ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

AshJK

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by AshJK » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:30 pm

Hello,

I have filed for pre-settled status using the online EU settlement application process as the spouse of an EU national, without a previously issued BRC. Application and biometrics done on 30 Mar. I have seen the generic UK VI processing time claim of 5 to 9 days, but this is not meaningful as they have no actual data at the current date for such first time BRC cases. I was wondering if any such first time BRC applicants using the new system could share their understanding and experience of real processing times for the CoA being issued as well as the final decision.

To avoid clutter on this thread, please note that I am only looking for information on processing times for first time non-EU family member BRC applicants using the new online EU settlement application website. Usually spouses who work in the UK on BRPs, or are here on student visas, or other limited leave to remain visas are the ones who would have filed for this specific pre settled or settled status BRC visa type, which requires a biometric appointment.

Best Regards,
Ashim

acvfe25
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by acvfe25 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:55 pm

Hi,

I am in the same boat as you, being the non-EU spouse of an EU national, applying for the first time without a BRC. I also sent my application and went for my biometrics appointment on 30 March.

However, when I log into the application portal and click "View Submission" it tells me that I still need to book a biometrics appointment and that my application will not be processed until I've done so. I've called the Home Office about this, and they' told me that they can see at least some of the biometrics in their system and that I will be assigned a caseworker to review everything and make a decision on pre-settlement. They're not sure exactly how long it will take for me to get an update, but that I should call back on 8 April if I haven't heard anything yet.

When you log into your application, does it also still tell you that you need to book a biometrics appointment?

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:32 pm

Hi Guys

My timeline:
Applied online - 30th March
Biometric enrolment appointment - 1st April
COA - waiting.

I have called resolution centre regarding the same issue: once I log in I can see message (!) that I need to book an appointment for biometric. After keeping me on hold for 10 minutes I was advised that it's nothing to worry about, application submitted successfully including biometric enrolment. So I just need to wait for caseworker to contact me directly if they need it to.

Also I do not have BRC despite that I am Non-EU family member who divorced to EU citizen in 2011.

AshJK

Post by AshJK » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:58 pm

acvfe25 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:55 pm
Hi,

I am in the same boat as you, being the non-EU spouse of an EU national, applying for the first time without a BRC. I also sent my application and went for my biometrics appointment on 30 March.

However, when I log into the application portal and click "View Submission" it tells me that I still need to book a biometrics appointment and that my application will not be processed until I've done so. I've called the Home Office about this, and they' told me that they can see at least some of the biometrics in their system and that I will be assigned a caseworker to review everything and make a decision on pre-settlement. They're not sure exactly how long it will take for me to get an update, but that I should call back on 8 April if I haven't heard anything yet.

When you log into your application, does it also still tell you that you need to book a biometrics appointment?
Yes, the biometric appointment message seems static. Seen this to be unchanged for one more person. I had enquired to check if the biometrics have been received, and the response was to the effect that there was no problem, 'successfully submitted' was what they said, and the next step (at an undetermined date) would be taken by caseworkers. I think the static nature of this page is not something to bother about, the biometrics seem to be available to the caseworkers, they just haven't done anything.

zafran1
Iran

Post by zafran1 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:03 pm

The voting choices are inclusive...so it doesn't help much. Timelines on average have been reducing over last few months on the traditional EEA FM process. Though renewal Vs first time information wasn't disclosed.
Compiling those typically COA is received 3-9 days after biometrics. Most being received around 7 day mark.
The RCs are being received 3-12 days after receipt of COA with median likely around 10 days. Some of us (like myself) are stuck and waiting for longer than that but I believe the average experience is in that range.
Not sure what the timelines are on the pre settled (appendix EU) applications and whether they are sending BRP to family members who don't have them.
Hope that helps.

AshJK

Post by AshJK » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:24 pm

It isn't valid to extrapolate from the EEA FM application timeliness to the new process. The process, the documentary burden and even the casework teams are different. However, the EEA FM timelines can point at the probable worst case delays for the new process. The data you have written down seems to point at most first time BRC applications getting completed in 5 weeks after biometrics in recent times. That is a useful reference point.

zafran1
Iran

Post by zafran1 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:57 am

While the COA for the non EU family members arrive earlier perhaps, I haven't come across anyone issued with a fresh and new BRP as a part of the pre settlement process. It may be premature (opened only 31 March) but some beta phase guys have been waiting a month or so ( and not even sure about it being the first time BRP application).

I am even thinking of reapplying under this route because the other one has become a black hole for us with no closure after 1.5 months.

zafran1
Iran

Post by zafran1 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:01 am

AshJK wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:24 pm
It isn't valid to extrapolate from the EEA FM application timeliness to the new process. The process, the documentary burden and even the casework teams are different. However, the EEA FM timelines can point at the probable worst case delays for the new process. The data you have written down seems to point at most first time BRC applications getting completed in 5 weeks after biometrics in recent times. That is a useful reference point.
More like 3 weeks or less after biometrics are given.

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:08 am

To Zafran

There is big difference. Before EU citizens did not receive COA. But now they do. My daugther got it in half an hour after submitted application. My son applied on 30th March, got his COA on 1st April.

nzldnz
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by nzldnz » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:26 am

Hi all,

I am a non-EU spouse of an EU national. I've applied to the EU Settlement Scheme for the first time without a BRC or a Family Permit vignette sticker on my passport.

I’ve applied online on 30 March, right after my husband applied and linked my application to his with the application number he had. Being an EU citizen he received the COA and ILR (Settled Status) within the same day. However I needed attend to my biometrics appointment on 30 March.

Since then I’ve been waiting for the COA as I need to provide it for a job offer I received. But nada! I’m calling the Resolution Centre in every two days but all they say is to wait for few more days.

So anyone has any idea at least approximately how long these procedures can take? I understand with non EU citizens things are slightly slower for all?

Regards,

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:04 am

Since then I’ve been waiting for the COA as I need to provide it for a job offer I received. But nada! I’m calling the Resolution Centre in every two days but all they say is to wait for few more days.

So anyone has any idea at least approximately how long these procedures can take? I understand with non EU citizens things are slightly slower for all?

You do not need to provide COA, ask your employer to do website check by providing your application reference number.

So far lead time has been changed form 1-4 to 5-9 days.

AshJK

Post by AshJK » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:28 am

Romy88 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:04 am

You do not need to provide COA, ask your employer to do website check by providing your application reference number.

This is going to work only after a CoA is issued by a caseworker.

nzldnz
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by nzldnz » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:32 am

Romy88 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:04 am

Thank you for the response.

Well I did. My potential employer thought that the application number should suffice as well. However they’ve contacted the Immigration Office to double check and unfortunately Immigration Office informed them that it is not enough and that they need to see the COA.

I find it quite strange as well, as my husband is employed in the UK for 5 years and now has settled status. But this is what Immigration Office says to my potential employer at the end. I assume there is nothing but to wait in regard with the time frame you quoted :?

AshJK

Post by AshJK » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:20 am

The CoA is only a basis for the potential employer to legally consider employing you. They can practically make an offer of employment only after you cn show them the issued BRC, or they can see an online status that you are a BRC holder.

Based on the information seen so far, it looks like the waiting period to be expected for a CoA for many cases is 9 working days after a biometric appointment. And perhaps another 5-9 days to get a result decision. And perhaps another week to get the BRC in hand if the application is successful. This is speculative, of course, as we have no data.

AshJK

Post by AshJK » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:06 pm

Update. Have received the CoA.
Biometrics done on : 30 Mar
CoA received : 05 Apr
Turnaround time to CoA after biometrics: 5 working days (Mon-Fri)

So far, it looks like the system works. I am actually impressed because the new casework team probably got a ton of these cases on the first weekend and they have started to get cases moving in 5 days.

acvfe25
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by acvfe25 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:18 pm

I also just received the CoA via email (same dates as directly above).

nzldnz
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by nzldnz » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:24 pm

I just received the COA as well with exact dates metioned above.

SwedenSap
Newly Registered
Sweden

Post by SwedenSap » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:30 pm

Great keep updated. i applied for my wife. She is on family permit. She don't BRP.

Cafedelmar74
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Cafedelmar74 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:40 pm

I am a non-EU married to an EU and I have applied yesterday for the EU Settlement scheme. CoA received by email today. I understand the processing time of applications is between 5 to 9 days according to HO website.

My wife applied before me and received her ILR 3 days later however she won't get any card or sticker on her passport. Her status can be checked at the borders. However for myself as a non-EU citizen am I gonna receive a biometric card? As I am travelling a lot I am wondering in case a Non-EU is traveling to the UK from Brazil or Singapore for example, they will not let him/her board the plane unless he/she provides an evidence (Visa or biometric card) that they are allowed to enter the UK.

Please advise whether non-EU citizens will be provided with ILR in form of a card and how long it will take to get it after the decision is made by HO.

Many thanks

Cafedelmar74
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Cafedelmar74 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:55 pm

acvfe25 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:55 pm
Hi,

When you log into your application the text with the exclamation mark saying that you will need to do your biometric first in order to process your application is just there as a reminder and won't disappear even when you do your biometrics. So no worries, you should receive the CoA soon.

Good luck!

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:00 pm

Updates:

My timeline:
Applied online - 30th March
Biometric enrolment appointment - 1st April
COA - 5th

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:02 pm

Well I did. My potential employer thought that the application number should suffice as well. However they’ve contacted the Immigration Office to double check and unfortunately Immigration Office informed them that it is not enough and that they need to see the COA.

What is your current immigration status? Are you allowed to work in the UK in general?

Hayley01
South Africa

Post by Hayley01 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:23 pm

My timeline:

Application submitted: 31.03.19
Required to post passport to HO: 31.03.19
Passport sent: 01.04.19
Passport signed for as delivered: 02-04-19
CoA: pending

eyps1213
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by eyps1213 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:28 pm

Online Application Non-Eu and EU national
31 March 2019

Non EU with BRC but in Maiden Name valid until Nov 2021
Posted passport on Married Name via Special delivery: 01-04-2019
Received by UKVI staff: 02-04-2019
CoA: waiting

SwedenSap
Newly Registered
Sweden

Post by SwedenSap » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:44 pm

Hayley01 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:23 pm
My timeline:

Application submitted: 31.03.19
Required to post passport to HO: 31.03.19
Passport sent: 01.04.19
Passport signed for as delivered: 02-04-19
CoA: pending

Is there a requirement to send passport to HO?