ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK spouse settlement supporting

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rsoni21
Newly Registered
India

Re: UK spouse settlement supporting

Post by Rsoni21 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:12 pm

Did u carry originals or they can accept photo copies during scanning and uploading the documents.

uaana
Newly Registered
India

Post by uaana » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:08 am

haryharsan wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:06 pm
uaana wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:21 am
haryharsan wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:04 pm
Today i have been to VFS London and done Support Documents scanning process.
entire process took 2hrs to complete.
for the cost £75
Hi Haryharsan,

Thank you for sharing your update, it has indeed been very helpful. My husband who is sponsoring my settlement visa is a British citizen living in Sheffield and it appears as though the nearest VFS centre for him is in Manchester. I have my bio metrics appointment in India on the 20th of this month. Do I have to inform VFS /VAC that my husband will be submitting the supporting document in the UK before my appointment date or do I do so on the day of my appointment ? I would be grateful if you kindly let me know if there is a deadline on submitting the supporting documents by the sponsor in the Uk after I the bio metric appointment in India? Also , will my husband have to carry some barcode for the supporting documents when he visit VFS -Manchester ? Sorry , it might seems as though I am asking a lot of questions in one go , I am just trying gain more clarity as it seems impossible to get any guidance from VFS, UKVI and HO.
i am not sure whether you can submit supporting documents before bio-metrics because they have asked me did applicant has given their bio-metrics or not.
my advise best to submit after bio-metric appointment.

document needs to submit within 10 working days (priority service) or 20 days (normal service)

Sponsor should carry first page of online application where bar code exists on that page.

my experience with VFS on document scanning and send to UKVI:

on the day, i walked-in( no need any appointment) to VFS-London along with supporting original documents. sponsor has to carry all documents in order(to save some time) and all documents should be in A4 size. if any documents other that A4 size needs to get printout( ex: marriage certificate, TB certificate, Marriage ceremony photos, degree certificates, etc,. or any documents which are bit ticker than normal).

Document scanning process cost you £75 per application.
print out cost you 50p per page in VFS
so my recommendation, take set of print out of all original documents

entire process approx.. 2hrs

i hope you got all necessary information on new process.

good luck.
Hi Haryharson,

Cheers !!!

This is very helpful indeed. Much more informative as opposed to spending money on ringing up UKVI or emailing them .

haryharsan
Mood:
India

Post by haryharsan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:53 pm

uaana wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:08 am
haryharsan wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:06 pm
uaana wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:21 am
haryharsan wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:04 pm
Today i have been to VFS London and done Support Documents scanning process.
entire process took 2hrs to complete.
for the cost £75
Hi Haryharsan,

Thank you for sharing your update, it has indeed been very helpful. My husband who is sponsoring my settlement visa is a British citizen living in Sheffield and it appears as though the nearest VFS centre for him is in Manchester. I have my bio metrics appointment in India on the 20th of this month. Do I have to inform VFS /VAC that my husband will be submitting the supporting document in the UK before my appointment date or do I do so on the day of my appointment ? I would be grateful if you kindly let me know if there is a deadline on submitting the supporting documents by the sponsor in the Uk after I the bio metric appointment in India? Also , will my husband have to carry some barcode for the supporting documents when he visit VFS -Manchester ? Sorry , it might seems as though I am asking a lot of questions in one go , I am just trying gain more clarity as it seems impossible to get any guidance from VFS, UKVI and HO.
i am not sure whether you can submit supporting documents before bio-metrics because they have asked me did applicant has given their bio-metrics or not.
my advise best to submit after bio-metric appointment.

document needs to submit within 10 working days (priority service) or 20 days (normal service)

Sponsor should carry first page of online application where bar code exists on that page.

my experience with VFS on document scanning and send to UKVI:

on the day, i walked-in( no need any appointment) to VFS-London along with supporting original documents. sponsor has to carry all documents in order(to save some time) and all documents should be in A4 size. if any documents other that A4 size needs to get printout( ex: marriage certificate, TB certificate, Marriage ceremony photos, degree certificates, etc,. or any documents which are bit ticker than normal).

Document scanning process cost you £75 per application.
print out cost you 50p per page in VFS
so my recommendation, take set of print out of all original documents

entire process approx.. 2hrs

i hope you got all necessary information on new process.

good luck.
Hi Haryharson,

Cheers !!!

This is very helpful indeed. Much more informative as opposed to spending money on ringing up UKVI or emailing them .
https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/in/en/vacs/ ... -documents

Please go thru above link

inderjeet101
Mood:
India

Post by inderjeet101 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:01 pm

Hi,

Has anyone received any email by UKVI stating scanned documents received as per the new process.

Do we expect any such email? Any news about further process/updates after scanning the supporting documents at VFS UK locations?

If anyone has any information please do post here.

Thanks

hj24
Newly Registered

Post by hj24 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:57 pm

Hi Inderjeet
I have not received any such documents.
Just a receipt on the day from the VFS scanning.

I hope we hear from the UKVI soon.
Dont understand why cant we track the progress too after paying such high amount.
Regards
HJ

haryharsan
Mood:
India

Post by haryharsan » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:44 pm

any one got decision ?

hj24
Newly Registered

Post by hj24 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:50 pm

Not yet. 🤞🤞

adshahmat

Post by adshahmat » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:28 am

This is interesting!

My wife is attending her biometrics appointment this week - for a Spouse visa.

She's applying in Moscow, Russia, and I assumed that I would then be posting all of our supporting documents to Sheffield.

Do you know if this new process applies ONLY for applicants from India, or is it now a standard process for ALL Spouse visa applications?

BTW, the application centre in Russia is managed by TLS Contact rather than VFS.

Also, another quick question: My wife will take with her to her biometrics appointment a signed print-out of her online application form and her passport. Does she also need a copy of our completed Appendix 2 form... or anything else?

Many thanks for any advice!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:45 am

adshahmat wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:28 am
This is interesting!

My wife is attending her biometrics appointment this week - for a Spouse visa.

She's applying in Moscow, Russia, and I assumed that I would then be posting all of our supporting documents to Sheffield.

Do you know if this new process applies ONLY for applicants from India, or is it now a standard process for ALL Spouse visa applications?

BTW, the application centre in Russia is managed by TLS Contact rather than VFS.

Also, another quick question: My wife will take with her to her biometrics appointment a signed print-out of her online application form and her passport. Does she also need a copy of our completed Appendix 2 form... or anything else?

Many thanks for any advice!
There are differences in how it is done depending on where you apply from.

Please continue in your own topic instead of tagging onto another members thread which is unfair to the original poster and also creates confusion when members respond.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adshahmat

Post by adshahmat » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:36 am

"Do you know if this new process applies ONLY for applicants from India, or is it now a standard process for ALL Spouse visa applications?"

I'm sorry, but this is a valid question for anyone currently applying for a Spouse visa, irrespective of where they are applying from. The OP was clearly caught out by the recent changes in the application process, and might have some valuable advice to pass on to all other applicants.

rajinlondon
Newly Registered

Post by rajinlondon » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:48 pm

According to this site https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/in/en/vacs/ ... -documents
You can self-upload supporting documents without additional charge. If you wish to self-upload your supporting documents, you should refer to the document checklist you have received as part of your online application.
Do any one here know the link that accepts the scan of these documents?
Has anyone done this yet? I think they should also upload/send VAF4A appendix at the same place along with other supporting documents, is that correct?

Thanks
Raj

rajinlondon
Newly Registered

Post by rajinlondon » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:39 am

Hi,
Where should the passport be submitted for Visa stamping? Is it in the VFS where the Biometrics are taken or should we send them to Sheffield from India?

Thanks
Raj

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:46 am

rajinlondon wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:39 am
Hi,
Where should the passport be submitted for Visa stamping? Is it in the VFS where the Biometrics are taken or should we send them to Sheffield from India?

Thanks
Raj
Any particular reason why you cannot continue in your OWN topic you already have, rather than tagging onto another members thread (note, this is NOT a general question/discussion topic)!!! This is not only unfair to the original poster but it also creates confusion when members respond.

immigration-for-family-members/flr-m-so ... l#p1764274

Please see point 12 in the Forum Rules FAQs link below, about tagging onto topics persistently.

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hj24
Newly Registered

Post by hj24 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:41 am

Hey guys
Did anyone hear anything from the home office who applied during April.
kindly update.

HJ

haryharsan
Mood:
India

Post by haryharsan » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:10 pm

hj24 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:41 am
Hey guys
Did anyone hear anything from the home office who applied during April.
kindly update.

HJ
Still haven't mate

haryharsan
Mood:
India

Post by haryharsan » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:38 am

Today received email from vfs

" The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF63636363636 was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 4/10/2019
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email. "

Finger cross :)

hj24
Newly Registered

Post by hj24 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:58 am

This is such a long wait. Not sure why British Citizen"s spouse are treated differently for the Visa when compared to the Other Spouse categories.

inderjeet101
Mood:
India

Post by inderjeet101 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:28 pm

haryharsan wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:38 am
Today received email from vfs

" The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF63636363636 was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 4/10/2019
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email. "

Finger cross :)
Thats amazing. Please do let us know the decision.

haryharsan
Mood:
India

Post by haryharsan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:33 am

hi guys, wants to share good news, got decision in favor of us. Entry clearance approved.

Sumit_sam
BANNED
India

Post by Sumit_sam » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:26 am

Congratulations 🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊👍👍👍

hj24
Newly Registered

Post by hj24 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:07 am

Hey Guys,

Just to let you know that my wife got the entry clearance as well.

Any one travelling soon?
HJ

Sumit_sam
BANNED
India

Post by Sumit_sam » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:41 am

Hi

Congratulations to you as well !!! ✌✌✌...

Since 63 WD gone, my wait seems longer. :(

hj24 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:07 am
Hey Guys,

Just to let you know that my wife got the entry clearance as well.

Any one travelling soon?
HJ

Sumit_sam
BANNED
India

Post by Sumit_sam » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:46 am

hj24 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:58 am
This is such a long wait. Not sure why British Citizen"s spouse are treated differently for the Visa when compared to the Other Spouse categories.
Can u pls share your timelines???

Anewman19
Newly Registered

Post by Anewman19 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:53 pm

Hi, my wife as an appointment in the Philippines in Manila. The website is saying that if she submits any documents there she can’t submit anymore, I have all the documents here in the UK but the immigration advisor is suggesting she needs to take TB certificate and 2 passport photos to the appointment, No mention of this on the appointment confirmation, it just says to take passport and application form. Any supporting documents I presume we can submit the lot here at the walk in centre including her original TB certificate? I’m worried if she gives that in Manila they will scan and submit and then I won’t be able to submit the complete set of documents I have here.

Sumit_sam
BANNED
India

Post by Sumit_sam » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:37 am

Hi

It is always better to collect ,compile all documents and submit all in one go only along with applicants TB, IELTS certificate and other relevant documents.

At the time of biometrics appointment, you just need to submit passport and application form, check if your local VFS now accepts supporting documents for scan..since system has now changed by UKVI.
But better will be if a spouse can go and submit supporting documents at UK.