ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stage 2: Issuing Authority and Dates for previous visas

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tatty-ta
Newly Registered
Belarus

Stage 2: Issuing Authority and Dates for previous visas

Post by tatty-ta » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:02 am

Hello everyone,
I'm filling in my application for a Tier 1 ET visa and struggling with the particular section which is Previous UK Visas.

The first one that I had is Tier 2 ICT. In my prev passport, I found a vignette Entry Clearance Tier 2 ICT with date valid from and valid until which is basically a month, place of issue: Moscow. Initially, Tier 2 ICT visa was given to me for 3 years but I left the UK after 1.5 years and now I'm applying outside of the UK.

What information should I use to fill the fields Date of Issue, Date of Expiry and Issuing Authority? Should I use the info from my BRP card?

The second visa is C-Student, dates are clear, but I'm not sure what I should put for Issuing authority since in my passport on a visa page I just have Issued in Moscow. Can you please advise?

Many thanks for your time and suggestions!

WRWR
Russia

Re: Stage 2: Issuing Authority and Dates for previous visas

Post by WRWR » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:02 am

For Tier 2 ICT you should have a letter from HO clearly stating start date and end date of your leave. Expiry date in your BRP should match the last day of your leave, but issue date might not match the first day of your leave, beware.

For C-Student.. "British Embassy in Moscow" should be ok. It worked for C-VISIT visas pretty well.

tatty-ta
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by tatty-ta » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:52 pm

WRWR wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:02 am
For Tier 2 ICT you should have a letter from HO clearly stating start date and end date of your leave. Expiry date in your BRP should match the last day of your leave, but issue date might not match the first day of your leave, beware.

For C-Student.. "British Embassy in Moscow" should be ok. It worked for C-VISIT visas pretty well.
Thank you for your reply.
I don't think I have this letter, but I know the dates of the start date and date when I left the country (I did it before the expiry date in my BRP). Can I use them? Can you please advice what I should use for issuing authority for Tier 2 ICT visa? On the vignette, I have just Moscow, can I use UKVI?

WRWR
Russia

Post by WRWR » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:05 pm

I've checked my letter, BRP and entry clearance stamp.

It appears that Valid from field in Entry Clearance stamp matches the start date of my leave. And Valid until field in BRP matches the end date of my leave. It should probably apply to all similar cases, including yours.

But I strongly suggest to try to find the original letter or Certificate of Sponsorship (if you had it). You definitely cannot use any other dates, including start of employment and date when you left the country.