ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa about to expire and no news from INIS

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

danielvm
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Visa about to expire and no news from INIS

Post by danielvm » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have a question that hopefully someone here would be able to answer. I have applied for the citizenship back in October 4th 2018 and I got a confirmation letter on Monday October the 8th asking for additional documents and the passport which I sent on October 14th as I needed it to travel the weekend before, I got my passport back in late October or beginning for November 2018 ( I do not remember well), since then I have not received any other communications from them.

I have called them couple of times, (last time about three weeks ago) and all they say is that my application is being processed and I need to wait, which is fine, however my visa and re-entry visa are due to expire next June 11th and I have my holidays planned for end of July 2019 so my question is what should I do if I finally do not get an invite for the next ceremony on April 29th?:

- Should I just apply for a renewal of my visa and re-entry visa or is there any other option I can avail?.

Thanks in advance

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Visa about to expire and no news from INIS

Post by littlerr » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:57 pm

Unfortunately as your application is "in progress", you won't be included in the April ceremony.

Book an appointment for GNIB now. You should aim to choose an appointment date as close to your expiry date as possible.

If you get an approval letter from INIS saying your application is completed before your GNIB expires, you can attend GNIB to get a temporary registration that's valid for a few months. This is usually free of charge.
If you don't get the approval letter before your GNIB expires, you will need to renew it as normal and pay the 300 euro registration fee.