ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of ILR Settle status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

claudioiac
Newly Registered
Italy

What and how to declare driving penalties

Post by claudioiac » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:45 pm

Hi all,
I'm applying for British nationality and I need some help in how to declare the fines I have got in these years regarding driving.
I entered in UK in 09/2010. Since then in UK I only had 2 or 3 parking tickets for time expired that I paid straight away, they may have happened sometimes before 2014 but I have no record left
Last year I had 1 fine in Italy for entering in a limited restricted area
But the more serious situation happened before entering in UK, in 2009/2010 in Germany when I got a few speeding tickets and drink and drive fine with 1 month of ban. Unfortunately I have no record for these too.
Can you please advice me with what to declare and how (not having the exact date)?
Thanks so much

claudioiac
Newly Registered
Italy

Re: What and how to declare driving penalties

Post by claudioiac » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:16 pm

Can someone please tell me if a minor drinking drive offence in Germany from 2010 needs to be declared?? HELP!!

wahi66
BANNED

Re: What and how to declare driving penalties

Post by wahi66 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:45 pm

parking ticket are not required to declare as long as it has been settle with going to court.

but your speeding tickets including drink and drive must to declare. include whatever you remember so far and explain you dont have exact facts and figure.

Its not gonna have any negative impact on your application due to long time factor.

claudioiac
Newly Registered
Italy

Proof of ILR Settle status

Post by claudioiac » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:37 am

Hi all,
I'm a EU national applying to british nationality using the settle status:
https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-in ... -to-remain

I have done the online form but I have a key question for the document checklist, this is what it asks

Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions. You must provide one of the following documents:
-your passport showing you are able to remain permanently in the UK
-other (for example, a letter from the Home Office, your BRP card or other proof of exemption from immigration control)

what shall I provide??

The EU settle scheme does not provide any written documents to prove your status, I received a pdf letter from the home office confirming me the status but it is also states that the letter is not a proof and says that the status is implicitly linked with my passport. there is also an weblink to verify the status but that is for employees rather than for the home office. Shall I just present my current passport then? I am quite afraid to fail the application by not having the right proof!
please help!!!!
thanks so much!!

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Re: Proof of ILR Settle status

Post by Irfan1648 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:27 pm

When did you get the settled status ?

MsSteel
BANNED
Belgium

Post by MsSteel » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:21 pm

Hi, just thought I'd mention it in case you're not aware:

With Settled Status, you can apply for citizenship immediately IF you're married to a UK citizen. Otherwise, you'd have to wait 12 months from the date you received Settled Status before applying for citizenship.

I'm probably stating the obvious but thought I'd mention it anyway in case you missed it :)
claudioiac wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:37 am
Hi all,

I have done the online form but I have a key question for the document checklist, this is what it asks

Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions. You must provide one of the following documents:
-other (for example, a letter from the Home Office, your BRP card or other proof of exemption from immigration control)

what shall I provide??

The EU settle scheme does not provide any written documents to prove your status, I received a pdf letter from the home office confirming me the status but it is also states that the letter is not a proof and says that the status is implicitly linked with my passport. there is also an weblink to verify the status but that is for employees rather than for the home office. Shall I just present my current passport then? I am quite afraid to fail the application by not having the right proof!
please help!!!!
thanks so much!!

MsSteel
BANNED
Belgium

Post by MsSteel » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:41 pm

Hi again, from my understanding "freedom from immigration time restriction" is your Settled Status...which is tied to your passport...so your passport should be sufficient and I see no harm in sending the pdf letter as well.

I'm not an expert so please do wait for the moderators to respond.

Edited by moderator

To the kind and helpful moderators here, this is in no way a dispute of your valuable feedback. I'm just sharing another point of reference for EU applicants to consult, seeing as Brexit has caused many a sleepless nights. xx
claudioiac wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:37 am
Hi all,

what shall I provide??

please help!!!!
thanks so much!!

claudioiac
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by claudioiac » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:42 pm

Hi all,
I'm married with a British citizen therefore despite I got the settle status a couple of weeks ago and should be able to apply immediately to citizenship. I guess not many people for this reason have applied using this route.

I'm also thinking the passport should be enough as it is but I'd like to have a more confident answer about this.
Thanks!!

Alien2017

Post by Alien2017 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:50 pm

You need to mention your application number from your settled status application. This is the information they are after
Good luck!