ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Attending Ceremony on April 29th, How can we give feedback to the department?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Attending Ceremony on April 29th, How can we give feedback to the department?

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi all,

I am just wondering, for all those who are attending the next ceremony and believe that the system and processes they have to follow to get a decision on their application should be improved, how can we provide the department collective feedback to make sure that they take it seriously and improve their system? The problem with the citizenship process and human nature is that once we get over the line to get something, we very often forget the pain we have to suffer to reach there. I am thinking of many of our fellow immigrants who are still waiting to hear back from the department and will continue to struggle like us unless the system is further improved.

I believe there should be an online survey, or perhaps department should be distributing feedback forms to attendees, wearing a T-shirt with slogans, or at least say it loudly after the oath "please improve the system" ;) It might sound childish but might work for a collective good cause. As it worked for reentry visas, the issue was big in news and now the department is abolishing the requirement to have a re-entry visa. Perhaps, they can also improve the citizenship process with things like online form and application submission, an online detailed status update on each stage of processing etc. Any ideas are welcome...

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Attending Ceremony on April 29th, How can we give feedback to the department?

Post by littlerr » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:09 pm

I wrote a letter 2 weeks ago to my local TD asking to raise a Parliamentary Question about a transparent process for naturalisation application. Unfortunately this specific TD doesn't seem to care that much. I'm going to wait for a while more before sending the question to a different TD.

usmanch313

Re: Attending Ceremony on April 29th, How can we give feedback to the department?

Post by usmanch313 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:20 pm

We can create online petition .just simply request to Minister to improve services and make process quicker ..

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:31 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:30 pm
Hi all,

I am just wondering, for all those who are attending the next ceremony and believe that the system and processes they have to follow to get a decision on their application should be improved, how can we provide the department collective feedback to make sure that they take it seriously and improve their system? The problem with the citizenship process and human nature is that once we get over the line to get something, we very often forget the pain we have to suffer to reach there. I am thinking of many of our fellow immigrants who are still waiting to hear back from the department and will continue to struggle like us unless the system is further improved.

I believe there should be an online survey, or perhaps department should be distributing feedback forms to attendees, wearing a T-shirt with slogans, or at least say it loudly after the oath "please improve the system" ;) It might sound childish but might work for a collective good cause. As it worked for reentry visas, the issue was big in news and now the department is abolishing the requirement to have a re-entry visa. Perhaps, they can also improve the citizenship process with things like online form and application submission, an online detailed status update on each stage of processing etc. Any ideas are welcome...
Very good idea!! I'm glad that someone has said this. If you don't ask, you don't get.
Something must be done in order to put an end to this unfair process. I am with you.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:43 pm

I asked a local TD about raising the awareness and she said we are in a country where people are dying on the trollies in the hospital and reaching to the terminal stage of cancer before they are seen by the consultant. Immigration or citizenship queue is less of the priority.
I can create an online survey and share with everyone but issues will be were the actual people who participated were the right people to fill the survey. At least during the ceremony, we could be sure, everyone attending has the first-hand experience of this process. Perhaps writing to the department and asking is there a way to give you feedback in a transparent way would be a good start

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:01 pm

Hi,
U can find Minster of justice and Minster of immigration and Integration email address and write them, in summer I heard they will have cabinet reshuffle so it's good idea if u wrote them, I did same couple of years back.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:48 pm

Did that many times, when I was not getting my approval, even sent reminders to both ministers. Did not get more than a template response from their private secretary "I wish to acknowledge receipt of your email dated ..... " I don't think our dear minister for justice is familiar with new technologies and I am certain his emails, tweets etc are managed by his team.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:13 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:48 pm
Did that many times, when I was not getting my approval, even sent reminders to both ministers. Did not get more than a template response from their private secretary "I wish to acknowledge receipt of your email dated ..... " I don't think our dear minister for justice is familiar with new technologies and I am certain his emails, tweets etc are managed by his team.
If u r expecting some kind of special reply then it wont happen, its ur feedback so it's up to them if they want to act on it or not.
When they will get enough feedbacks then yes we can expect something.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen: