ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ex Refugee travelling home country with British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

London22
Member of Standing

Ex Refugee travelling home country with British Passport

Post by London22 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:42 pm

Hello All Users
There is ambiguity that if an ex refugee travels to home country with british passport he is in danger of losing BC.I dont think it is true.Often example is given that refugees fear of persecution was fake .A refugee proves everthing legit before the grant of any status &ilr &then BC.When that person is no more a refugee he is a normal BC so can travel anywhere.There is need of more search on this topic & some should stop scaring people in traveling to back home.If some people have their BC revoked due to travel to home country should share &Im sure the number will be very less.Many ex refugees travel to home country &come back to UK without a trouble.

Scorpio111
Newly Registered
Kenya

Re: Ex Refugee travelling home country with British Passport

Post by Scorpio111 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:33 pm

Hi all, it’s not true. If you remembered in the past Home office was granted ILR stickers to refugee in 2010 but later on BRP introduced. One of my friends he got ILR sticker in his country of origin passport and he still using same passport for travel. But now on ILR home office mentioned ILR Refugee settlement so you can’t travel to home country but after BC you are free and your no anymore refugee so you can travel to home country but it will be better to apply for visit visa to your hone country. According to home office Guide AN
Naturalisation Booklet – The Requirements March 2019 :
You should also note that if you are currently regarded as a refugee in the United Kingdom, you will lose that status if you naturalise as a British citizen.

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:57 pm

Yes Scorpian
This is what I mean that when an ex refugee with BC travels to home country he cant be scared that he would lose BC on the reason that he was a refugee.Before the introduction of BRP many people have been travelling to home countries even with ILR and some lawyers still say that ILR is not lost a refugee travels to home country and Im not agree on it.ILR can be lost in this way.But my strong point is on being a british national an ex refugee should be able to travel to his home country and it is worldwide that many ex refugees do travel back home after naturalozation.Some people scare them which needs a stop now.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:12 pm

(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:57 am

Casa
This topic is not about revocation of refugee status but about an ex refugee who is a british national now and travels to home country.There is no issue in travelling home country after obtaining BC however it is dangerous to travel to home country with refugee leave or refugee settlement also called Refugee ILR.