ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hearing back from UKBA

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sallen507
Newly Registered
Bolivia

VFS Biometrics Appointment

Post by sallen507 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:47 pm

So I got an email through giving me 30 days to take my son to La Paz, Bolivia (from Cochabamba where we live) to have his biometrics registered. However the website has been a disaster from start to finish. First it wouldn't accept my contact number, so I put my mum's UK number. Then it wouldn't let me pay from here, and so I had my brother pay from the UK. And now that we've finally paid, it won't let me book an appointment for him.

Any suggestions on how to get this all sorted? Literally taking all and any tips and tricks.

Thanks all!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: VFS Biometrics Appointment

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:55 pm

What are you applying for??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sallen507
Newly Registered
Bolivia

ROI to NI with no UK passport

Post by sallen507 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:46 pm

Hey all!

My son is Bolivian, adopted by me (UK citizen) in Bolivia. We're applying for UK citizenship, and wanting to travel to the Republic of Ireland (where there are no requirements for Bolivian citizens other than an outward flight) and then drive up North where I live. Are there any legal issues if we do so without a UK passport, but in receipt of his UK Citizenship Certificate? I don't want to break any rules, but I would also rather not have to apply for a passport here in Bolivia because it's a nightmare.

Thanks in advance! :)

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: ROI to NI with no UK passport

Post by littlerr » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:21 pm

You should ask this question in the UK forum rather than the Irish one. Your son shouldn’t have any problem entering Ireland as long as he has a valid Bolivian passport, but typically if he enters Ireland as a short-stay tourist in Ireland, and then you travel to UK via the common travel area, he will be treated as a short-stay visitor in the UK as well.

I’ve seen quite a few posts here where people arrive in NI and travel to Ireland. Many of them had trouble when trying to register in Ireland due to the lack of immigration stamp on their passport. I don’t know if this would be the same in the UK though.

sallen507
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Hearing back from UKBA

Post by sallen507 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:37 am

I applied for my son’s UK citizenship in March. I have two main questions:

1. Is there any way to check on the current status of his application?
2. When a decision is made, how will I be contacted? Do they send an email or is it just the letter? We live abroad and the postal service is a nightmare.

Thanks in advance!
Sarah

secret.simon

Re: Hearing back from UKBA

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:41 am

Second class post only.

Are you currently in Bolivia or in Ireland? What address did you give for the letter; your mother's, your brother's, your own in Bolivia or another?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:57 am

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:41 am
Second class post only.

Are you currently in Bolivia or in Ireland? What address did you give for the letter; your mother's, your brother's, your own in Bolivia or another?
Topics merged. Seems child is adopted
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sallen507
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Post by sallen507 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:28 pm

So, the Bolivian postal system has been shut down. It will never arrive. Is there a way to contact them? I’ve seen the email link but it seems like it’s primarily visas.