ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - processing times/lost passport?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

HanaR
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

EU settlement - processing times/lost passport?

Post by HanaR » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:21 pm

I had to send my passport by post because the app on the phone wouldn’t read the chip. I posted it on the 4th april by recorded delivery. Royal Mail hasn’t updated the delivery - it still shows ‘we’ve got it and we will update once delivered’ message. The aim is obviously 1 working day and it has been 6 working days. I asked at the post office and was told that the system sometimes doesn’t update.
The eu application still shows ,you need to send us your passport within 30 days’ message. So my question is, how long do they take at the passport checking place? Is it possible that they received it lets say on Monday and now it is Saturday and they still didnt open my passport and didnt update my application? Or would it not be so slow?
I am worried that Royal Mail lost my passport and Never delivered it. There is probably no way of finding out if my passport has been delivered (without signing for) and unopened, or got lost. I tried to email the place but they will get back to me within 5 days and I think they wont be able to check anyway.
Not sure how long to wait before taking next steps (and what they should be? Probably getting a new passport...).

Hayley01
South Africa

Re: EU settlement - processing times/lost passport?

Post by Hayley01 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:34 pm

HanaR wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:21 pm
I had to send my passport by post because the app on the phone wouldn’t read the chip. I posted it on the 4th april by recorded delivery. Royal Mail hasn’t updated the delivery - it still shows ‘we’ve got it and we will update once delivered’ message. The aim is obviously 1 working day and it has been 6 working days. I asked at the post office and was told that the system sometimes doesn’t update.
The eu application still shows ,you need to send us your passport within 30 days’ message. So my question is, how long do they take at the passport checking place? Is it possible that they received it lets say on Monday and now it is Saturday and they still didnt open my passport and didnt update my application? Or would it not be so slow?
I am worried that Royal Mail lost my passport and Never delivered it. There is probably no way of finding out if my passport has been delivered (without signing for) and unopened, or got lost. I tried to email the place but they will get back to me within 5 days and I think they wont be able to check anyway.
Not sure how long to wait before taking next steps (and what they should be? Probably getting a new passport...).
Hi HanaR

I also had to send my passport. I would say call the home office and give them your application number. They will be able to tell you if they have the passport at the very least although in my case they confirmed they have it but are yet to check it.

They open on Sunday so giving them a call will allow you to take next steps ASAP.

All the best!

HanaR
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by HanaR » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:40 pm

Thank you! Is it the eu settlement resolution centre number I need to call?

Hayley01
South Africa

Post by Hayley01 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:11 am

HanaR wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:40 pm
Thank you! Is it the eu settlement resolution centre number I need to call?
Hi there

Yes if you call the EU resolution centre and give your application details they should be able to tell you. I think they close at 4.30pm today.

HanaR
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by HanaR » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:23 pm

I called there but he couldn’t open the system to check. He promised that someone will call me back but nobody did. Also no response to my email so far... will have to try to call them again.