ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinate Leave to Remain or work Permit?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

evku1973
Newly Registered

Indefinate Leave to Remain or work Permit?

Post by evku1973 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:50 pm

Hello All,

I came to the UK over 11 years ago as an asylum seeker. Four years after my asylum application it was rejected on the grounds that they did not believe that I was in danger if I went back to my country. I appealed against there decission but they refused again so I appealed again. Because I was afraid that they were not going to grant me refugee status I decided to get married to my long time girlfried who was a french national. After my marriage, a refusal letter and a deportation letter were sent to me so I decided to apply for leave to remain on the grounds that my wife was a French National, this application took 8 months to get processed. I was granted a LTR for 5 years on the grounds that I would stay with my wife but unfortunately I separated with my wife last year in Feb so I decided to apply for the 10 year long residency but they have rejected it last week because they said that I was illegally here for a period of 8 months while my marriage LTR was being processed.

I am currently working and earning a good wage. The question is shall I appeal against there decission or shall ask the company I work for to apply for work permit on my behave? If you think I should apply for a work permit, how does someone go about it? Will I need legal reprensation for it?

Your comments will be much appriciated.

Thanks a bunch

Ev

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:40 am

The WP is applied for by the company. If the company has good immigration lawyers and is well regarded by Work Permits UK, you may have a chance at getting a WP. But even if the WP is granted, they may not give you LTR because of your past immigration history. You may be better off waiting for the 14-year rule.
Joseph

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:31 am

Joseph wrote:The WP is applied for by the company. If the company has good immigration lawyers and is well regarded by Work Permits UK, you may have a chance at getting a WP. But even if the WP is granted, they may not give you LTR because of your past immigration history. You may be better off waiting for the 14-year rule.
Joseph
Careful how you interpret the 14 year rule, as the clock could have been stopped by the 'apparently' premature application
Where there is a will there is a way.

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:39 am

Chess,
Agreed, I think a skilled immigration lawyer is needed in this case.
Joseph

evku1973
Newly Registered

Post by evku1973 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:54 am

[quote="Joseph"]Chess,
Agreed, I think a skilled immigration lawyer is needed in this case.
Joseph[/quote]

Thanks for the advice; I have to say that my current lawyer doesn't give the confidence that he will win this case.

Do you guys know any competent and skill immigration lawyers in the West London area??
:?: