ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Children’s and wife Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xeroxabcshaikh

Children’s and wife Naturalisation

Post by xeroxabcshaikh » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:29 pm

Hi Friends,

I have got Indefinite leave to remain in the UK since October 2018 and I will apply my citizenships in November this years. My question is this that my family was with me last year but due to my wife health issue I withdraw their application and returned them to my home country. In my dependent one my wife, one my daughter born in December 2013 in Sheffield UK, one son born in my home country. Is it possible that I can apply my daughter naturalisation from my home country and my wife and son come to UK for visit and here I can change their catogory is it possible?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Children’s and wife Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:06 pm

Yes for your UK born child.

No for your wife and son. They cannot switch to a spouse and child settlement visa if they are in the UK as visitors. They must apply from home country for settlement visas if their last visas have expired.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:07 pm

xeroxabcshaikh wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:29 pm
my wife and son come to UK for visit and here I can change their catogory is it possible?
No. You cannot switch from a visit visa to a resident visa. They will need to return to their country of habitual residence and make a spousal visa application.

Also, given that your wife has already deminstrated that she intends to become resident in the UK (by having a prior spousal visa), she will find it very hard to get a visit visa.
xeroxabcshaikh wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:29 pm
Is it possible that I can apply my daughter naturalisation from my home country
You should be able to.

EDIT: Overtaken by CR001.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

xeroxabcshaikh

Post by xeroxabcshaikh » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:42 pm

Hi there,

Again I am here. So what I have to do for my daughter for naturalisation? Which form can I download and fees?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:08 pm

Form MN1, online form. Cost is £1022.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xeroxabcshaikh

Post by xeroxabcshaikh » Sun May 19, 2019 12:20 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:08 pm
Hi CR001, thank you so much for your last reply.

My wife is expected for another baby and due in january 2019 and i will apply for my naturulization process in 26th october 2019 so when i will get naturulization certificate and then my baby born in my home country so my new baby will eligible for british citizen? and what is the process please guide me i am very confused.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun May 19, 2019 4:27 am

xeroxabcshaikh wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 12:20 am
My wife is expected for another baby and due in january 2019 and i will apply for my naturulization process in 26th october 2019 so when i will get naturulization certificate and then my baby born in my home country so my new baby will eligible for british citizen?
Depends on the date of birth of the child and the date of your naturalisation certificate.

If the date of birth of the child is on or after the date on your naturalisation certificate, then the child will be a British citizen by descent automatically and you could apply for a British passport for them directly.

If the child is born before the date on your natuiralisation certificate (even just the day before), then the child will need to follow the same UK Immigration pathway as the mother and could be registered as a British citizen when the mother gets ILR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

xeroxabcshaikh

Post by xeroxabcshaikh » Sun May 19, 2019 8:18 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:27 am
xeroxabcshaikh wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 12:20 am
My wife is expected for another baby and due in january 2019 and i will apply for my naturulization process in 26th october 2019 so when i will get naturulization certificate and then my baby born in my home country so my new baby will eligible for british citizen?
Depends on the date of birth of the child and the date of your naturalisation certificate.

If the date of birth of the child is on or after the date on your naturalisation certificate, then the child will be a British citizen by descent automatically and you could apply for a British passport for them directly.

If the child is born before the date on your natuiralisation certificate (even just the day before), then the child will need to follow the same UK Immigration pathway as the mother and could be registered as a British citizen when the mother gets ILR.
Hi Simon

Thank you so much for your reply. I have another query regarding this that I can apply direct British passport or first I have to apply naturalisation then British passport? Even one my daughter 5 years old and she was born in Uk in 2013. Please guid me the process. Thx

famymazh
Newly Registered
India

Post by famymazh » Sun May 19, 2019 8:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Hi CR001,

I am using form MN1 for my child ( 3 yrs) but not sure what I will be getting out of it. Will Home Office give some type of visa card or certificate? If it will be certificate, do I need to apply for his passport separately?

Regards,
Farooq

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:13 pm

famymazh wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:53 pm
CR001 wrote:
Hi CR001,

I am using form MN1 for my child ( 3 yrs) but not sure what I will be getting out of it. Will Home Office give some type of visa card or certificate? If it will be certificate, do I need to apply for his passport separately?

Regards,
Farooq
On approval child will receive a certificate of registration - passport needs to be applied for after that.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

xeroxabcshaikh

Post by xeroxabcshaikh » Mon May 20, 2019 7:58 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:13 pm
famymazh wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:53 pm
CR001 wrote:
Hi CR001,

Regards,
Farooq
On approval child will receive a certificate of registration - passport needs to be applied for after that.
What would be the passport fees?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:59 am

It's about £50.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

famymazh
Newly Registered
India

Post by famymazh » Tue May 21, 2019 6:39 pm

Thanks all.

xeroxabcshaikh

Post by xeroxabcshaikh » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:35 pm

Hi Gurus and Friends,

I am going to apply my one kids registration born in UK but currently in my home country and have no visa. I just got indefinite leave to remain. I am bit confused the process of registration of my child.

Q1. Can I use online service to registed my child while she is in my home country?
Q2. Are you in the UK? YES OR NO what is the answer of this question?
Q3. Are either of the parents of the child (as stated in this application) applying for naturalisation as a British citizen on an AN form? YES OR NO
Q4. Who can be refree ?

And What will be the further process when i submit fee online after completion of form?

xeroxabcshaikh

Post by xeroxabcshaikh » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:03 pm

I am quiet surprised that nobody have answer of my questions... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: