ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake on Referee form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pietr342
Newly Registered

Mistake on Referee form

Post by Pietr342 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:58 am

Hi all,

I recently submitted my AN application via the new service and supporting docs via Sopra Steria and now noticed a silly mistake. On both of my referee forms, I wrote my name on when I attached the picture before handing it to my referees to sign the declaration. Now the writing is obviously identical on both docs and differs from the writing of the referees. Would this be a problem although the referees properly signed and declared and if so, what should be done now whilst the application is under consideration? Can I supply additional docs after the initial submission to correct this? Would welcome your thoughts.

Thanks
Pete

R-graphite
Mood:

Re: Mistake on Referee form

Post by R-graphite » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:05 am

I think as long as the documents were signed by your referees that should be ok unless Home Office comes back and ask you to re-send. Obviously this is just an opinion and not a confirmation.
Pietr342 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:58 am
Hi all,

I recently submitted my AN application via the new service and supporting docs via Sopra Steria and now noticed a silly mistake. On both of my referee forms, I wrote my name on when I attached the picture before handing it to my referees to sign the declaration. Now the writing is obviously identical on both docs and differs from the writing of the referees. Would this be a problem although the referees properly signed and declared and if so, what should be done now whilst the application is under consideration? Can I supply additional docs after the initial submission to correct this? Would welcome your thoughts.

Thanks
Pete
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:21 pm

Pietr342 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:58 am
Hi all,

Thanks
Pete
As long as the referee is genuine and his/her signature is genuine does not matter if you write your own name or referee does. I have always written my own name and referees signed only never had any problems.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Scienturgeonist
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Scienturgeonist » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:50 am

Hi Pietr342, R-graphite and tier11417, I fell in the same trouble, I applied by UKCVAS document upload.

What would you advise, do I need to try to send them other/corrected forms by post?

I'm very worried something that simple can damage the whole process, and would be grateful for any reassurance or advice.

cocococo
Newly Registered

Post by cocococo » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:00 pm

I wrote my name on both and forms were only signed by my referees. I have already received an approval so can confirm this is not a problem and you need not worry.

Scienturgeonist
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Scienturgeonist » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:35 am

Thank you for this reassurance, any suggestion to send another one by post to join the supporting documents?

Is there a postal address for that or to correspond with UKVI / Home Office?

RaghuKarnati
India

Post by RaghuKarnati » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:19 am

cocococo wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:00 pm
I wrote my name on both and forms were only signed by my referees. I have already received an approval so can confirm this is not a problem and you need not worry.
I did exactly the same as @cocococo and received my approval letter without any issues.