ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chances of my visa getting refused?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hanesman
Newly Registered
United States of America

Worried I'll be denied T4 Visa due to limit and 3rd time applying

Post by Hanesman » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:12 pm

In February of last year I began an accelerated year of the International Foundation Programme at a university. It was less than 6 months if that matters.

After I completed the programme I decided I didn't want to progress onto a regular 3-year programme with my then-intended degree choice and went to start over on another subject later that year. I applied for another Tier 4 visa in the UK and switched to another university and started all over on a 4-year programme which included an integrated foundation year.

I, unfortunately, ended up withdrawing a few weeks ago from the foundation year and programme due to my lack of attendance because of how uninterested I became in the degree.

Finally, I applied to the same university that I went to when I completed the International Foundation Programme to start all over once again and fortunately they accepted me today on the basis of my satisfactory high school transcripts despite my current situation with the previous university. I will, again, be doing a foundation year. And of course now I will need to apply for a Tier 4 visa for a third time by returning home. The new programme I will be enrolled in is 4 years.

My main concern is if all of this pose an issue with my new T4 Visa application and arouse suspicions? As far as I know, there is a 5-year cap on Tier 4 time limits with at or above-degree level courses. I am unsure if, since the past year I have done foundation years, they will count towards the cap, especially with the integrated foundation year?

But I'm doubly anxious about being refused the visa seeing as how this will be the third T4 I have applied for in over a year and second time I have changed subjects, 3 overall subjects. I fear UKVI will believe I am not a genuine student.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Worried I'll be denied T4 Visa due to limit and 3rd time applying

Post by sah10406 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:21 am

Hanesman wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:12 pm
Finally, I applied to the same university that I went to when I completed the International Foundation Programme to start all over once again and fortunately they accepted me today on the basis of my satisfactory high school transcripts despite my current situation with the previous university.
This is in the hands of your university in the first instance, not UKVI, so you need to discuss it with them.

Before issuing the CAS to support your application a sponsor needs to check your immigration history to ensure that any new Tier 4 application is still within the cap. They will also be mindful of credibility before issuing a CAS for any student.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Hanesman
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Hanesman » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:54 am

sah10406 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:21 am
This is in the hands of your university in the first instance, not UKVI, so you need to discuss it with them.

Before issuing the CAS to support your application a sponsor needs to check your immigration history to ensure that any new Tier 4 application is still within the cap. They will also be mindful of credibility before issuing a CAS for any student.
Thanks. I'll email the university.

But surely they would be aware of whether or not I can be issued a CAS before granting me an offer? I don't see any sense in accepting an international student only to withdraw their application because they have reached the cap.

Also, do you know perchance if the foundation years I have taken will likely count or not? I've enquired about it being at or above degree level before but I received mixed responses

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:04 am

Hanesman wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:54 am
But surely they would be aware of whether or not I can be issued a CAS before granting me an offer? I don't see any sense in accepting an international student only to withdraw their application because they have reached the cap.
it is likely to be two different decisions: (1) the academic offer, then (2) visa sponsorship for someone who needs it.
Hanesman wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:54 am
Also, do you know perchance if the foundation years I have taken will likely count or not? I've enquired about it being at or above degree level before but I received mixed responses
As you say it depends whether it was a free-standing below-degree level course, or an integrated Year 0 of a degree-level course. That's definitely something only the university would know for sure.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Hanesman
Newly Registered
United States of America

Chances of my visa getting refused?

Post by Hanesman » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:16 pm

I am currently waiting to receive my CAS from the university before I submit my T4 Visa application.

I made a post almost a week ago regarding the issuance of a CAS as I believed I would surpass the 5-year cap, but it has been confirmed I will be issued a CAS.

I have gone from a Social Sciences credit of an accelerated international foundation programme to Pharmacology with an integrated foundation year to currently wanting to pursue Physics with a foundation year. I received no credit for the first as I was requested to simply pass, and I withdrew a few weeks ago from the second programme. Fortunately, the university has not taken into consideration my previous studies and the Head of Admissions for the degree I am intent on pursuing was generous enough to disregard everything prior and grant me an offer. The current university is the same university when I was enrolled in the accelerated IFP. The second programme I was moved to another university.

Furthermore, this will be my third T4 application in over a year and I fear due to my lack of academic progression and indecisiveness I will not be granted the visa. My first application was submitted from in the US and the second in the UK as the Pharmacology with an integrated foundation year programme was considered progression. However, my third application will be submitted from in the US again as I am technically starting over for a second time.

1. What are the chances of my application getting refused?

2. Even though I am not displaying evidence of academic progression, will my situation still pose an issue? According to paragraph 57b of the T4 Policy Guidance, I am exempt from showing academic progression if I am making an application from overseas. Although, this will be my 2nd application from overseas and I fear this will render that exemption irrelevant.

3. The university informed me that they would not see my previous entries into the UK for study as being problematic in the issuing of a CAS. But would the Home Office see it as problematic in the issuing of my visa?

4. Since I am from a low-risk country, I was not interviewed the first time. Could I expect an interview this time regarding my genuineness as a student?

5. Is there anything else I should prepare for so that the Home Office can see that I am serious about my studies?