ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status - Criteria and outcomes

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Roreu1
Mood:

Re: Non-EU applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status - Criteria and outcomes

Post by Roreu1 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:46 pm

Hey friend I have questions I’m non eu and after divorce I got ROR and then I have PR.my questions is if I apply new application for settled Scheme I need my ex wife idd and home office check my ex wife previce 5 year work history? I have already PR plz any one reply my questions thx u

Bunny47
Mood:

Re: Non-EU applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status - Criteria and outcomes

Post by Bunny47 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:06 pm

Years in UK: 6.2
Years on EEA RC/FP: 5
Applied: 30.03.2019
Status offered: Settled
Biometric submitted : 4.04.2019
Outcome: Still waiting

inesbankole

Post by inesbankole » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:13 pm

marcia1234 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:09 am
inesbankole wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:18 am
Hi all,
Quick advice please guys.
I am non eu citizen married to a eu citizen but no living together anymore.
I have my 5 year residence card and still valid until 2021.
I am planning to travel outside the Uk in may for 2 months.
I want to apply for the pre settled status, i started the application but missing the payslip of the last 6 months of my Wife
I begged her but she is not willing to give it to me.
I do have some of her payslips but it is not recent at all 1 year ago payslips.
I do not know what to do.
I don't want to find myslef in trouble at the border when i return from my trip.
Please helpppp.
Thanks in advance
Hi, So when you apply for a presettle status as a non eu spousse of a eu citizen you need to provide your spouse's 6 months payslip? I read caseworkers guide it does not mention about that, could you please share how do you know that ?
Thanks
Hi guys,
So after waiting for the scheme to be opened fully on the 30th of march. I decide to have the courage to apply for the pre settled status.
I submitted the marriage certificate, a copy of my wife passport.
Got COA on 01/04
On 02/04, Got the outcome pre ettled granted
Never thought this could be that easy. They have really up the standard this time. The Ho.
Good luck to all

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:12 am

[quote=Fbiboy2002 post_id=1757669 time=1553028898 user_id=214893]
Hi
I would like to share my story it might be useful to anyone
I'm an Egyptian married to latvian woman we married in Egypt 2011 I came to England in March 2012 on family permit 6 months Visa I applied for residence card 4 month later

When you send Settled Status application they didn't ask for WIFE ID OR RESIDENCY DOCUMENTS ? And they gave you settled status without looking at EEA national evidence ? Is it because you already have NEW RC valid for 5 years and they only wanted to see your 5 years residency ?
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:08 am

askmeplz82 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:12 am
Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:54 pm
Hi
I would like to share my story it might be useful to anyone
I'm an Egyptian married to latvian woman we married in Egypt 2011 I came to England in March 2012 on family permit 6 months Visa I applied for residence card 4 month later

When you send Settled Status application they didn't ask for WIFE ID OR RESIDENCY DOCUMENTS ? And they gave you settled status without looking at EEA national evidence ? Is it because you already have NEW RC valid for 5 years and they only wanted to see your 5 years residency ?
They asked for more evidence
Like proof of relationship and my wife ID and proof of her residency like p60 and bank statement or council tax and tenancy agreement of the past 5 years

I had only the marriage certificate and my daughter birth certificate nothing else
I don't know how they worked it out might be because my RC new and I have already sent them this evidence year ago!
But anyway I called the resolution centre while my application was still in progress and told them I can't give more evidence as my wife doesn't want to help ( :evil: ) they said they will put that on the system for the caseworker and I got it

Rkohdi
India

Post by Rkohdi » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:07 pm

I applied for settle status with my current partner .but yesterday i got call from home office and they said that if i can provide them certificate from first marriage and divorce then i can get ILR ..i sent them yeterday documents and today i got email confirming my settled status as ILR.
I wanna ask

Is this same Ilr like other person getting after marriage to british ...and when i can apply for british citizen ?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:59 am

Rkohdi wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:07 pm
I applied for settle status with my current partner .but yesterday i got call from home office and they said that if i can provide them certificate from first marriage and divorce then i can get ILR ..i sent them yeterday documents and today i got email confirming my settled status as ILR.
I wanna ask

Is this same Ilr like other person getting after marriage to british ...and when i can apply for british citizen ?

Yes Same like British ILR .. except that * may be * you can stay outside the UK upto 5 years. Still it need to be voted by the MP in the parliament.. ILR under UK laws only allows 2 years . so if you stay outside the UK for more then 2 years you loose it

I want to ask you What was your status in the UK when you applied ? You mentioned that you applied with your current partner. How long you been together and what application did you send PRE - Settled or Settled ?

Rkohdi
India

Post by Rkohdi » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:29 am

Yes i applied with my current npartner.i have residence card till 2023 with my current partner.
Last time when i applied ROR then my application was rejected bcoz did not have any proof of ex wife...so then i applied for new residence card with my current partner...

But sincr 2013 m full time employe without any gap....

I applied for pre settle status with my current partner but they called me and asked me that if i can send them certificatr of marriage from first marriage which was 5 years total and divorce certificate then i can get settled status.....

Yesterday when i wanna send them proof if living 5 years durin first marriagr then suddenly i got email confirning my ILR.
thank you and good luck all

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:53 pm

Question regarding my spouse entitlement. I am an EU citizen who became British (dual).

Timeline:
Me (EU) in UK: 10/2011
Spouse (non-EEA) in UK: 8/2012
Married: 8/2015 (I was exercising EEA rights then, Lounes applies)
Me (EU) obtain permanent residence EEA(PR): 10/2016
Me (EU/BC) obtain British citizenship: 03/2018
Spouse on different continuous residence BRP visas (inc student) in UK till today, (never got EEA RC/FP)

Her status:
Years in UK: 6.5
Years on EEA RC/FP: 0 (did never aquire EEA RC/FP)
Years since marriage: 3.7

Would the non-EEA spouse be eligible for settled status or only pre-settled, or should she apply for ILR through UK immigration rules with the current visa (cost, travel restriction during consideration, time implications)?

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:30 am

kamoe wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:52 am
I'd like to build a picture of how Settled and Pre-Settled status criteria is applied to non-EU family members of EU citizens. There has been a lot of speculation in different topics, regarding maximum waiting time, and what exactly counts towards the 5 years to be granted Settled Status.

Could any non-EU people having gone through the Settled Status application please share their outcome and circumstances as below?

For example, mine are:

Years in UK: 9.5
Years on EEA RC/FP: 3
Applied: 21.01.2019
Status offered: Settled
Outcome: Still waiting
Date of outcome: Still waiting
Hi Kamoe

Any news on your status yet ? I wonder if someone can help or advice on my situation.

I am a non EU national and holding a residence card (not bio-metric) issued on 2nd of May 2014 and will expire on 2nd of May 2019. When I first got the residence card it was based on durable relationship with EEA national. Later in 2015 we got married.

My wife (EU) national made an application on 3rd of April, and will be considered for settled status. She had to send her id in a post which she did on 08th of May. Her id card has been received and signed on 9th of May, so now she is awaiting confirmation on her status. I guess this will take time may be week or so !!

Me as a non EU family member applied day after on 4th of May, and linked my application to hers by providing her (EU national) application reference number, and was only asked to upload proof of relationship. I did upload marriage certificate and copy of residence card before submitting the application. I was asked to book biometrics appointment which I am going for on Friday the 12th of April.

I have lived in the UK for almost 9 years and was told online that I will be considered for settled status. My question is,

1)I have only completed 4 years 11 months as a family member of an EU national as per residence card issued in 2014 and got married in 2015, so will I get settled or pre settled status ?

2) will I be eligible for settled status on 2nd of May 2019 as I will complete 5 years on Residence card.

3)Do I need to wait till 2020 to be eligible for settled status because I got married in 2015 and marriage date will be a start date for 5 years continuous residence and not the day when residence card was issued ?

Lastly, after 5 years on residence card, in my case which will complete on (2nd of May 2019),can I still apply for permanent residence even though home office decided to give me pre settled status.

Reason why I am not waiting for 5 years to be completed on residence card is just because I am starting a new job on 3rd of May and my employer would need right to work proof. If I was working for the current employer, I would have given my application reference number so things are little bit complicated.

Hope someone can help !!

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:54 am

skasyap wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:30 am
Hi Kamoe

Any news on your status yet ? I wonder if someone can help or advice on my situation.
Nope. I'm more amused than anything else. I applied just for the sake of scientific curiosity to see what happened if I applied, in the remote hope that I would get Settled status by virtue of my being in the uK for over 9 years in different immigration categories. In theory, I should get Pre-Settled status as only 3 years on RC, but... for some reason they have decided my case needs to wait. Not planning on escalating it further as there is plenty of time and having a valid RC means I have no need for Pre-settled status anytime soon.
I have lived in the UK for almost 9 years and was told online that I will be considered for settled status.
Same here, but as you can see that's not a guarantee of what outcome you will get and how long it will take.
1)I have only completed 4 years 11 months as a family member of an EU national as per residence card issued in 2014 and got married in 2015, so will I get settled or pre settled status ?
In theory you will get Pre-settled status, in practice, the case worker might be smart and might advise to put your case on hold until you complete the 5 years, for the sake of giving you the Settled status straight away. That would be less hassle for everyone involved. But take this with a pinch of salt as this is only mu guess based on the fact that they have put my own application on hold.
2) will I be eligible for settled status on 2nd of May 2019 as I will complete 5 years on Residence card.
yes. hence they might just wait for that date to give you a decision.
3)Do I need to wait till 2020 to be eligible for settled status because I got married in 2015 and marriage date will be a start date for 5 years continuous residence and not the day when residence card was issued ?
No. Clock starts when you first were issued a RC, not when you got married, so May 2014.
Lastly, after 5 years on residence card, in my case which will complete on (2nd of May 2019),can I still apply for permanent residence even though home office decided to give me pre settled status.
Yes, you can apply for permanent residence when you are eligible. The two routes are not mutually exclusive.
Reason why I am not waiting for 5 years to be completed on residence card is just because I am starting a new job on 3rd of May and my employer would need right to work proof. If I was working for the current employer, I would have given my application reference number so things are little bit complicated.
This does complicate things a bit. If it looks like you are not having a decision soon, then escalate to the HO (there is a convenient online form you can use to communicate with your case worker) your case and explain you really need your decision by May 2nd. They might be able to accommodate that.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:08 am

kamoe wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:54 am
skasyap wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:30 am
Hi Kamoe

Nope. I'm more amused than anything else. I applied just for the sake of scientific curiosity to see what happened if I applied, in the remote hope that I would get Settled status by virtue of my being in the uK for over 9 years in different immigration categories. In theory, I should get Pre-Settled status as only 3 years on RC, but... for some reason they have decided my case needs to wait. Not planning on escalating it further as there is plenty of time and having a valid RC means I have no need for Pre-settled status anytime soon.
I have lived in the UK for almost 9 years and was told online that I will be considered for settled status.
Same here, but as you can see that's not a guarantee of what outcome you will get and how long it will take.
In theory you will get Pre-settled status, in practice, the case worker might be smart and might advise to put your case on hold until you complete the 5 years, for the sake of giving you the Settled status straight away. That would be less hassle for everyone involved. But take this with a pinch of salt as this is only mu guess based on the fact that they have put my own application on hold.
yes. hence they might just wait for that date to give you a decision.
No. Clock starts when you first were issued a RC, not when you got married, so May 2014.
Yes, you can apply for permanent residence when you are eligible. The two routes are not mutually exclusive.
This does complicate things a bit. If it looks like you are not having a decision soon, then escalate to the HO (there is a convenient online form you can use to communicate with your case worker) your case and explain you really need your decision by May 2nd. They might be able to accommodate that.
Thanks Kamoe for your swift response. Really appreciate that !! I will update as soon I hear anything which I doubt will be anytime soon by knowing it's home office.

Bit shocked, that they are taking so much time to decide anything and not communication what is happening behind the scene regarding your application. I know you are not in rush for now as you got plenty of time on your current RC.

Have you heard anything about how we will change from pre settled to settled status, as I cannot find any guidance around that. It only says on gov.uk that you can change from pre settled to settled status when you complete five years, but no guidance or information around how it will done by an individual.For an e.g. apply online and select option as changing from pre settled to settled status or send them something in post. I guess home office is more concerned about EU nationals at the moment hence why plenty of guidance available for them but less concerned about non eea national (third country). Its like shooting in the dark, and if you lucky, you might hit the target (settled status).

Thanks anyway. I think if they do decide to give me pre settled, I would apply for PR then because in that case atleast I will not be in limo and will apply for citizenship year after. I doubt UK is ever going to leave EU so they can't void EEA PR ROUTE !!

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:30 pm

skasyap wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:08 am
Have you heard anything about how we will change from pre settled to settled status
I'm assuming we need to apply again, when we are eligible. I am also assuming this should be free, straightforward, and really quick.
I cannot find any guidance around that. It only says on gov.uk that you can change from pre settled to settled status when you complete five years, but no guidance or information around how it will done by an individual.
As virtually no one is in that case yet (you might be probably the first person!) it's natural they have not published any information. But if it corresponds to my assumptions above, then it is not different than an ordinary application for Settled status, no need for making a special provision.
For an e.g. apply online and select option as changing from pre settled to settled status
This would be wonderful, and will probably be the case when fresh applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status close in June 2021, and only conversion cases from Pre-Settled to Settled remain.
I guess home office is more concerned about EU nationals at the moment hence why plenty of guidance available for them but less concerned about non eea national (third country). Its like shooting in the dark, and if you lucky, you might hit the target (settled status).
Yes. They are concerned by numbers they can show. Absolutely no clarity on what policies are applied for non-EU family members.
Thanks anyway. I think if they do decide to give me pre settled, I would apply for PR then because in that case atleast I will not be in limo and will apply for citizenship year after. I doubt UK is ever going to leave EU so they can't void EEA PR ROUTE !!
Yes, no harm in applying for PR, and it might as well be the only remaining option. Pfff.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:10 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:30 pm
skasyap wrote:
Have you heard anything about how we will change from pre settled to settled status
I'm assuming we need to apply again, when we are eligible. I am also assuming this should be free, straightforward, and really quick.
I cannot find any guidance around that. It only says on gov.uk that you can change from pre settled to settled status when you complete five years, but no guidance or information around how it will done by an individual.
As virtually no one is in that case yet (you might be probably the first person!) it's natural they have not published any information. But if it corresponds to my assumptions above, then it is not different than an ordinary application for Settled status, no need for making a special provision.
For an e.g. apply online and select option as changing from pre settled to settled status
This would be wonderful, and will probably be the case when fresh applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status close in June 2021, and only conversion cases from Pre-Settled to Settled remain.
I guess home office is more concerned about EU nationals at the moment hence why plenty of guidance available for them but less concerned about non eea national (third country). Its like shooting in the dark, and if you lucky, you might hit the target (settled status).
Yes. They are concerned by numbers they can show. Absolutely no clarity on what policies are applied for non-EU family members.
Yes, no harm in applying for PR, and it might as well be the only remaining option. Pfff.
Further update on my application:
My wife EU national - sent her id in a post on 8th of April.
Received by HO - On 9th of April
Me as a Non EU- only uploaded marriage certificate and residence card sticker on my passport on 4th of April when submitted application.
Biometric requirement - appointment booked for 12 th of April due to no other free services before.
Biometric completed - on 12 th of April.

My wife EU national: still waiting for status confirmation and not yet received her id back.
Me as a Non EU : God knows what will happen next :)

PLUZZ

Post by PLUZZ » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:31 am

For non-eu applicants who have completed the biometrics process under the eu settlement scheme, were you required to bring your passport to the biometrics appointment at all?

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:07 pm

PLUZZ wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:31 am
For non-eu applicants who have completed the biometrics process under the eu settlement scheme, were you required to bring your passport to the biometrics appointment at all?
200% take your passport!!

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:44 am

kamoe wrote:
skasyap wrote:

Kamoe Have you still not heard anything regarding your application ?

I am still waiting for COA and status confirmation.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:20 am

skasyap wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:44 am
kamoe wrote:
skasyap wrote:

If and when I hear anything regarding my application, obviously the very thing I'll do next is post it here.

Amirkhan042
Mood:
Australia

Post by Amirkhan042 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:38 am

kamoe wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:20 am
skasyap wrote:
kamoe wrote:
skasyap wrote:

If and when I hear anything regarding my application, obviously the very thing I'll do next is post it here.

Hi Kamoe!
I have just received a call from home office saying that I am not eligible for settled status so we are offering you a pre settle status and I told them yeah I am okay with it... and after few hour I have received pre settled email confirmation... I think they will do the same with you as we were or are in the same boat!!! Please let me know if you guys need more details...

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:49 am

Amirkhan042 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:38 am
I have just received a call from home office saying that I am not eligible for settled status so we are offering you a pre settle status and I told them yeah I am okay with it... and after few hour I have received pre settled email confirmation... I think they will do the same with you as we were or are in the same boat!!! Please let me know if you guys need more details...
Yes, this seems to be the procedure, someone else in this thread also said they got this exact same phone interaction.

I wonder why they do this. Why waste caseworker's time calling people, asking if they are OK with Pre-Settled status when, clearly, we have no choice? What happens if one says: "No, actually, I'm not OK with Pre-Settled Status". Are they going to give you Settled status instead? Pfffff.

The procedure is free, so no argument for asking people in case they prefer to cancel the application. If one is not eligible for Settled status they should just give you Pre-Settled status, no call, just email. Period. Such a waste of everyone's time.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:49 pm

Amirkhan042 wrote:
kamoe wrote:
skasyap wrote:
kamoe wrote:

Hi Kamoe!
@Amirkhan - congrats fist of all !!

1)when did you make your application and completed your biometric ?

2) How long you have had Residence Card for ?

3) Did you get COA after doing bio metrics or they provided status confirmation directly ?

Amirkhan042
Mood:
Australia

Post by Amirkhan042 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:53 pm

skasyap wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:49 pm
Amirkhan042 wrote:
kamoe wrote:
skasyap wrote:

Hi Kamoe!
@Amirkhan - congrats fist of all !!

1)when did you make your application and completed your biometric ?

2) How long you have had Residence Card for ?

3) Did you get COA after doing bio metrics or they provided status confirmation directly ?
Hi! Thank you!
I already had RC from December 2015. So I don’t have to give my bio matrix’s and Coa was received next as usual. I am in uk for 8.3 years but on RC 3.4 years.. I have Applied on 19feb 2019 in pilot scheme for settled status as miss guided by UKba with 5 years continuous residency that’s why it took so long!!

hardeepsingh09

Post by hardeepsingh09 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:55 am

SETTLED STATUS TIMELINE VIA EU CHECK ID APP
Non-EEA National with ROR (Retain Rights of Residence)

Application sent via APP/ONLINE using BRP CARD from ROR:17-04-2019
Payment taken: No Fee
Confirmation email: Immediately 17-04-2019
Certificate of application Received:17-04-2019 (pdf attached with email)
Passport received: not been asked to sent any yet
Supporting Documents: uploaded marriage cert + Divorce cert + 5year Tax returns (self empl) + Approval
letter from home office when I received BRP for my ROR.
PR received:

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:27 am

hardeepsingh09 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:55 am

Supporting Documents: uploaded marriage cert + Divorce cert + 5year Tax returns (self empl) + Approval
PR received:

Hey when did you divorce your wife . is it more than 5 years ? If not then it's very interesting HOME OFFICE didn't ask for EEA national documents ( residency proof )

hardeepsingh09

Post by hardeepsingh09 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:36 am

askmeplz82 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:27 am
hardeepsingh09 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:55 am

PR received:

Hey when did you divorce your wife . is it more than 5 years? If not then it's very interesting HOME OFFICE didn't ask for EEA national documents ( residency proof )
Hi, I divorced my wife and retained my rights last year. I was married in 2014 and yes its been total of 5years. During application they only asked for proof of relationship with the sponsor, hence uploaded my marriage and divorce certificate with 5year tax returns and approval letter from retained rights application. there is no update yet from home office I believe its due to Easter weekend.