ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VTU degree certificate for English language proof

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sksznm
Newly Registered
India

VTU degree certificate for English language proof

Post by sksznm » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:41 pm

Hello All,
I have got a T2 general sponsorship from A rated company.

I will be submitting below 2 documents for English language proof,;
1.VTU(Visvesvaraya Technical University Belagavi,India) Engineering degree certificate;
2. Certificate of medium of instruction "English" from University

Can you please clarify, if above documents are sufficient for English proof for T2 General visa?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: VTU degree certificate for English language proof

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:51 pm

Have you read the basic info on the HO website?

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/knowledge-of-english
Knowledge of English
You may need to prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply.

You can prove your knowledge of English by either:

*passing an approved English language test with at least CEFR level B1 in reading, writing, speaking and listening

*having an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognised by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD

You may be able to meet the English language requirement in other ways or need a higher level of English in some circumstances. Check the full visa guidance for detailed information.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sksznm
Newly Registered
India

Post by sksznm » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:27 pm

Hi,
Yes i have gone thorough the basic info in HO website.

Since i have the degree from VTU university and have Certificate from university which confirms that medium of instruction is Englsih.

So in that case do i still need to get a letter from UK NARIC?

Please clarify this will really help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:51 pm
Have you read the basic info on the HO website?

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/knowledge-of-english
Knowledge of English
You may need to prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply.

You can prove your knowledge of English by either:

*passing an approved English language test with at least CEFR level B1 in reading, writing, speaking and listening

*having an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognised by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD

You may be able to meet the English language requirement in other ways or need a higher level of English in some circumstances. Check the full visa guidance for detailed information.
You need the comparable assessment. Useful to get English and Comparable assessment as that is required further down your immigration journey.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sksznm
Newly Registered
India

Post by sksznm » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:49 pm

Can you please elaborate.

What is comparable assessment and is it necessary for T2 general?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:53 pm

Have you read the bit from the website I quoted, it is clear what it is.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kirankumar15789
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by kirankumar15789 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:19 am

Hi,

I am from VTU and I have just completed my NARIC assessment. I had to submit VTU's English Medium and Official Transcript along with the degree certificate for the assessment.

And Yes, Tier 2 general will require NARIC assessment of your degree and not VTU letter.

When is your RCOS getting filed

GriffinTaimer
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by GriffinTaimer » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:47 am

Hi,

Tier 2 visa does require a NARIC english language assesment and NARIC equivalent degree certificate. I listened to advise on this stupid forum and submitted just my degree certificate from VTU and got my visa rejected. Please take care that you submit the both of the documents from UK NARIC along with english language letter given by VTU and your degree certificate.

Even if you miss a single document your visa will be rejected. Make sure you submit a print of your CoS form which your sponsor filled on SMS (sponshorship management system), and also provide your bank statement from past 90 days (even though your sponsor has agreed for maintainence). Make sure your TB certificate is dated correctly. If you have had any previous rejections please mention it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:01 pm

GriffinTaimer wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:47 am
Tier 2 visa does require a NARIC english language assesment and NARIC equivalent degree certificate. I listened to advise on this stupid forum and submitted just my degree certificate from VTU and got my visa rejected.
You have no topic asking about the English requirement that I can find, so not sure whose 'stupid advice' you are 'listening' too. Perhaps you are confusing advice you got on another forum :idea:

If you have simply read other topics, some very old, and simply deduced what is needed without even asking for clarity and did what you thought was required even though the guidance clearly states what is needed, then it is certainly not anyone else's fault but your own.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CoffeBeans
Newly Registered
India

Post by CoffeBeans » Thu May 16, 2019 9:20 am

Hi,
I have a similar situation here, I have done masters(MCA) from VTU university. I am applying for NARIC certificate. My query is, does NARIC certificate say that my English knowledge proficiency level is B1 level for Tier 2 General visa (upto 3 years) ? Or just the comparable statement is enough where in it says that my masters is equal to UK's masters or degree? What if the NARIC certificate says my English proficiency level is C1? Will my visa application gets rejected? The gov.uk website is bit confusing.

F Tier 2 (General) Entry clearance and leave to remain, other than the cases in paragraph 5 below A knowledge of English equivalent to level B1 or above of the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework for Language Learning

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chandu

sansad507
Newly Registered
India

Post by sansad507 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:40 pm

sksznm wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:41 pm
Hello All,
I have got a T2 general sponsorship from A rated company.

I will be submitting below 2 documents for English language proof,;
1.VTU(Visvesvaraya Technical University Belagavi,India) Engineering degree certificate;
2. Certificate of medium of instruction "English" from University

Can you please clarify, if above documents are sufficient for English proof for T2 General visa?

Thanks
Hi Sksznm,
Can you let me know how did you apply for the Medium of Instruction letter from VTU university and how much time did it take for you to get the letter. Did you collect it in person from the university or did they post it to your address ?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:16 pm

Google 'medium of instruction letter VTU belagavi'
This takes you to a form(PDF) you need to fill out. This also contains a link for the payment.
You can send the form by post(I did this) or in person.
I sent a post from the UK 10 days back and yet to hear back
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

sansad507
Newly Registered
India

Post by sansad507 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:50 am

we did exactly that. We sent it on the 16th but yet to hear from them. Do you intend to contact the university ?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:10 pm

sansad507 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:50 am
we did exactly that. We sent it on the 16th but yet to hear from them. Do you intend to contact the university ?
Yes, but will wait till end of this week
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

sansad507
Newly Registered
India

Post by sansad507 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:20 am

CoffeBeans wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:20 am
Hi,
I have a similar situation here, I have done masters(MCA) from VTU university. I am applying for NARIC certificate. My query is, does NARIC certificate say that my English knowledge proficiency level is B1 level for Tier 2 General visa (upto 3 years) ? Or just the comparable statement is enough where in it says that my masters is equal to UK's masters or degree? What if the NARIC certificate says my English proficiency level is C1? Will my visa application gets rejected? The gov.uk website is bit confusing.

F Tier 2 (General) Entry clearance and leave to remain, other than the cases in paragraph 5 below A knowledge of English equivalent to level B1 or above of the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework for Language Learning

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chandu
Hi Chandu,

Could you let me know how much time did it take for you to get your english medium certificate from VTU ? Did you follow up with anyone within the University ?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:20 pm

sansad507 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:20 am
CoffeBeans wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:20 am
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chandu
Hi Chandu,

Could you let me know how much time did it take for you to get your english medium certificate from VTU ? Did you follow up with anyone within the University ?

I have received the Medium of Instruction letter from VTU by post.
I didn't followup with anyone. I sent the form/request by post from the UK and it took about 25 days end to end

samprathisoumya
Newly Registered
India

Post by samprathisoumya » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:47 am

yes you can get medium of instruction letter from VTU by paying online itself and then they post it the address mentioned in the covering letter. I have recently applied for it from UK, and with in 20 days I got the letter in my mentioned address. It is very good help by making this online.

Link to payment:
https://vtu.ac.in/online-fee-payment/