ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum fresh claim processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hopeforbest919
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by hopeforbest919 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:05 pm

GuerillaMethod wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:13 pm
I have been given permission to work but it is useless?

Why because first of all it's only jobs within a very restrictive list I can work for
secondly, I don't have the right to open a bank account so I need to find an employer who pays wages in cash (which is impossible)
Thirdly, I do not have the right to rent so I have to rely on S4 support or living with friends even if I find a job with a good salary.

I don't understand, why you don't have the right to rent?

moore100
Nigeria

Post by moore100 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:27 pm

Hi Garry20g ..yes you are correct .. when did you do you pay application and have they invite you to do biometric at post office.

Garry20g

Post by Garry20g » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:53 pm

Hi moore100. Yes I paid my application and yes I did my biometric. I think this you want to ask.

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:34 pm

hopeforbest919 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:24 am
Have Been waiting for a month since screening.
I got the questionnaire on the day of screening. I think they shorten the procedure now.

It's long waiting time sadly...
They also acknowledge my case but nothing further.
We have very close application times so we should keep an eye out for each other's progress.

moore100
Nigeria

Post by moore100 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:36 pm

hi garry20g ..yes and what month and year did you do pay application and what month did they give you biometric letter.

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:40 pm

moore100 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:37 pm
if you claim asylum you can just tell them any story which you know and you will include your human right also which is your partner and kids and they will consider that when they want to make decisions and grand you 2.5 year instead of 5 years ok because they grand human right 2.5 year and they grand asylum 5 year .. people's just use asylum so they won't pay and they will look at the human right inside asylum ok
My case is different tell me what do you think? I applied using flr fp in 2017. After waiting and chasing them this year, they sent me letter asking me to apply for asylum and gave me a screening date.

Garry20g

Post by Garry20g » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:23 pm

Hi moore100. I did 2 application first one I did in June 2017 and I did biometric after about month. Now I did another application in March 2019 an solicter give me biometric letter same day.

Samiel
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Samiel » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:48 pm

Not yet. Still praying

moore100
Nigeria

Post by moore100 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:23 am

hello everyone... can i know which bank I can open with asylum work permit card and also can i open NI number

Garry20g

Post by Garry20g » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:09 pm

Hi moore100. I would like to ask you one more question. If you will granted visa than you need to pay HO and ihs fees on extension after 2 and half years

Needforwork
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Needforwork » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:17 pm

moore100 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:08 pm
@rina. ...my lawyer told me they may not invite me for the main interview base on the human right I have in uk because he told me they don't give people asylum again but if you have human right in uk like kids and partner they will grant 2.5 year instead of give me 5 year for asylum .. you understand me now because they grand human right 2.5year 30 month of you have kids that is 7 years in UK or kids that have British passport or partner and you can give them evidence..then they grant 2.5 year instead of 5years asylum
Thing is I'm in the same situation as you my friend I claim asylum in December 2018 had PIQ in January the problem about me is iv been in the uk for 4 years now with no permit but dealing with home office because I was a third country unit. If got 2 kids over 7 years old British citizens with British passport and a wife married for 10 years now the thing is this waiting im facing im so depressed I havent had a second interview yet and its 4 months now and by been depressed i call home office every week to ask about any updates. Iv got a solicitor but I can't rely on him because we so many clients so I add by being concern about my case I call home office

Now is it the right thing to do if u chase them by calling

moore100
Nigeria

Post by moore100 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:19 pm

hello Needforwork..? my question is do you have kids born in uk and how old is your kids and do you have wife or partner in uk and when you call home office when did they tell you and have you report to your MP and did they told you to always report and sign and each time you call them did they tell you any thing about your case and do you fill the PIQ and send it to them with all document they ask on the PIQ and have send you biometric letter to go post office. and tell me if you have kids or partner in the UK...

moore100
Nigeria

Post by moore100 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:24 pm

Garry20g ..yes you do always pay for the home office fee and the surcharges each time you go for renew . unless you are single parent and not working them you apply for fee wavies from government ok?

GuerillaMethod
Mood:
Iran

Post by GuerillaMethod » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:22 pm

hopeforbest919 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:05 pm
GuerillaMethod wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:13 pm
I have been given permission to work but it is useless?

Why because first of all it's only jobs within a very restrictive list I can work for
secondly, I don't have the right to open a bank account so I need to find an employer who pays wages in cash (which is impossible)
Thirdly, I do not have the right to rent so I have to rely on S4 support or living with friends even if I find a job with a good salary.

I don't understand, why you don't have the right to rent?
Asylum Seekers do not have the right to rent and landlords are obliged to check for right to rent before letting out a property. (new rule)

hopeforbest919
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by hopeforbest919 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:03 pm

Special arrangements for asylum seekers

If you have applied for asylum but have not yet received a final decision on your case, or are waiting for the result of an appeal against a refusal of asylum, you cannot get an allocation of housing from the council or get help if you are homeless. You will also get no help with housing benefit to pay your rent. You can apply direct to a housing association or for private rented accommodation, but in areas where there are immigration checks you will not have the ’right to rent’ and landlords cannot accept you as a tenant. You can however stay with friends or family.

Pnoor
Newly Registered
India

Post by Pnoor » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:24 pm

Hi everyone
I applied further submission in june17. Its coming to 2 years and havnt heard anything.
I wrote a complaint letter to HO and they said they will give decision in 6 months which is in august.
What to do.
Why they are taking forever

GuerillaMethod
Mood:
Iran

Post by GuerillaMethod » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:36 pm

Pnoor wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:24 pm
Hi everyone
I applied further submission in june17. Its coming to 2 years and havnt heard anything.
I wrote a complaint letter to HO and they said they will give decision in 6 months which is in august.
What to do.
Which unit did you complain to? Could you please give me some ideas on what I need to write and where to write my complain to?

I sent them a Pre-Action Protocol around 2 months ago and they said we will make a decision within 6 months (it will be in August as well)

moore100
Nigeria

Post by moore100 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:11 pm

hello Needforwork..? my question is do you have kids born in uk and how old is your kids and do you have wife or partner in uk and when you call home office when did they tell you and have you report to your MP and did they told you to always report and sign and each time you call them did they tell you any thing about your case and do you fill the PIQ and send it to them with all document they ask on the PIQ and have send you biometric letter to go post office. and tell me if you have kids or partner in the UK...

Indu2
Sri Lanka

Post by Indu2 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:15 pm

GuerillaMethod wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:36 pm
Pnoor wrote:
Hi everyone
What to do.
Which unit did you complain to? Could you please give me some ideas on what I need to write and where to write my complain to?

I sent them a Pre-Action Protocol around 2 months ago and they said we will make a decision within 6 months (it will be in August as well)
Hi GuerillaMethod
Did they refused your futher sumbtion without right to apeal rights and how long they take to give answer for free action protocol please let me know thanks

GuerillaMethod
Mood:
Iran

Post by GuerillaMethod » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:00 pm

Indu2 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:15 pm
GuerillaMethod wrote:
Pnoor wrote:
Hi everyone
What to do.

Hi GuerillaMethod
Did they refused your futher sumbtion without right to apeal rights and how long they take to give answer for free action protocol please let me know thanks

They have neither refused nor accepted.

They haven’t made any decision at all.

They took 3 weeks to respond to pre action protocol.

Indu2
Sri Lanka

Post by Indu2 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:31 pm

GuerillaMethod wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:00 pm
Indu2 wrote:
GuerillaMethod wrote:
Pnoor wrote:
Hi everyone
What to do.

Hi GuerillaMethod

GuerillaMethod
Hi
That’s mean your futher sumbtion refused without right of appeal right so after that you can do pre action protocol I did like 3 weeks ago that’s why I was ask you thanks

munirabid
Member of Standing

Post by munirabid » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:55 am

Indu2 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:31 pm
GuerillaMethod wrote:
Indu2 wrote:
GuerillaMethod wrote:

Hi GuerillaMethod

GuerillaMethod
Hi
That’s mean your futher sumbtion refused without right of appeal right so after that you can do pre action protocol I did like 3 weeks ago that’s why I was ask you thanks
hi indu

home office hardly accepting new evidence , they just didn't accept and wrote their is no chance of success, I made further submission on base on asylum and family life in the UK because my child spend 7 years in UK , Home office refused Asylum grounds without Right of Appeal But Grant me 2.5 years on Family life in the UK.

Indu2
Sri Lanka

Post by Indu2 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:32 am

munirabid wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:55 am
Indu2 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:31 pm
GuerillaMethod wrote:
Indu2 wrote:

Hi GuerillaMethod

GuerillaMethod
Hi
hi indu

home office hardly accepting new evidence , they just didn't accept and wrote their is no chance of success, I made further submission on base on asylum and family life in the UK because my child spend 7 years in UK , Home office refused Asylum grounds without Right of Appeal But Grant me 2.5 years on Family life in the UK.
Hi munirabid
Actually I did pre action stage like 3 weeks ago let’s see my lawyer said maybe I have to do jr as well I am single I am not married I have only my asylum grounds let’s see I have to wait another 3 months right do you know anything about it ??????

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:38 am

Hi All,

For all of you that have been given a second interview or date please help me. Can you please let me know how many months ahead is interview date given from when you receive the letter?

Jalalleo
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Jalalleo » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:09 pm

Hi made fresh claim March 2018 ,as they never reply yet I did request work permit after a year my claim is outgoing also I send complaint but I did not get reply even they said for a complaint it is 20days and for a work permit 30days.Can any of yous please advise me who to contact as when I try call them to Liverpool they said it is only appointment line Thank you