ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Volunteer while waiting for Stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Myself_andI
Greece

Volunteer while waiting for Stamp 4

Post by Myself_andI » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:24 pm

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if volunteer work is allowed while waiting for the stamp 4 approval?The person is under Visa C status.

Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Volunteer while waiting for Stamp 4

Post by littlerr » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:13 pm

Volunteer work needs a special type of Stamp 3. Any non-EU person will need to be pre-cleared before they can take up unpaid volunteer work.
Of course if you have a temporary stamp 4, you can do whatever work you want to do. If you only have a Type C visit visa without any stamp in your passport, you cannot take volunteer work without preclearance.

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:30 pm

littlerr wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:13 pm
Volunteer work needs a special type of Stamp 3. Any non-EU person will need to be pre-cleared before they can take up unpaid volunteer work.
Of course if you have a temporary stamp 4, you can do whatever work you want to do. If you only have a Type C visit visa without any stamp in your passport, you cannot take volunteer work without preclearance.
Thanks man.much appreciate youranswer.

Do you know where you can get a preclearance from?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:49 pm

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/vo ... in-ireland

There’s an address on that website. You can write them a letter to request for more information.