ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Martial status of fiancé ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

ILR1980
Pakistan

Martial status of fiancé ?

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:38 pm

Filling online form on behalf of applicant who is applying fiance visa from outside UK . Applicant is technically married since 2007 as per Pakistani laws but this marriage is not recognised in UK because her British husband finalised official divorce with ex wife recently so second married was done when first marrige was not ended legally that's why previous application for spouse visa of british person was refused because divorce was not final at the time of application...now when filling form they ask martial status but there is no option of fiance visa or engaged in it

We have option

Single
Married
Unmarried partner
Divorce

Then should current status be selected as single?

Unmarried partner will be required 2 years of proof living together which will be difficult when sponsor is in Uk and applicant is outside UK and they see each others once or twice a years for few months

Can u suggest what to choose here

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Martial status of fiancé ?

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:55 pm

ILR1980 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:38 pm
Filling online form on behalf of applicant who is applying fiance visa from outside UK . Applicant is technically married since 2007 as per Pakistani laws but this marriage is not recognised in UK because her British husband finalised official divorce with ex wife recently so second married was done when first marrige was not ended legally that's why previous application for spouse visa of british person was refused because divorce was not final at the time of application...now when filling form they ask martial status but there is no option of fiance visa or engaged in it

We have option

Single. This one.
Married
Unmarried partner
Divorce

Then should current status be selected as single?

Unmarried partner will be required 2 years of proof living together which will be difficult when sponsor is in Uk and applicant is outside UK and they see each others once or twice a years for few months

Can u suggest what to choose here
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:25 pm

Thanks Casa for confirmation

Do you think she should attach marriage certificate, nikkah/ islamic wedding certificate etc or no need of them because they have been labelled as invalid in previous spouse application

They have british children who are living with father in Uk and they did DNA test at the time when applied British passport for children and test prove that she is biological mother so would attaching this test will be any good in support of fiance application

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:29 pm

ILR1980 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:25 pm

Do you think she should attach marriage certificate, nikkah/ islamic wedding certificate etc or no need of them because they have been labelled as invalid in previous spouse application. Definitely not. However, do include evidence of your relationship, any visits and how you keep in touch during time apart .

They have british children who are living with father in Uk and they did DNA test at the time when applied British passport for children and test prove that she is biological mother so would attaching this test will be any good in support of fiance application. Yes.
You should also include evidence of wedding plans...quotes for a venue, wedding invitations etc.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:42 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:29 pm
ILR1980 wrote:

Do you think she should attach marriage certificate, nikkah/ islamic wedding certificate etc or no need of them because they have been labelled as invalid in previous spouse application. Definitely not. However, do include evidence of your relationship, any visits and how you keep in touch during time apart .

They have british children who are living with father in Uk and they did DNA test at the time when applied British passport for children and test prove that she is biological mother so would attaching this test will be any good in support of fiance application. Yes.
You should also include evidence of wedding plans...quotes for a venue, wedding invitations etc.
Thanks mate for your time
I contacted marriage registrar for provisional booking with them but they said they could not do it unless applicant is physically present in UK..its also difficult to book venue when dont know when applicant visa will be approve or whether it will be approve or not...is not this optional?

Her sponsor is reciving attendance allowance so they are exempt from financial requirements and have letters of benefits with bank statement s..Is 8 month bank statement enough for requirements of adequate maintenance?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:55 pm

ILR1980 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:42 pm
Casa wrote:
ILR1980 wrote:

I contacted marriage registrar for provisional booking with them but they said they could not do it unless applicant is physically present in UK..its also difficult to book venue when dont know when applicant visa will be approve or whether it will be approve or not...is not this optional? You only need quotes, not bookings.

Her sponsor is reciving attendance allowance so they are exempt from financial requirements and have letters of benefits with bank statement s..Is 8 month bank statement enough for requirements of adequate maintenance?
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... x_1_7A.pdf

5.2.Evidence to prove exemption from minimum income
requirement (partner and child of a partner applicants only)
Under paragraph 12 of Appendix FM-SE, if the sponsor is in receipt of one the specified
benefits or allowances listed in paragraph 2.1.2 above, the following evidence must be
provided:
a) Official documentation from the Department for Work and Pensions or Veterans Agency
confirming the current entitlement and the amount currently received.
b) At least one personal bank statement in the 12 month period prior to the date of application
showing payment of the amount of the benefit or allowance to which the person is currently
entitled into their account.

Also the information in the link below may help.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... nnex_F.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:14 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:55 pm
ILR1980 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:42 pm
Casa wrote:
ILR1980 wrote:

I contacted marriage registrar for provisional booking with them but they said they could not do it unless applicant is physically present in UK..its also difficult to book venue when dont know when applicant visa will be approve or whether it will be approve or not...is not this optional? You only need quotes, not bookings.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... x_1_7A.pdf

5.2.Evidence to prove exemption from minimum income
requirement (partner and child of a partner applicants only)
Under paragraph 12 of Appendix FM-SE, if the sponsor is in receipt of one the specified
benefits or allowances listed in paragraph 2.1.2 above, the following evidence must be
provided:
a) Official documentation from the Department for Work and Pensions or Veterans Agency
confirming the current entitlement and the amount currently received.
b) At least one personal bank statement in the 12 month period prior to the date of application
showing payment of the amount of the benefit or allowance to which the person is currently
entitled into their account.

Also the information in the link below may help.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... nnex_F.pdf
Great thanks for these links
May God bless you for helping others

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:35 pm

You're welcome
(Casa, not CR001)

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:41 am

Casa wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:35 pm
You're welcome
Is fiance visa come under Appendix FM partner?

It seem everything has been changed now ..no more appendix 2..no more sending original supporting documents to Sheffield but instead they are asking to upload all documents on vfsglobal which is strange because you will be keeping all original..

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:39 am

Correct! The new system requires supporting documents to be uploaded by the applicants or scan at one of the centre UKVI which involes a fee of £75
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:27 am

TODMATT wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:39 am
Correct! The new system requires supporting documents to be uploaded by the applicants or scan at one of the centre UKVI which involes a fee of £75
Thanks for reply. UKVI as usual never stick with one procedure

So it means they will never ask for sending original documents at any stage after you upload them on vfsglobal?

Also is it better to make one pdf of all pages and upload it instead of uploading single page one by one which will take ages...problem is you cannot book appointments before uploading documents unlike before where you used to attend appointment first and used to send supporting documents later

naazz

Post by naazz » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:29 pm

It is my understanding after reading somewhere i can not recall "as long as marriage was registered in a country which recognized bigamy" you should be fine.

"in many countries such as Afghanistan and Indonesia they do in fact allow and regularly practice polygamy. People who have legally married multiple partners in their own countries and come to the UK will not be charged with bigamy unless they marry again in the UK."

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:55 pm

naazz wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:29 pm
It is my understanding after reading somewhere i can not recall "as long as marriage was registered in a country which recognized bigamy" you should be fine.

"in many countries such as Afghanistan and Indonesia they do in fact allow and regularly practice polygamy. People who have legally married multiple partners in their own countries and come to the UK will not be charged with bigamy unless they marry again in the UK."
NO. it wont be accepted in UK as they only acknowledge a marriage where both partners are free to marry and have physically met on marriage time.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.