ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Documents for naturalisation as EU citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Joliealias
Newly Registered

Residence Documents for naturalisation as EU citizen

Post by Joliealias » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:54 am

Hi,
I am wondering if someone could help.
I am looking to apply for British Citizenship as EEA national using the permanent residency obtained March 2018.
Regarding the evidence of lawful residence during the 5 years from 2014 to 2019 I have had 2 employment gaps in 2018 from May to June and August to November when I was seeking employment (except for 5 weeks during the second gap when I was abroad to get married).
What other government departments indicating my presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period can I submit? I was not studying and I can only provide bank statements, oyster travel history, two GP appointments.
Can periods of employment gaps be counted as absence and use the absence allowance?
Thanks

Alien2017

Re: Residence Documents for naturalisation as EU citizen

Post by Alien2017 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:21 am

You don't gave to account for every month of the 5 years, just cover 4 of them with what you had used for permanent residence and last year with some payslips, bills, 2 proofs per year should be enough. If they really need more will ask for it, but this is how we have proved as I didn't have a P60 for one of the years and I have provided a P45 dated June, a council tax bill for the year and a payslip dated December and they haven't asked for more evidence. Good luck!

Joliealias
Newly Registered

Re: Residence Documents for naturalisation as EU citizen

Post by Joliealias » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:04 pm

Thank you very much for your advice.