ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from citizenship department

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Letter from citizenship department

Post by zaza7625 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:36 pm

Hi all.
I posted citizenship application form with sufficient docs month ago and today i got my passports back along with a letter which says the following:
1. They found that the signature in my passport and signature in statutory declaration which i have done in front of commissioner for oath, are not the same and they need an explanation why they are not the same.
2. They found that i previously was in ireland and they need proof of that. I was just one day as an asylum seeker and just one day i lived in hostel. I do not have any proof of that. How can i and from where can i get previous living proofs. ( can solicitor deal with that?)
Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Letter from citizenship department

Post by littlerr » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:01 pm

Signature - many people have had this before. It's normal. Just write an explanation letter that your signature has evolved throughout the years, or that your older passport requires a signature in a specific format (e.g. new Chinese passports require everyone to sign in Chinese and in regular script).

If you don't have the proof, you don't have it. Just explain that in your letter as well. Did you come to Ireland legally or illegally on that occasion? You may want to mention that either way.