you received the Surinder Singh Form, OK your husband will INSHALLAH grant 5 years residence card,
. by the way which country did you exercises treaty and how long stay there hopefully i can tell you, because i was exercising treaty in Austria 2015 and come back and my wife granted 5 yrs residence card.

Anamkhan
Afghanistan

Post by Anamkhan » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:14 am

Inshallah .

We lived in germnay since 2015 . I was exercising my treaty right as self sufficient person which is thankfully now recognised under Surinder Singh route as well . My non Eea husband was working in germany.

My daughter was born there

I worked from jan 2019-mar 2019
Then we returned to uk in March 2019

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Post by JAMAA » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:35 pm

I think you have moved your life centre in Germany, and you moved there for long time i think your husband should be OK with Residence card you should apply for RC for your husband and wait for UKVI for reply, i am sure your husband will get RC here, if you still qualified person after 3 months from return.

abbasi11
Newly Registered

Post by abbasi11 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:37 am

Received Applicantion form today. Its 60 odd pages but as wife already had 5 years residence document endorsed in passport so wont need to show proof from exercise of treaty rights in Republic of Ireland .
As they have already seen those when we applied back in 2014.Form has her name and application number and can not be used by someone else As it say can only be used by person who it was issued to.

abbasi11
Newly Registered

Post by abbasi11 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:52 am

Received Applicantion form today. Its 60 odd pages but as wife already had 5 years residence document endorsed in passport so wont need to show proof from exercise of treaty rights in Republic of Ireland .
As they have already seen those when we applied back in 2014.Form has her name and application number and can not be used by someone else As it say can only be used by person who it was issued to.

doury

Post by doury » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:28 pm

PLUZZ wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:50 pm
Neonleon wrote:
hugmot55 wrote:
Neonleon wrote:

Hi
I am not sure if you will find this helpful but i thought I will post here the documents that I have prepared in readiness for my application. Please bear in mind i am applying for settled status using a Surinder Singh RC.

2. Marriage certificate as evidence of relationship. ( I am also including bills and other documents dating back to 5 yrs which evidences genuine marriage, although i am not sure if this will be necessary, but i have the documents ready just in case).
3. I am sure the National insurance numbers of both myself and wifey will pull out 5 years record of living in the UK, but i have also ordered 5 years worth of bank statements from my bank and wifey's bank just in case.
4. Nobody knows whether the forms will request evidence of the Brit living and working in another EU state as seen in the case of PR applications, but I have endeavoured to have these documents ready. A lot of these documents were lost by HO when I applied for my RC in 2013 but luckily, I scanned and kept electronic copies of each document that I sent at the time. This was because it was very common for HO to lose your documents around that time, not sure if that still happens much these days. So I printed out the scanned documents and sent each of them to their issuing organisations in Ireland, requesting a cover letter certifying that they are genuine documents. Some of the organisations were magnanimous enough to issue me fresh copies of the bills from their records, and the rest issued ceftifying cover letters. As I said, all of these may not be necessary for the new settlement scheme application, but it is better to be ready.
5. Guidance in the scheme mentioned that it is not required for the Brit to exercise treaty rights following arrival in the UK, so i dont think it is necessary to collate evidence that my Mrs has been working since November ,25, 2016. However, i do have ready, a seperate set of banks statements from 2016 till date for my Mrs if required. But i am sure this wont be required.
6. Now I am not sure whether the test of centre of life will to come into thie application process as there is a link on the settlement scheme page which directs you to eligibility requirements if applying in the surinder singh category. In that link, there was talk of centre of life and whether the move to the EU country was aimed at circumventing UK immigration rules. What I am not sure about is whether that link is a newly prepared guideline for this new settlement scheme or whether this was the previous guideline under the PR application, which was just linked to the new settlement scheme in the hope of giving applicants a general overview of eligibility reqirements. We can only hope that this stringent requirements will not apply under this new application process. Whatever the case maybe, i dont imagine that the centre of life requirement will be applicable to me as i applied for my RC in 2013 and I am covered by the transitioal arrangements in the 2006 EEA regulations. The new settlement scheme caseworker guidance asked workers to give consideration to the transitional arrangements. The extent to which centre of life rules will be applied under this new scheme remains to be seen.

So thats my preparation for application under the new scheme so far. If anyone feels there is something I may have missed out, please suggest. Better to be over-prepared than risk a refusal.

Shalom!
This is the form if anyone interested
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sthrough=1

doury

Post by doury » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:31 pm

PLUZZ wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:50 pm
Neonleon wrote:
hugmot55 wrote:
Neonleon wrote:

Hi

Shalom!
You don’t have to show the center of your life if you have a residence card issue in another eu country I am attaching the form https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sthrough=1

doury

Post by doury » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:33 pm

This is the form if any one interested https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sthrough=1