ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent! ILR appeal Allowed - HO asking for immigration IHS top-up

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ug157
Newly Registered

Urgent! ILR appeal Allowed - HO asking for immigration IHS top-up

Post by ug157 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:36 pm

Hi All,
I applied for ILR (Long residence) in Sep 2016, this was refused in Feb 2018, 322(5) applied. My appeal @FTT was allowed in Sep 2018, HO than applied to appeal, in Dec 2018 UT refused HO application to appeal and maintained the original decision.

I have now rec'd an email asking me to pay IHS of £500 by 1st April or my visa may be refused. i called UKVI and they have informed me that the caseworker may not offer me an ILR but an FLR instead hence they asked for the surcharge.

I have so far not rec'd any correspondence from the caseworker.

Please advise what are my options.

Should i pay the IHS? if so am I compromising on ILR for FLR.
Should i contest it at this stage or is it better to take FLR and contest it later.

masterpeas
Vietnam

Re: Urgent! ILR appeal Allowed - HO asking for immigration IHS top-up

Post by masterpeas » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:06 pm

is HO trying to squeeze some money when they can even though UT has rejected their decision?! really no thoughts on applicants at all considering how much damage they have caused to us with their refusals, no right to work = no life continued...

does FLR mean you will be on different type of visa like dependants and will wait for another few years before qualifying for ILR??

docmom20
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent! ILR appeal Allowed - HO asking for immigration IHS top-up

Post by docmom20 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:34 pm

ug157 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:36 pm
Hi All,
I applied for ILR (Long residence) in Sep 2016, this was refused in Feb 2018, 322(5) applied. My appeal @FTT was allowed in Sep 2018, HO than applied to appeal, in Dec 2018 UT refused HO application to appeal and maintained the original decision.

I have now rec'd an email asking me to pay IHS of £500 by 1st April or my visa may be refused. i called UKVI and they have informed me that the caseworker may not offer me an ILR but an FLR instead hence they asked for the surcharge.

I have so far not rec'd any correspondence from the caseworker.

Please advise what are my options.

Should i pay the IHS? if so am I compromising on ILR for FLR.
Should i contest it at this stage or is it better to take FLR and contest it later.

Hi there, could you tell me what happened with your case after your post?
Did you end up paying the IHS and did you get the ILR visa or an FLR?