ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa for Japanese Partner

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aaron4reds
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa for Japanese Partner

Post by aaron4reds » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:46 pm

Hi all ,

I am new to this forum and looking for some advise and some clarification.

Myself and my Japanese partner of 4 years will be getting married in Japan in November and then I'll be applying for a spouse Visa for her to come over here when I get back home after my trip.

I have some questions about financial requirement calculations and which category I will be applying under. I know it's a few months away but I have heard that preparation is key!

I will be meeting the financial requirement through two jobs which I have withheld for more than 6 months. Which category do I apply under?

My main job I get paid £9.00 hourly and work 37.5 a week
My second job I get paid £8.30 hourly and work 7.5 a week.
How will they calculate my earnings and am I eligible? If I have worked it out correctly, I do earn the threshold.

Thank you for your replies. Not even started the process yet and already stressed out!! :D

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa for Japanese Partner

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:22 pm

If you are working for both employers from at least 6 months then under category A you can combine them to meet financial requirement:

£9*37.5= £337.50*52= £17550

£8.30*7.5= £62.25*52= £3237

£20787

You can easily meet the financial requirement. Make sure to attach 6 months of payslips & employer letter from each employer and 6 months of bank statements.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

aaron4reds
Newly Registered

Post by aaron4reds » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:21 am

Thank you so much for your reply Seagul.

I wondered whether anybody may be able to clarify something else that has been nagging at me too.

My full time job is as a Travel Agent - At times i am required to go away with work on educational visits. I don't take this as holiday as it is work and i am paid for it.
In July i am going to Borneo for a week , but i need to take unpaid leave from my part time cleaning job or else it will have to come out of my regular holiday allowance for my own holidays.

This means that particular wage slip will show a lesser amount than the rest of them.
Will this affect things or will they still go by my contracted hours / wage when calculating?

Thank you in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:28 pm

You will have to plan your holidays in a very careful way especially if you are not earning variable income and taking unpaid leave. Because HO will take the lowest wages figure during the last 6 months to calculate the annual wages.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

aaron4reds
Newly Registered

Post by aaron4reds » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:59 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:28 pm
You will have to plan your holidays in a very careful way especially if you are not earning variable income and taking unpaid leave. Because HO will take the lowest wages figure during the last 6 months to calculate the annual wages.
Thank you again Seagul.

How do I record both jobs on appendix 2 form? They only have enough space for details of one job

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:09 pm

aaron4reds wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:59 pm
seagul wrote:
Thank you again Seagul.

How do I record both jobs on appendix 2 form? They only have enough space for details of one job
You can add an additional sheet and also state about it in additional info section too.

aaron4reds
Newly Registered

Post by aaron4reds » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:52 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:09 pm
aaron4reds wrote:
seagul wrote:
Thank you again Seagul.

You can add an additional sheet and also state about it in additional info section too.
So should I print that particular section out twice and just fill it out twice then?
Thank you by the way , you're really helpful

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:17 pm

aaron4reds wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:52 pm
seagul wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:09 pm
aaron4reds wrote:
seagul wrote:
Thank you again Seagul.

So should I print that particular section out twice and just fill it out twice then?
Thank you by the way , you're really helpful
If I were you then definitely do it and also state same in additional info section at part 5