ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am I (tier 2) eligible to be the guardian/care taker of my younger sister, who is applying for a Tier 4 Child Visa?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nameerk
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Am I (tier 2) eligible to be the guardian/care taker of my younger sister, who is applying for a Tier 4 Child Visa?

Post by nameerk » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:36 pm

My younger sister (aged 13, will turn 14 this October) has applied to two separate fee paying independent schools, and the application process is underway. When my sister joins the school in September (assuming her application is successful), I will be on a Tier 2 Work Visa, and I plan on being her full time guardian/care taker.

I was recently told by someone that my sister will require either a UK Citizen, or a Permanent Resident to be her guardian. Is this true?

Will this be an issue? Will I suffice as her guardian, or will she need a UK citizen/permanent resident?

One school said as long as the duration of my Visa covers the duration of my younger sister's visa, this should not be an issue, however I'm still unsure.

Many thanks in advance for the help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Am I (tier 2) eligible to be the guardian/care taker of my younger sister, who is applying for a Tier 4 Child Visa?

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:57 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nameerk
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Am I (tier 2) eligible to be the guardian/care taker of my younger sister, who is applying for a Tier 4 Child Visa?

Post by nameerk » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:12 pm

Thanks for your reply. Have you had experiences where the visa was out right denied for someone in my position?

The rules say "If your intended carer is in the UK on a temporary basis and is not able to provide one of these forms of evidence, your application will be refused unless it is a compassionate or exceptional
circumstance".

Does my situation count as exceptional? I believe it's reasonable for me to look after my sister when she is here, and I am working, however, is there anyway to show this on my application in a way that will convince the Visa officer to agree with my position?

Once again, many thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.