ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hakeem
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by hakeem » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:22 am

Seems there is no more apprivals and another wait of 6months.

markem
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by markem » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:44 am

hakeem wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:22 am
For the most recent ceremony (26/11/2018) the final approval I know of was received on 2/11/2018... so just 24 days before the ceremony. That is unusual compared to earlier ceremonies, but who knows for this time.

@hakeem, would you mind sharing your full timeline, as I don't think you have already (Application date, acknowledgement, second stage letter, etc).

hakeem
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by hakeem » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:34 pm

markem wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:44 am
hakeem wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:22 am
For the most recent ceremony (26/11/2018) the final approval I know of was received on 2/11/2018... so just 24 days before the ceremony. That is unusual compared to earlier ceremonies, but who knows for this time.

@hakeem, would you mind sharing your full timeline, as I don't think you have already (Application date, acknowledgement, second stage letter, etc).
I applied 14th of Feb got 2nd stage letter on 7th Nov 2018

kseni
Russia

Post by kseni » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:47 am

guys, I'm a bit confused.
Just called them and the lady told me I will probably be included in the next ceremony later this year. I was like - is it approved? - she said - no, the first stage is finished, and once the 2nd stage is finished it will be submitted to the minister. I've asked what makes her think that I'll be in the next ceremony as I'm in the 2nd stage now for 2 years and my vetting expired and been requested again and all that, she said she works with what's on the screen (they usually check extra on my case from the start) and I need to poke them end of april to see the development on my case.
I really don't know what to think about all that and their practices.

applicant8
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by applicant8 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:37 am

kseni wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:47 am
guys, I'm a bit confused.
Just called them and the lady told me I will probably be included in the next ceremony later this year. I was like - is it approved? - she said - no, the first stage is finished, and once the 2nd stage is finished it will be submitted to the minister. I've asked what makes her think that I'll be in the next ceremony as I'm in the 2nd stage now for 2 years and my vetting expired and been requested again and all that, she said she works with what's on the screen (they usually check extra on my case from the start) and I need to poke them end of april to see the development on my case.
I really don't know what to think about all that and their practices.
Hi kseni,
which phone number did you call.
inis website says the lines are closed till the 30th?

kseni
Russia

Post by kseni » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:56 am

[/quote]

Hi kseni,
which phone number did you call.
inis website says the lines are closed till the 30th?
[/quote]

I wasn’t aware of that, I gave their number saved and just used it +353 (62) 32 500

Anything in my message though?

menolly
Newly Registered

Post by menolly » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:10 pm

Hi all,

My wife applied for citizenship through naturalisation (living in N.Ireland) in 2017. In November 2018 we booked a holiday to visit her family in Asia for April 2019. Just a week ago we got an invitation to the ceremony in April 2019 which we cannot attend. We emailed the citizeship division and they asked us to send the itinerary and explanation in writing to them and they said....

In exceptional cases you may be
facilitated at a future ceremony but only at the discretion of the
Minister. Please be advised that you also risk the loss of the fee if you
do not attend on the date specified.

Are they serious in that we would have to pay the entire fee again just because they can only provide a few weeks notice of the ceremony? Her uncle is in intensive care at this point and it is a holiday at great expense, so we simply cannot attend the ceremony. Is it common to have to repay the fee in these cases?!?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:09 pm

menolly wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:10 pm
Hi all,

My wife applied for citizenship through naturalisation (living in N.Ireland) in 2017. In November 2018 we booked a holiday to visit her family in Asia for April 2019. Just a week ago we got an invitation to the ceremony in April 2019 which we cannot attend. We emailed the citizeship division and they asked us to send the itinerary and explanation in writing to them and they said....

In exceptional cases you may be
facilitated at a future ceremony but only at the discretion of the
Minister. Please be advised that you also risk the loss of the fee if you
do not attend on the date specified.

Are they serious in that we would have to pay the entire fee again just because they can only provide a few weeks notice of the ceremony? Her uncle is in intensive care at this point and it is a holiday at great expense, so we simply cannot attend the ceremony. Is it common to have to repay the fee in these cases?!?
I'm sorry to hear that. You will need to write a letter to them explaining the situation, stressing that her uncle is in intensive care (if there's a medical report that would be better) and she has to visit him.

Is there any chance that she could just fly back for just 29 April? Flying to Kerry Airport or Cork Airport if possible. I know it would cost a fortune on the flight ticket, but paying another 950 euro and waiting for another 5 months (and "at the discretion of the Minister") might be worse.

menolly
Newly Registered

Post by menolly » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:49 pm

littlerr wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:09 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. You will need to write a letter to them explaining the situation, stressing that her uncle is in intensive care (if there's a medical report that would be better) and she has to visit him.

Is there any chance that she could just fly back for just 29 April? Flying to Kerry Airport or Cork Airport if possible. I know it would cost a fortune on the flight ticket, but paying another 950 euro and waiting for another 5 months (and "at the discretion of the Minister") might be worse.
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it's not practical to come back for 29th April but I appreciate it is the 'easiest' option. We have written our letter and are posting our proof of flight purchase and flight itinerary to them tomorrow just before we leave for Asia on Saturday. I find it quite absurd that they would make you repay the entire fee all because we can't make the ceremony for legitimate reasons. I was wondering if this is common? I read a few weeks ago that people were just 'transferred' to a different date but the email we received sounds alot more threatening. Maybe they word it in such a way to prevent people moving dates all the time for silly reasons? or maybe they are just this harsh?

I don't mind waiting for another ceremony but repaying the fee (which is to process the visa paperwork i presume rather than book our place at the ceremony!!) is a bit extreme! We live in Northern Ireland so my wife is also under UK visa routes - if we are forced to pay again for the Irish citizenship just because we can't make the date I fear it may be easier just to go the route of UK citizenship and abandon this entire 2 year mess.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:10 pm

menolly wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:49 pm
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it's not practical to come back for 29th April but I appreciate it is the 'easiest' option. We have written our letter and are posting our proof of flight purchase and flight itinerary to them tomorrow just before we leave for Asia on Saturday. I find it quite absurd that they would make you repay the entire fee all because we can't make the ceremony for legitimate reasons. I was wondering if this is common? I read a few weeks ago that people were just 'transferred' to a different date but the email we received sounds alot more threatening. Maybe they word it in such a way to prevent people moving dates all the time for silly reasons? or maybe they are just this harsh?

I don't mind waiting for another ceremony but repaying the fee (which is to process the visa paperwork i presume rather than book our place at the ceremony!!) is a bit extreme! We live in Northern Ireland so my wife is also under UK visa routes - if we are forced to pay again for the Irish citizenship just because we can't make the date I fear it may be easier just to go the route of UK citizenship and abandon this entire 2 year mess.
I have not heard of any story that someone would have to pay the whole 950 euro just for a re-schedule of the ceremony, but this is not something that normally happens so I can't guarantee that it never happened before. A small fee would be reasonable as they would need to cover the admin cost for requesting for new photos, printing new certs, sending new invitations etc.

But yes they always try to use the harshest words possible so as to dissuade anyone who doesn't have a legitimate reason of doing so. They specified on the application form that any form that doesn't contain all mandatory documents will be returned, but in reality they very seldom do that - they just request for further documents to be sent within a month.

menolly
Newly Registered

Post by menolly » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:27 pm

Thanks for your reply...fingers crossed

eraylankester

Post by eraylankester » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:25 am

menolly wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:49 pm
littlerr wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:09 pm

This is quite ridiculous on INIS’s part and they would be on very shakey ground trying to justify either a denial of citizenship or request for further payment.

We too live in NI and are somewhat in the same boat - my wife received approval on Thurs 28th requesting payment within 10 days. Due to difficulties arranging a draft INIS only received our payment on Tuesday 9th, so it may be that we missed the cut off for this year’s ceremony. In any case, we too booked to visit friends in family in Asia from 24th April - beginning of May, so would be unable to attend. It is not possible to fly home for the ceremony and we have missed the cancellation deadlines.

We booked our trip in December, at which time we had not received an approval (or any indication of one), nor had INIS published their ceremony dates (which were only uploaded at the end of February). Going by your reply, according to INIS logic applicants should make no plans whatsoever for the duration of the application process, in case INIS decide to a) approve b) invite them to a ceremony on an unspecified date which may or may not be in the coming year.

Note that the approval later does not refer applicants to the timetable of dates on their website, state that payment will secure an invite for the next ceremony (only that you will receive an invite to a ceremony), nor that ceremony invites cannot be rescheduled or that resubmission of payment may be required. Would INIS, for example, expect an applicant to cancel their wedding to attend? By this logic, applicants mustv suspend their lives for up to 3 or more years from date of application.

Their reply is another typical example of their high handed and dismissive attitude to applicants, who are expected to shoulder the consequences of their failure to communicate and arrange a regular ceremony schedule.

Should we receive an invite to April 29, I too will submit our schedule, but will request that we are invited to the September 30th ceremony, which has already been confirmed and that for which we have sufficient notice to attend. If they refuse, w will ask them to return our fee.

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Post by M7edShin » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:02 am

Hello Folks,

Is there anyone who still waiting from applications on 2017?

I have seen 2018 applications which are already done and they got invitation to the ceremoney!!!

I have my application since Nov 2017 and got nothing so far :(

Thanks

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:27 am

M7edShin wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:02 am
Hello Folks,

I have seen 2018 applications which are already done and they got invitation to the ceremoney!!!

Thanks
I have applied in April 2017 and still waiting...

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:01 am

I am also in the same boat. I applied on Dec 2017 and waiting waiting and still waiting....
M7edShin wrote:
Hello Folks,

Thanks

kseni
Russia

Post by kseni » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:30 am

i've applied jan 2017, still stuck in the 2nd stage :(

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by thegoodaulleo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:48 pm

M7edShin wrote:
Hello Folks,

Thanks
Correct! I applied in 03/2018 and got approval and invitation. Hopefully you'll get yours soon too.

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:55 pm

Hi everyone,, I applied in feb 2017 I didn’t get anything yet but after i rang today a lady over the phone told me my application was submitted to the minister while ago and i might get post today or tomorrow.. it was a bit shock for me because i rang them just to try my luck because I knew they told me in march my application was not submitted to the minister and they has stopped to send more applications to the minister now and my turn will come in September.. but today :o i am really shocked.. just 🤞🏻For approval now.. she didn’t said what is the letter for.. i asked is it with the minister or no she said system saying it had been submitted to minister before and a corespondent has been issued.. i hope it is approval..and she clearly said no documents they need as they did quite alot work already on my application.. has anyone got approval recently..?? Appreciate for your comments :D

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:56 pm

thegoodaulleo wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:48 pm
M7edShin wrote:
Hello Folks,

Thanks
Correct! I applied in 03/2018 and got approval and invitation. Hopefully you'll get yours soon too.

If you don’t mind can you share when did you get your approval. Thanks

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by thegoodaulleo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:58 pm

Mrs P wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:56 pm
thegoodaulleo wrote:
M7edShin wrote:
Hello Folks,

Thanks

Approval Letter: 19/03/2019
Invitation to Ceremony: 03/04/2019

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:58 pm

Mrs P wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:56 pm
thegoodaulleo wrote:
M7edShin wrote:
Hello Folks,

Thanks

Why not search and read the users posts instead of taking this 2017 Application thread off topic with 2018 application posts!!!

ireland/2018-citizenship-application-ti ... l#p1766786
thegoodaulleo wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:46 am
Finally received my invitation today :D

Application Based On: 7 yrs residence (EU National) + Irish Associations
Application Sent (via Solicitor): 30/03/2018
Acknowledgement of Application & returning passport: 11/04/2018
Acknowledgement of Application, supporting docs & fee: 11/06/2018
Letter from the DOJ requiring additional docs: 26/10/2018
Second Stage Letter: 23/11/2018
Approval Letter: 19/03/2019
Invitation to Ceremony: 10/04/2019 (dated: 03/04/2019)
Date of Ceremony: 29/04/2019 @ 13:05
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:17 pm

Hi P
Its happens with me. Last month I call on Tuesday they told me my application is already submitted and I will get approval soon and on Thursday same week they told me your application is not submitted yet.So don't trust until you get the written proof.
Mrs P wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:55 pm
Hi everyone,, I applied in feb 2017 I didn’t get anything yet but after i rang today a lady over the phone told me my application was submitted to the minister while ago and i might get post today or tomorrow.. it was a bit shock for me because i rang them just to try my luck because I knew they told me in march my application was not submitted to the minister and they has stopped to send more applications to the minister now and my turn will come in September.. but today :o i am really shocked.. just 🤞🏻For approval now.. she didn’t said what is the letter for.. i asked is it with the minister or no she said system saying it had been submitted to minister before and a corespondent has been issued.. i hope it is approval..and she clearly said no documents they need as they did quite alot work already on my application.. has anyone got approval recently..?? Appreciate for your comments :D

malik786786
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by malik786786 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:11 am

I applied in October 2017 still waiting and waiting
Anyone got from 2017 ???

Asong
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by Asong » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:15 pm

I applied in May 2017 and till date am still waiting, got my second letter a month after my application stating my application is in second stage of processing and I will hear from them soonest but unfortunately till date no word from them yet!
I wonder what’s going on in that office 🤦‍♂️🤔!

Am so depressed!

Asong
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by Asong » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:40 pm

Lily3 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:22 pm
M7edShin wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:15 pm
Hello Guys,

How do we contact TD to help us with our applications for update via Email, Phone or Office appointment? "Please advise from whoever had done it"

I have applied for the citizenship on November 2017, got my reference number and paid the fee and all and since then on 10th March 2019 after those long waiting months, they asked me to submit only a copy of my passport signature page (Which they had in the first time not sure why they asked me to send it again :( ).

So far, I have heard nothing from them after I provided them the copy.

My application based on 5 years residence and EUFAM

I probably contact TD to get a proper update because could not reach them via email or phone :(

Thanks
You can contact TD through email as well.
I applied in May 2017 got my passport and receipt sent back 4days after my application and second stage letter in July 2017 and till date am still waiting!

The last time I contacted them was in November 2018 and they said I will hear from them early 2019 but have received any letter from them!

This is so pathetic and annoying!

I am presently suffering from depression because of this! Almost 2yrs and nothing to show for it not even an approval letter pending invitation!

Ridiculous!