ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Registration certificate and Non EU Residency.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

kingmashosho
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EU Registration certificate and Non EU Residency.

Post by kingmashosho » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:19 am

Hello Team,

I am so pleased and really appreciate the way solutions and updates are been resolved to highlighten members and non in this forum.

Please,i have read extensively on this forum to find out about my issue but could not find any and maybe would have crossed it and would sincerely apologise and seek for an assistance on this issue of mine.

I am married to an EU National with a son born in EU country while i am a Non EU National. I applied for a Residence Card and also for Registration Certificates for my EU wife and son.But got a letter addressed to me yesterday to have my biometrics taken and nothing was mentioned regarding that of my wife and son, as i paid the fee of 65 pounds for each of us 195 pounds in all, which was deducted from my account.

Please, how do i know if their own application has been approved for the Registration certificate and whats the next step to do? Anyone with a known how or with past experience should please educate and advice.

My name was spelt wrongly in the biometrics letter, i ve sent a mail to notify them. Will it be corrected or will remain like that?

Lastly please, can we also apply for the EU Scheme as our documents- passports have not yet be returned? When can we apply for it? Whats the difference between BRC and BRP? Which of these will be given to me and can i travel with it without my spouse and back to the UK without any issue?

Thank you.

kamoe
European Union

Re: EU Registration certificate and Non EU Residency.

Post by kamoe » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:29 pm

kingmashosho wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:19 am
I applied for a Residence Card and also for Registration Certificates for my EU wife and son.But got a letter addressed to me yesterday to have my biometrics taken and nothing was mentioned regarding that of my wife and son
Biometric details are only needed for non-EU applicants. Your wife and son being EU, they don't need it. Note that the £65 fee is NOT for the biometrics, but for the application itself. The biometric details are paid separately when you go to the Post Office (an additional £20 or so?). So all is normal in your application, so far.
Please, how do i know if their own application has been approved for the Registration certificate
Your wife will receive an email acknowledging the receipt of her applcation, then she will hear nothing until the application is decided (about 3 weeks to a month).
and whats the next step to do?
Go to a post office listed as having the biometric capability as advised on the letter you received, pay the fee, and have your picture and fingerprints taken.
My name was spelt wrongly in the biometrics letter, i ve sent a mail to notify them. Will it be corrected or will remain like that?
This is important. I believe there is a standard notification process in case there is an error in your details, it should be clearly written on the biometrics letter you received. Is that the email address you used? I have not done it personally but believe they will send you another letter with the correct details. (Can anyone confirm)? In that case, you might need to wait until the new letter arrives, and go to the post office with the new letter not the one with the wrong details.
Lastly please, can we also apply for the EU Scheme as our documents- passports have not yet be returned?
No, you need your documents to apply. But once you have her passport back and your new RC, it will be straightforward, if you use the Android app.
When can we apply for it?
As soon as your receive your documents and RC back.
Whats the difference between BRC and BRP?
Biometric Residence Card is the card for non-EU family members of EU nationals, this is the one you (should be) are applying to. Biometric Residence Permit is the card for Tier visas (non-EU immigration route; people having nothing to do with EU nationals).
Which of these will be given to me
BRC
and can i travel with it without my spouse and back to the UK without any issue?
Yes. You also need your passport, obviously.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kingmashosho
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kingmashosho » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:22 am

Thank you so much for your wonderful response and answers as they were so helpful and really appreciate.

Regarding the biometrics, i sent an email to the home office address in the letter that my name was wrongly spelt and got a message that i will receive a response in 15 days time. Meanwhile,it stated in the letter that the biometrics should be done within 15 working days or the application becomes invalid. So it looks kind of twisted and complicated to me.
I was at the PO yesterday afternoon before i got your response,told the guy at the stand about the issue and that i ve sent an email. He just said fine and went ahead with the capturing and i paid approx £20.
Maybe if they decide to send another letter i can go for another biometrics if possible.

My wife is yet to receive any information regarding the application neither have i gotten any of my son. But i am hopeful since it can take 3 weeks to 1 month.

Thank you so much.👍

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:16 am

kingmashosho wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:22 am
Regarding the biometrics, i sent an email to the home office address in the letter that my name was wrongly spelt and got a message that i will receive a response in 15 days time. Meanwhile,it stated in the letter that the biometrics should be done within 15 working days or the application becomes invalid. So it looks kind of twisted and complicated to me.
I was at the PO yesterday afternoon before i got your response,told the guy at the stand about the issue and that i ve sent an email. He just said fine and went ahead with the capturing and i paid approx £20.
Maybe if they decide to send another letter i can go for another biometrics if possible.
Again, I have no first-hand experience in this situation and it might be that they can correct your details after the biometrics are taken. I'm not sure. There might be other posts in this forum addressing that specific question.
My wife is yet to receive any information regarding the application neither have i gotten any of my son. But i am hopeful since it can take 3 weeks to 1 month.
An email would be sent to whatever email address was put in the form on her application, it might be yours or hers. Check maybe in the Spam folder. Subject line is 'Home Office application' and will come from 'hocommunications@communications.homeoffice.gov.uk'. EU nationals usually receive this email the next day their application is received. But a good sign that the HO have starting to process all your applications is if the fees have been deducted.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kingmashosho
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kingmashosho » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:03 pm

All the information you gave was quite helpful.

I receieved COA today with my name still wrongly spelt and yet to get any response from the home office regarding the correction. I have to send an email asap and got a response that i have to go for biometrics if i have not done so or my application will be rejected as my name and personal details have been recorded and that a caseworker may consider whether it can be amended later in the consideration process.
Anyone with previous experience or knowledge should please assist on what next should be done on whom or which office to contact for assistance.

I really dont know how this will affect my travellings and documents in the nearest future., with a different spellings on my BRC and passport.

Thank you.