ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Service Centre - Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ttcg

UKVCAS Service Centre - Super Priority Service

Post by ttcg » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:26 pm

I'm planning to use the Super Priority Service for my Set (LR) Application and have some questions regarding with the process / centre.

1. Core or normal Service Point ?
I live 15 mins away from Stevenage SP and planning to choose it. However, in some forum posts, some people prefer to go to Crydon Core SP over their local SPs.

When I checked on UKVCAS website, Crydon SP offers the additional interpretation service which I don't need at all. Stevenage SP offers both Biometric Capture and Digitisation services as in Crydon.

Is there any advantage or benefits to choose Crydon Core SP?

2. Scanning Formats for Documentation?
I would like to know which kind of settings I should use to scan my documents... such as

- Resolution standards... 72 dpi, 200 dpi, etc...
- Jpg or Pdf file format
- Passport scanning of multiple pages in Single Pdf or multiple Jpgs acceptable too?
- Any file size limitations?

I couldn't find any specification/requirements on their website. Could you please help?

michali
Member of Standing

Re: UKVCAS Service Centre - Super Priority Service

Post by michali » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:50 pm

I cannot help with choosing the centre but I have scanned our files at 150dpi in pdf format. This way you can merge each passport page so that the passport is just one file. Each file must not be bigger than 6mb and some may have to be compressed. I used PDFOptim for that.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: UKVCAS Service Centre - Super Priority Service

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:44 pm

ttcg wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:26 pm
I'm planning to use the Super Priority Service for my Set (LR) Application and have some questions regarding with the process / centre.

1. Core or normal Service Point ?
I live 15 mins away from Stevenage SP and planning to choose it. However, in some forum posts, some people prefer to go to Crydon Core SP over their local SPs.

When I checked on UKVCAS website, Crydon SP offers the additional interpretation service which I don't need at all. Stevenage SP offers both Biometric Capture and Digitisation services as in Crydon.

Is there any advantage or benefits to choose Crydon Core SP?

2. Scanning Formats for Documentation?
I would like to know which kind of settings I should use to scan my documents... such as

- Resolution standards... 72 dpi, 200 dpi, etc...
- Jpg or Pdf file format
- Passport scanning of multiple pages in Single Pdf or multiple Jpgs acceptable too?
- Any file size limitations?

I couldn't find any specification/requirements on their website. Could you please help?
I would recommend you go to croydon core centre. First you can only get free appointments at a core centre plus you might struggle getting an appointment at an enhanced centre (plus paid). You will get a free appointment within 5-7 days in croydon or earlier.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.