ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job seeker allowance

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

joeyf
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Job seeker allowance

Post by joeyf » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:42 am

JB007 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:02 pm
Icloud84 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:55 pm
No, I am not in WTC and never applied! I am just confused about which option would be better!
You don't get the choice because the Tax Credit benefit has ended. If you aren't already claiming one of these income based legacy benefits, then you caim UC. All will be moved onto UC from this year and some will move themselves.
https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit
Icloud84 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:55 pm
If i rent a one bed /studio flat 1st then I can seek for housing allowance? Some people say landowner won’t agree to rent if they know the scenario!!
Being in a wheelchair does not mean that you can't work full time and therefore get the choice of rental properties as you will be paying your own rent, or buy a house.
Missed this point, yes restriction on mobility may entitle you to PIPS and certainly doesn't stop you from working, call centre jobs for example?

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:38 am

joeyf wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:39 am
It depends, took me a year and a tribunal to get mine and my backdated pay, what exactly makes you think you quality for PIPS anyway?
joeyf wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:38 am
and whilst I'm relying on it a bit I would think 5 years in the Army gives me a little entitlement to a bit of something?
joeyf, if you have an injury of illness caused by being in the AF, have you looked to see if you can claim the Armed Forces Independence Payment instead of PIP (Personal Independence Payment)?

Icloud84
Newly Registered

Post by Icloud84 » Sun May 12, 2019 4:24 pm

This is different topic and that’s the reason I started a new thread but my post has been locked ! I don’t know why !!

Anyways here is the issue I am facing at the moment . It would be great if anyone can help please .

I am living with my relatives from last few years in a spare room downstairs. ( I am a wheelchair user) but currently they will renovate the house and they need that room. Their shower room is in upstairs and I m having bone pain in my hands so now a days it quite tough to crawl up upstairs to go for shower.

I applied for council housing but it’s a long lengthy process I know ! My question is , from where can I get housing help please??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:07 am

I applied for council housing but it’s a long lengthy process I know ! My question is , from where can I get housing help please??
You need to contact the council or citizenship advice bureau.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.