ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ayetoto
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Question

Post by Ayetoto » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:32 pm

Hello Everyone,

I really need help from everyone and those who experienced similar situation.

My permanent Residence was issued on 06/02/2019 but stated in the decision letter that i Acquired My Permanent Residence in 25 February 2016.

When i checked the Naturalisation guide , Page 12 and 13.....Stated that application will only be consider from the date Acquired Permanent Residence not the date the Permanent Residence issued.

I have my life in UK Test and English Language Test Certificate.

I will like to know if i can apply for my naturalisation ASAP or I should wait till next year.

Pls i need your advise

secret.simon

Re: Naturalisation Question

Post by secret.simon » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:59 pm

Ayetoto wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:32 pm
i Acquired My Permanent Residence in 25 February 2016
If the letter accompanying the DCPR states that you acquired PR in 2016, you can apply for British citizenship straightaway, assuming you meet the other (absence, phsycial presence, good character, etc) requirements.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

wonderer98
Poland

Re: Naturalisation Question

Post by wonderer98 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:35 pm

"Acquired Permanent Residence" - you acquired it over a year ago so you can apply for Citizenship now.

PS. It seems if you apply online + send documents by post (old system) you get a response quicker - can anyone confirm?