ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR after 5 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tim_Zuco
Newly Registered

ILR after 5 years

Post by Tim_Zuco » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:11 pm

Hi Everyone,

I’m new here and this is my first time posting. I have a question regarding ILR. I am a British Citizen. I am married to a Mexican National. We have two British daughters and one Mexican daughter.

We originally applied using a FLR/FP for and were granted a 2 and half year visa. After that we applied for an extension.

I received a decision statement today informing me that My wife and step-daughter have been granted an visa extension of 30 months. However, they also informed us that they have been moved from the 5 year to the 10 year route because we did not meet the financial requirement of the 5 year route.

My question is, if our income exceeds 22k by the end of this Visa will we be able to apply for ILR? Considering we will have completed 5 years of legal residency.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! I am aware that appeals need to be made within 14 days, hence the post.

I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks in advance.

Regards
Tim

bluebird12
Pakistan

Re: ILR after 5 years

Post by bluebird12 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:54 pm

No , you can apply ILR after 10 years

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:34 am

Extension/ILR under 5 year partner route FLR(M) can only be granted if you meet the financial requirement. However under the 10 year partner route FLR(FP) you need min 10 years of residence for ILR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Tim_Zuco
Newly Registered

Post by Tim_Zuco » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:45 am

I thought so, thank you for the responses.