ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 bank shifts for nurses in the same nhs

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aybie
Newly Registered

Tier 2 bank shifts for nurses in the same nhs

Post by Aybie » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:05 pm

Hi,

I would like to inquire about my visa as tier 2 general visa. I hope you could help me.

I work as a staff nurse in the nhs trust. I would like to clarify about the bank job that i do, im working bank shifts during my free time in the same employer who sponsored my visa.

Is this bank shifts considered as a second job? Im confused because the bank shift that i do is under the same employer so im not really sure if its considered a second job or not. What would be the definition of a second job— should it be a different employer? Although, my bank job is with the same employer- we signed a different contract with different pay scale with a separate payslips.

If the bank shift we do is indeed a second job, i read in the policy for tier 2 that i am only allowed to work 20hrs per week, however since i worked by shifts which would mean that at times we work 1week in a row in my regular working hrs with 1 week off after. Would it be possible to accumulate the 20hrs per week to 80hrs monthly instead? Or is it strict that the bank shift that i do should be in a 20hr weekly basis only?

I dont want to breach. I hope you could help me especially that our nhs trusts need more bank shift hours because of the shortage crisis at the moment. I told my manager to clarify this working hours first.

Thank you,

Sent from my idiot-phone

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 bank shifts for nurses in the same nhs

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:17 pm

Would it be possible to accumulate the 20hrs per week to 80hrs monthly instead?
No, you cannot accumulate it to make a monthly amount.
Or is it strict that the bank shift that i do should be in a 20hr weekly basis only?
Strictly 20 hours PER WEEK. You also cannot do your secondary job when you are off work from your main job. It has to be purely supplementary employment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aybie
Newly Registered

Post by Aybie » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:06 am

Thank you for your reply. I really apreciate.;)
Is bank shift with the same employer considered a second job then?

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:15 pm

Aybie wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:06 am
Thank you for your reply. I really apreciate.;)
Is bank shift with the same employer considered a second job then?
It should be considered as overtime not second job, but you signed a another contract, so it could be?

Aybie
Newly Registered

Post by Aybie » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:54 pm

Yeah, Its a different contract with a different pay scale and a separate payslip.. but those bank shifts are under the same trust who sponsored me.

some has been doing more than 20hrs weekly with bank shifts with no notice received from the hr that the working hrs has exceeded this is why some have thought that it might not be a second job. I might as well consider doing overtime rather than bank shifts if managers would allow me.

So i get really confused whether these bank shifts are second job or not.

Thank u for ur reply

traveljunkie123
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by traveljunkie123 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:32 pm

is your staff bank ran by the Trust? If it is, I think it is not considered a second job. if it is ran by NHSP or an external agency, then it is a second job. in my previous Trust the system won’t allow us to book any shifts once we’re over the 20-hour-per-week limit (we were under NHSP), but iin my current one we can book as many as we like since it is ran by the same Trust. i suggest you look for someone who successfully got ILR even when doing more than 20 hrs a week.