ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invest in Existing Business

Only for Start-Up Visas and Innovator Visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ahoussami
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Invest in Existing Business

Post by ahoussami » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:48 am

Hi guys,
Previously, under the "Entrepreneur" scheme, one was able to apply in case he/she had invested in an existing business (provided they meet the specific conditions). Whats the case now?

My uncle has a mortgage advisory firm which needs extra investment to grow (mostly to be invested in business development across various geographic areas around london); and as such I want to chip in as a a managing partner.

Would this still be viable under the new schemes? Advice is very much appreciated, regards.

marcnath

Re: Invest in Existing Business

Post by marcnath » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:28 am

ahoussami wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:48 am
Hi guys,
Previously, under the "Entrepreneur" scheme, one was able to apply in case he/she had invested in an existing business (provided they meet the specific conditions). Whats the case now?

My uncle has a mortgage advisory firm which needs extra investment to grow (mostly to be invested in business development across various geographic areas around london); and as such I want to chip in as a a managing partner.

Would this still be viable under the new schemes? Advice is very much appreciated, regards.
You can still invest in an existing business.
But the key fact is that you need an endorsement to show that the business is innovative and you are adding some unique value. Investment alone is not a criteria - in fact, the significance of money has been reduced as the requirement is 50K and in some cases, not even that is required.
In my personal opinion, just regional growth would be tough to qualify.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ahoussami
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Re: Invest in Existing Business

Post by ahoussami » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:50 am

thanks for the intake.