ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expiring NZ Passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chuckyd747
Newly Registered
Bermuda

Expiring NZ Passport

Post by Chuckyd747 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:34 pm

Hi, the NZ passport my wife used to come to the UK on (5 year spouse route) was due to expire so an application has been made today for a new one.
The passport expires on 24/4/19 and her spouse visa on 3/5/19.
My question is should we wait for the passport to come before submitting the visa renewal as in the past in other countries they have required a 6 month minimum life on passports used to make immigration applications?
I don't want to make an error on the renewal and there should be time to make the renewal well within the 28 day window required as the passport should be back no later than 29/4, probably before that.
Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Expiring NZ Passport

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:37 pm

6 month minimum life on passports used to make immigration applications?
There is no such requirement for an extension. It needs to be valid when applying for the visa, which you don't state when it will be. What date did your wife enter the UK and what was the initial visa start date?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chuckyd747
Newly Registered
Bermuda

Re: Expiring NZ Passport

Post by Chuckyd747 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:13 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:37 pm
6 month minimum life on passports used to make immigration applications?
There is no such requirement for an extension. It needs to be valid when applying for the visa, which you don't state when it will be. What date did your wife enter the UK and what was the initial visa start date?
Hi, thanks for answering. The passport expires on 24/4/19 and her spouse visa on 3/5/19. She entered the UK on 6/12/16.
Regards