ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa status. Is there a need to tell prospective employers?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pyke

Visa status. Is there a need to tell prospective employers?

Post by pyke » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:56 pm

When applying for jobs, is it advisable to tell prospective employers of my visa status? For example, tier 1 or hsmp visa and the duration it's valid for? Is it even necessary? It is worth mentioning that the valid visa to work has been obtained, but how much detail is required and at which stage of the job application process?

Thanks! Job search can be tricky with a time limit on your visa...

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:59 pm

Usually when the recruitment agencies forward your resume to the company, they first ask you to confirm your visa type and validity... they mostly do this via emails... you may not mention it in your CV but you will be asked for it anyway while applying for any IT job... part of the initial screening process is based on this factor as well.

pyke

Post by pyke » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:00 pm

Thanks.

Is it advisable then, to mention it outright when applying directly to companies for jobs and when making initial contact with recruitment agents? I'm not sure if that will make them view my application differently?

jagacharaja

Post by jagacharaja » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:20 pm

pyke wrote:Thanks.

Is it advisable then, to mention it outright when applying directly to companies for jobs and when making initial contact with recruitment agents? I'm not sure if that will make them view my application differently?
Absolutely. In fact in my view it's the biggest selling point of HSMP/Tier 1 (General), that the employer doesn't have to sweat on any paperwork for you and that you can start working from day 1. I just added a small table below my name on the CV listing my mobile number, DOB, nationality and work status. In my experience the scope increased a lot by mentioning this fact.