ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what is and where do I get 'Person ID' and Registration Number

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Octavian Morcov
Newly Registered
Mood:
Moldova

what is and where do I get 'Person ID' and Registration Number

Post by Octavian Morcov » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:23 pm

Hi,

I am planning to submit the Form 8 for Irish citizenship but I am blocked at section 2 where I am asked to provide Person Id and Registration Number.

Can anyone tell me what is it and where do I get it? I am already a EU citizen so I live in Ireland as a EU citizen. I have PPS and Public Service Card

Kind Regards,
Octavian

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: what is and where do I get 'Person ID' and Registration Number

Post by littlerr » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:35 pm

A Person ID is assigned to you the first time you contact INIS for any application. If you have never contacted them previously, you will not have a Person ID. Just leave it as N/A and you will be assigned one when they receive your application.

I don’t understand what registration number is. Is that the GNIB/IRP number that you were talking about? If yes, you won’t have them because you are an EU citizen. Again just put N/A.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:38 pm

Btw if you haven’t read the guideline in the application, read them. They will contain information like the questions you asked above, and it’s very important you read them as otherwise you may answer a few questions wrong (eg if you have more than one passports, you need to enter the passport number that you used when you enter Ireland for the first time, instead of your current passport number).

ThatOneGuy
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ThatOneGuy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:45 pm

2.7 Write your Registration number (This is found on your GNIB/IRP card. This is not applicable
for EU/EEA Citizens).
2.8 Write your Person ID Number, if applicable. (This is specified on all correspondence
Issued by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service since October 2011).
Above is a quote from the guidelines (Page 9) that littlerr is referring to. Definitely read ALL of them as they add more clarity to the questions.