ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to KIllarney from Dublin on 29th April 2019

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

romtag
Newly Registered
Ireland

Travel to KIllarney from Dublin on 29th April 2019

Post by romtag » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:49 pm

Dear all

I hope there are many individuals here who have now received a citizenship ceremony letter to attend in Killarney on the 29th of April 2019 at different times. The first ceremony is at 10 am.
Is anyone aware of a car ride or pooling where people can team up and leave Dublin early morning at 5.30 am for that ceremony at 10 am without having to stay overnight?

Thanks and congrats to everyone who received it and good luck to everyone else.

iceice304
Ireland

Re: Travel to KIllarney from Dublin on 29th April 2019

Post by iceice304 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:40 am

There is bus service from Killarney to Red Cow (Dublin). You need to check the timings so that you can make it to Killarney before 10,

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:09 pm

It’s way too risky to drive on the morning from Dublin to Killarney, especially when your ceremony is at 10am.

My ceremony is at 3pm yet I still choose to drive there a day earlier.

The driving distance between Dublin and Killarney is 3.5 hours, without congestions. On Monday morning during rush hours, you need to add at least 30-60 minutes to ensure you won’t be late. On top of that, there’s a legislation (or recommendation) that asks drivers to take at least 15 minutes break between every 2 hours’ drive. So you are talking about minimum 4.5 hours. And this depends on that there’s no traffic accident anywhere during this 4.5 hours journey. If there is a minor scratch on a motorway, you will be completely screwed.

Spire01
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Spire01 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:11 pm

Fully agree with littlerr,
Travelling on the day of ceremony might be too risky....I'm on 10am ceremony too...but have booked a hotel nearby convention centre and will be driving a day before ceremony.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:32 pm

I live around 200 km away from Killarney and have to be there by 10:00 a.m. on 29th. I plan to drive in the morning leaving at 6:00 and google maps showing to arrive by 9:00, assuming I will be fine even if there is a minor delay or traffic jam on the way. Am I risking too much? Not sure, but I have driven down to Cork (a little more distance than to Killarney) many times leaving early in the morning and reaching there by 10:00.
Does anyone have ideas about the usual road conditions from Limerick to Killarney?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:26 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:32 pm
I live around 200 km away from Killarney and have to be there by 10:00 a.m. on 29th. I plan to drive in the morning leaving at 6:00 and google maps showing to arrive by 9:00, assuming I will be fine even if there is a minor delay or traffic jam on the way. Am I risking too much? Not sure, but I have driven down to Cork (a little more distance than to Killarney) many times leaving early in the morning and reaching there by 10:00.
Does anyone have ideas about the usual road conditions from Limerick to Killarney?
Oh should we say congratulations! That was a long wait for you. I still wouldn’t want to risk it, but Limerick should be fine as it’s much nearer to Killarney. But I’ve never visited Limerick so I can’t say how the traffic will be. Remember you will need time find parking spaces if you are to get there in the morning.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:30 am

Thanks, yes one hell of a bumpy ride for me over the last 18 months.
On my invitation, it says arrive by time 10:00 a.m., and also says don't arrive too early. So I assume it is the time to report and then there might be a big queue and actual ceremony/oath will be further 1 or 2 hours later.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:20 am

Good for you! Did you go for judicial review in the end? Or did they send you approval letter without any threatening letter from you? :)

I remember someone mentioned that they attended the ceremony last year they were in the first one of the day. The parking space was ample in the early morning but then got very crowded within hours. Bear in mind they have only 800 parking spaces in the whole convention centre, but they are expecting 5000-8000 people, and those who stay in the hotels on site will get priority access to the parking spaces.