ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AnouckFarrell
Newly Registered

Work permit query

Post by AnouckFarrell » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:08 pm

Anyone has some information on the following?

A South-African friend has been offered a job for the same company my husband works for.
He has the written job offer signed and all and now has to apply for the work permit.

Can he do this when he's here in Ireland with us, or does he have to do while still in South-Africa?

The company is really keen on getting him started there, we're just trying to find the best way to get it done.

Any advice?

TIA

Myself_andI
Greece

Re: Work permit query

Post by Myself_andI » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:55 pm

AnouckFarrell wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:08 pm
Anyone has some information on the following?

A South-African friend has been offered a job for the same company my husband works for.
He has the written job offer signed and all and now has to apply for the work permit.

Can he do this when he's here in Ireland with us, or does he have to do while still in South-Africa?

The company is really keen on getting him started there, we're just trying to find the best way to get it done.

Any advice?

TIA
Work permit is work visa so the logical is to apply from home. https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/m ... eland.html

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/visa-long-work

Why don't you give a call to the embassy of Ireland? They will let you know what is needed.