ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

confusedinpakistan

Re: Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Post by confusedinpakistan » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:39 am

ellyell wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:03 am
PLUZZ wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:41 pm
apc2012 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:41 am
They called me back and was told that they will post the application to me next week, which will need to be posted back. With regards to what needs to be provided, the person I spoke with said that it is likely that if you already have a document establishing the Surinder Singh relationship, you won't be asked to provide your original documents, but that you might have to so to hold on to them just in case. As I have a vignette EEA residence document, I will need to post my passport. I will need to submit evidence of residence for myself and my spouse.

I will post another update once I receive the application.
I just received a call from them as well, and I was advised the same thing. The lady advised they send out the form to each person with your unique reference number, name and DOB already pre-printed on the form. I asked whether it is required that documents pertaining to 'living and working' in the previous EU country will need to be included as part of the application at this stage, and the very helpful lady advised that from her understanding, this would not be required again, as your issued residence card would serve that purpose. She stated that they have raised this question with their team lead however, and they should have clarifications shortly. The application process is that once you receive the form in the post, you return it with physical evidence of your supporting documents (you cannot upload supporting documents online following submission of your application). You then receive a letter (not sure if this is by post of email) advising you to book an enrolment for Biometrics, if you do not already have a biometric residence card. Following your biometrics enrolment, you will then receive a certificate of application by email. The lady was unable to advise o estimated processing time for the entire application process.
Well, I am not sure if it makes sense.
On the website it says;
If your family member is a British citizen (‘Surinder Singh’ applications)
You may be eligible if you lived outside the UK in an EU or EEA country (or Switzerland) with your family member, and you’re:

married to or in a civil partnership with them
under 21 years old, and are their child or grandchild
21 years or older, and are their dependent child or grandchild
their dependent parent or grandparent
The country that you lived in together must have been your main residence. Your British family member must also have been working, studying or self-sufficient in the country while there.

You cannot use the online service to apply if this is how you qualify for the scheme - you’ll need to use a paper form instead.

Request a paper form to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.

according to this information, British family member will need to prove those.
Hasn't this already been proven though when the initial family permit was issued?

ellyell

Re: Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Post by ellyell » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:43 am

confusedinpakistan wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:39 am
ellyell wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:03 am
PLUZZ wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:41 pm
apc2012 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:41 am
They called me back and was told that they will post the application to me next week, which will need to be posted back. With regards to what needs to be provided, the person I spoke with said that it is likely that if you already have a document establishing the Surinder Singh relationship, you won't be asked to provide your original documents, but that you might have to so to hold on to them just in case. As I have a vignette EEA residence document, I will need to post my passport. I will need to submit evidence of residence for myself and my spouse.

I will post another update once I receive the application.
I just received a call from them as well, and I was advised the same thing. The lady advised they send out the form to each person with your unique reference number, name and DOB already pre-printed on the form. I asked whether it is required that documents pertaining to 'living and working' in the previous EU country will need to be included as part of the application at this stage, and the very helpful lady advised that from her understanding, this would not be required again, as your issued residence card would serve that purpose. She stated that they have raised this question with their team lead however, and they should have clarifications shortly. The application process is that once you receive the form in the post, you return it with physical evidence of your supporting documents (you cannot upload supporting documents online following submission of your application). You then receive a letter (not sure if this is by post of email) advising you to book an enrolment for Biometrics, if you do not already have a biometric residence card. Following your biometrics enrolment, you will then receive a certificate of application by email. The lady was unable to advise o estimated processing time for the entire application process.
Well, I am not sure if it makes sense.
On the website it says;
If your family member is a British citizen (‘Surinder Singh’ applications)
You may be eligible if you lived outside the UK in an EU or EEA country (or Switzerland) with your family member, and you’re:

married to or in a civil partnership with them
under 21 years old, and are their child or grandchild
21 years or older, and are their dependent child or grandchild
their dependent parent or grandparent
The country that you lived in together must have been your main residence. Your British family member must also have been working, studying or self-sufficient in the country while there.

You cannot use the online service to apply if this is how you qualify for the scheme - you’ll need to use a paper form instead.

Request a paper form to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.

according to this information, British family member will need to prove those.
Hasn't this already been proven though when the initial family permit was issued?
I agree, with RC application they ask supporting documents proving this.
But if you look at old PR form (EEA-PR which is still on the website by the way) they are asking British family member to prove this again. I believe this is also linked to the update they introduced sometime in 2016. I am pretty certain they will ask us to prove this again.