ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 extension change of requirements/rules

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aplinhar
Mood:
Brazil

Tier 2 extension change of requirements/rules

Post by aplinhar » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:25 am

Hello all,

This is supposed to be a quick question for experts. Did we have any major changes between 2016 and now to extend a Tier 2 General visa?

I am helping my HR for someone else's extension and lately I have not been very active in the Tier 2 visa forum because I am about to get my IRL (so all my energy is going to getting my IRL sorted).

I just want to know if there are any recent changes I should be aware of...I did read a bit the last posts and some of the guidance...but just want to be on the safe side.

We all know how tricky is to deal with HRMC. :?

Thanks in advance for any helps,

Cheers

aplinhar
Mood:
Brazil

Re: Tier 2 extension change of requirements/rules

Post by aplinhar » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:15 am

I found this in the guidance:

22 When you assign a CoS to extend a migrant’s leave in the same tier and category, the start date on the CoS should be the day after their current leave expires but the migrant cannot apply for leave more than 3 months before that date.

The current work situation:
* COS created with dates from 05/07/2016 to 04/07/2019
* 30 day VISA to enter in the UK as tier 2 from 30/06/2016 to 30/07/2016 (he entered 21/07/2016)
* BRP started 15/07/2016 to 15/07/2019

He was planning to apply today with a new COS starting in 06/07/2019 within the 3 month period. I have done in the past, but I applied earlier than my visa expired. But this section of the guidance is giving an understanding that it has to be the day AFTER his visa expires (which is 15/07/2019 by his BRP).