ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nusratali786
Pakistan

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by Nusratali786 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:27 pm

SuperDupper wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:55 am
SuperDupper wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:58 pm
SuperDupper wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:13 pm
Nusratali786 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:10 pm

Congrats
It means ur application is approved and passport office is processing ur application.

Thanks for your reply Nusratali786
I wish and hope what you are saying will happen in Sha Allah,
Roughly how long will it take now to complete the process from now on?
When should i expect to hear the decision?
almost a month since my MP informed me that a decision has been made on my case and still not heard anything from HO, a week since text received from HMPO,

Can anybody help or guide please>??
any one gone through same/ similar scenario?

Its so strange, nobody including admins and experts are not replying for weeks
Hi supper have u still not received ur BC whats going on ??

SuperDupper
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by SuperDupper » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:33 pm

Nusratali786 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:27 pm
SuperDupper wrote:
SuperDupper wrote:
SuperDupper wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:13 pm

Thanks for your reply Nusratali786
I wish and hope what you are saying will happen in Sha Allah,
Roughly how long will it take now to complete the process from now on?
When should i expect to hear the decision?
almost a month since my MP informed me that a decision has been made on my case and still not heard anything from HO, a week since text received from HMPO,

Hi Nusrat Ali

Thanks for ur reply,

Nothing yet received, read another thread and found u have same dv problems as mine so u may be the best person to guide, as my refusal was on good character due to my ex had a non molestation against me, pls note it was discharged by way of giving undertaking which never been breaks

Passport form requested and sent back with pics on 22nd of jan,
Text received from hmpoffice on 23rd feb, called and they said we dnt have any info only HO can tell u,
Nothing heard since

Nusratali786
Pakistan

Post by Nusratali786 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:19 pm

SuperDupper wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:33 pm
Nusratali786 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:27 pm
SuperDupper wrote:
SuperDupper wrote:

Hi Nusrat Ali

Thanks for ur reply,

Nothing yet received, read another thread and found u have same dv problems as mine so u may be the best person to guide, as my refusal was on good character due to my ex had a non molestation against me, pls note it was discharged by way of giving undertaking which never been breaks

Passport form requested and sent back with pics on 22nd of jan,
Text received from hmpoffice on 23rd feb, called and they said we dnt have any info only HO can tell u,
Nothing heard since
Hi
Thanks to God i have received my BC last week. I jave included my divorce certificate with my documents . My ex accused me of domestic violence i got arrested but police found no evidence of it so it didnt went to court and for divorce i i proved in court that my ex was not of good chracter and judge accepted my reasons.
So thats y i sent my divorce certificate to home office so that have no doubt about my chracter.

SuperDupper
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by SuperDupper » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:18 pm

@NusratAli786

BTW how long does it takes the decision to arrive once you receive the text from passport office?

I received the text on 23rd of Feb 2019 and they said contact us by 16/03/19 if you dont receive your passport by then.

And My solicitor said off course they have to process it thats why they asked for new pics and form in fresh date. as when they refused the application i did not receive the text.

Any advise would be helpful to keep up the patience level in such a long wait :D :D :D :lol: 8)

Nusratali786
Pakistan

Post by Nusratali786 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:33 pm

SuperDupper wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:18 pm
@NusratAli786

BTW how long does it takes the decision to arrive once you receive the text from passport office?

I received the text on 23rd of Feb 2019 and they said contact us by 16/03/19 if you dont receive your passport by then.

And My solicitor said off course they have to process it thats why they asked for new pics and form in fresh date. as when they refused the application i did not receive the text.

Any advise would be helpful to keep up the patience level in such a long wait :D :D :D :lol: 8)
Call passport office and ask the reason for delay??

Rosh2018
Newly Registered

Post by Rosh2018 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:10 pm

Kyiyah0013 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:54 am
Hello Everybody,

I really need help and advise please.

My application for British Citizenship has been rejected by the Home Office for the Good Character, The HO stated that :

1. I came to the Uk illegally ( but its not True as i came with a student visa )
2. That i delayed to apply for Asylum ( i applied 8 months after arriving to UK as i did not not about this possibility and i was not well, when i applied for asylum my student visa was still valid and not expired)

When my application for asylum was granted 7 years ago, the judge cleared out those two points and the home office never said anything about.

My question is :
Did anyone in similar situation had a successful reconsideration.
If i apply for reconsideration, is it better to use a solicitor or i just do it myself.

Please advise me as i am lost right now.
Bro I have a similar situation, but mine actually I was overstayed for about 50 days, but I was sick, and took medicine, I submit the doctor's letter as well, did HO ask you to clarify about your case or they just refused it, because they sent me a form to fill up, i'm still waiting for my result. dob't know what gonna happen, i'll let you know. i explained them why did i overstayed let see what happen.

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:12 am

Hello all

I just apply BC last week I'm worried little bit cos I was overstayed for 8 month when I got asylum Iin 2012 but when I APPLIED ASYLUM I told home office all reason and also I was married with british citizen before my visa expire but some reasons I was delayed to apply spouse visa I told home office every thing And my ex spouse help me as wel when i apply asylum and now my question is what they will decide ?? They will send any questioner ?? PLZ reply me thanks

SuperDupper
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by SuperDupper » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:44 am

Hi
Still heard nothing and its been 9 months now since i sent the reconsideration app, 3 months since sent second passport form, more than two months since text received from hmpo, rang hmpo they said we dont have any info on app untill you attend your ceremony which is only HO can tell u,

What should i do?

SuperDupper
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by SuperDupper » Sat May 11, 2019 9:39 pm

Hi everyone

I am pleased to share good news at this forum that I have finaly received the most awaited devision letter and my app has been approved in reconsideration in almost 9 months from sending form NR. Letter dated 5th of may (sunday)
Still waiting for ceremoney, can anyone tell me how long does it takes to arrive or can i book my ceremoney without that invitation received???

lake1

Post by lake1 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:29 pm

SuperDupper wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:39 pm
Hi everyone

I am pleased to share good news at this forum that I have finaly received the most awaited devision letter and my app has been approved in reconsideration in almost 9 months from sending form NR. Letter dated 5th of may (sunday)
Still waiting for ceremoney, can anyone tell me how long does it takes to arrive or can i book my ceremoney without that invitation received???
Congratulations.

Yes you can book ceremony without the letter, just call the location you selected and they will check their system and if they have you on their record you can go ahead with the ceremony.

Congratulations once again.

j.weg
Newly Registered

Post by j.weg » Thu May 23, 2019 12:49 pm

Hi,

Both me and my husband has been refused back in May 2016. As my situation is more complex I have decided that we will challenge my husband's application. He has been refused because they could not establish that he was exercising free movement rights. He is self-employed director in a successful company therefore I assume that lack of bank statements (personal and business ones) led to negative decision. I have already contacted HO if we can still send reconsideration application and yes, we can. I would like to send those bank statements and some more documents confirming that he has been in the UK but the question is - will they be suspicious why it took him so long to appeal? Will this be successful bearing in mind that this is his fault that he did not send those statements in the first place? Shall we send all paperwork again and only attach additional documents and passport?

Thank you for your responses in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:54 pm

j.weg wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:49 pm
Hi,

Both me and my husband has been refused back in May 2016. As my situation is more complex I have decided that we will challenge my husband's application. He has been refused because they could not establish that he was exercising free movement rights. He is self-employed director in a successful company therefore I assume that lack of bank statements (personal and business ones) led to negative decision. I have already contacted HO if we can still send reconsideration application and yes, we can. I would like to send those bank statements and some more documents confirming that he has been in the UK but the question is - will they be suspicious why it took him so long to appeal? Will this be successful bearing in mind that this is his fault that he did not send those statements in the first place? Shall we send all paperwork again and only attach additional documents and passport?

Do both of you hold a Document Certifying Permanent residence??

Note a reconsideration request is not an "appeal".

Why have you waited 3 years to ask for a reconsideration?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

j.weg
Newly Registered

Post by j.weg » Thu May 23, 2019 1:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:54 pm
j.weg wrote:
Hi,

We applied when this was not a requirement (October 2015) but have this document since April 2019

To be honest - lack of time, lack of knowledge. We have seen a solicitor who advised to explain that we had zero financial support to seek legal advice hence the 3 year gap.

j.weg
Newly Registered

Post by j.weg » Thu May 23, 2019 1:33 pm

j.weg wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 1:04 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:54 pm
j.weg wrote:
Hi,

We applied when this was not a requirement (October 2015) but have this document since April 2019

To be honest - lack of time, lack of knowledge. We have seen a solicitor who advised to explain that we had zero financial support to seek legal advice hence the 3 year gap.
Also I gave birth to our 2nd daughter in April 2016 who has been given British passport based on my husband history - how ironic is that

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Post by Irfan1648 » Thu May 23, 2019 3:32 pm

When you receive the documents back with document certifying permanent residence , you should have received a letter from the home office which state when you acquired permanent residence status, what is the date on the letter ?

j.weg
Newly Registered

Post by j.weg » Thu May 23, 2019 3:48 pm

Irfan1648 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:32 pm
When you receive the documents back with document certifying permanent residence , you should have received a letter from the home office which state when you acquired permanent residence status, what is the date on the letter ?
12th of March. I’ve done it online but that is not the case. We have applied when those documents were not needed.

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Post by Irfan1648 » Thu May 23, 2019 6:16 pm

The documents you provided for your Naturlisation back in days covering 6 year period of exercising treaty rights , you should have sent that even online and if successful you would have strong case to appeal , according to this if it says 11 March 2019, you will have to wait another year till 11 March 2020 to apply for Naturlisation

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 23, 2019 6:38 pm

Irfan1648 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:16 pm
The documents you provided for your Naturlisation back in days covering 6 year period of exercising treaty rights , you should have sent that even online and if successful you would have strong case to appeal , according to this if it says 11 March 2019, you will have to wait another year till 11 March 2020 to apply for Naturlisation
Note that the user applied in 2015, before the online system and before proof of PR was required. Note also that you cannot "appeal" a citizenship refusal. You can only request a reconsideration, which can take many months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

j.weg
Newly Registered

Post by j.weg » Thu May 23, 2019 10:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:38 pm
Irfan1648 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:16 pm
Note that the user applied in 2015, before the online system and before proof of PR was required. Note also that you cannot "appeal" a citizenship refusal. You can only request a reconsideration, which can take many months.
So this is why I am here. Can anyone advise? I now I can apply for reconsideration but afraid of the time that has passed since decision.

SuperDupper
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by SuperDupper » Sun May 26, 2019 4:34 pm

Hi all

I have now attended my ceremony on tuesday 21st and waiting for passport to arrive. I have 2 questions about the pr card i hold (please note its brp card not sticker in passport)
1: can i still travel in and out of uk with this if i have to before my passport arrive?
2: very confused after reading different opinions on send pr card back or not? Its a brp PR obtained with ROR its not ILR?
Please guide

guru1s

Post by guru1s » Mon May 27, 2019 9:20 am

SuperDupper wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 4:34 pm
Hi all

I have now attended my ceremony on tuesday 21st and waiting for passport to arrive. I have 2 questions about the pr card i hold (please note its brp card not sticker in passport)
1: can i still travel in and out of uk with this if i have to before my passport arrive?
2: very confused after reading different opinions on send pr card back or not? Its a brp PR obtained with ROR its not ILR?
Please guide
How can you travel if you had to send your original passport after you have filled in the passport application along with your naturalisation certificate?

If you are an EU member, then you have to send your blue UK residence documentation for a national of an EEA state that you have to sent back to HO within first 5-7 days after your ceremony or you can be fined.

SuperDupper
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by SuperDupper » Tue May 28, 2019 4:40 pm

guru1s wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 9:20 am
SuperDupper wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 4:34 pm
Hi all

Please guide
How can you travel if you had to send your original passport after you have filled in the passport application along with your naturalisation certificate?

If you are an EU member, then you have to send your blue UK residence documentation for a national of an EEA state that you have to sent back to HO within first 5-7 days after your ceremony or you can be fined.
I dont have to send my original passport, i have sent my passport app with ndrs jcap,

katyatash
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by katyatash » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:38 am

"After you get your certificate

You must send your biometric residence permit (BRP) back to the Home Office within 5 working days of getting your certificate of British citizenship.

Cut your BRP into 4 pieces and put it in a windowless envelope.

Include a note saying you’re returning your permit because you’ve become a citizen. Include your name, date of birth and the document number (found on the front of the card) in the note.

Naturalisation BRP Returns
PO Box 195
Bristol
BS20 1BT
You’ll be fined up to £1,000 if you do not return your permit within 5 working days."

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:16 am

katyatash wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:38 am
"After you get your certificate

You must send your biometric residence permit (BRP) back to the Home Office within 5 working days of getting your certificate of British citizenship.

Cut your BRP into 4 pieces and put it in a windowless envelope.

Include a note saying you’re returning your permit because you’ve become a citizen. Include your name, date of birth and the document number (found on the front of the card) in the note.

Naturalisation BRP Returns
PO Box 195
Bristol
BS20 1BT
You’ll be fined up to £1,000 if you do not return your permit within 5 working days."
Is there a purpose for posting this generic information in the 'Unsuccessful Applications' topic???
Char (CR001 not Casa)

katyatash
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by katyatash » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:42 pm

It was a response to SuperDupper. I cannot delete it, if you could do that,would be appreciated. Thanks