ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 Entrepreneur Pending Extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: T1 Entrepreneur Pending Extension

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:21 pm

Marcnath, can you please suggest me where can i post my questions related to ILR and my dependents' extension? will keep on bombarding with more questions :D
New topic for your dependents in this sub forum if applying for tier 1 dependent.

For your ILR queries, new topic in link below.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rayleo1990

Post by rayleo1990 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:42 am

Dear Admins,
can you please suggest me best option leading towards ILR. MY T1 Ext will expire in oct 2020.
I will be completing 5 years in T1E on 15 Nov 2019 & 10 year Long residence in march 2020.
My dependent wife applied for her UK visa in 2015, but was rejected which was later approved after review appeal in June 2016.
She will complete her 5 year as dependent in june 2021, but her visa will expire in oct 2020l .

can you please suggest which route will be best for me to apply ILR without breaking 5 year residence towards ILR for my partner?

really appreciate your suggestion.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:56 pm

rayleo1990 wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:42 am
Dear Admins,
can you please suggest me best option leading towards ILR. MY T1 Ext will expire in oct 2020.
I will be completing 5 years in T1E on 15 Nov 2019 & 10 year Long residence in march 2020.
My dependent wife applied for her UK visa in 2015, but was rejected which was later approved after review appeal in June 2016.
She will complete her 5 year as dependent in june 2021, but her visa will expire in oct 2020l .

can you please suggest which route will be best for me to apply ILR without breaking 5 year residence towards ILR for my partner?

really appreciate your suggestion.
If you want to retain the 5 year for your dependant, your only option is the 5 year route. The clock starts again for your dependant once you switch to 10 year LR
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

rayleo1990

Post by rayleo1990 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:03 pm

thank you so much for your kind reply Marcnath. can you please suggest me how do i contact HO about my IHS refund? as my solicitor hasn't received it yet?

rayleo1990

Post by rayleo1990 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:44 pm

Dear Zimba & Marcnath,

can you please suggest me documents needed for Tier1 Ent ILR 5 years?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:51 pm

rayleo1990 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:44 pm
Dear Zimba & Marcnath,

can you please suggest me documents needed for Tier1 Ent ILR 5 years?
You can see my application here. I did include maintenance funds which is not needed.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

rayleo1990

Post by rayleo1990 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:32 pm

Thank you so much Marcnath. I really appreciate your help.
can you please suggest me best option that suits my wife and myself.
T1 Ent Dep : UK Arrival June 2016
Her visa is expiring in Sep 2020.

I will be eligible for T1 Ent. ILR in Nov 2019, and 10 year LR in Feb: 2020.

can you please let me know how should we proceed? If i switch to T1 Ent. ILR, does she has to apply for extension? or can she apply for ILR with me in Nov 2019?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:36 pm

rayleo1990 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:32 pm
Thank you so much Marcnath. I really appreciate your help.
can you please suggest me best option that suits my wife and myself.
T1 Ent Dep : UK Arrival June 2016
Her visa is expiring in Sep 2020.

I will be eligible for T1 Ent. ILR in Nov 2019, and 10 year LR in Feb: 2020.

can you please let me know how should we proceed? If i switch to T1 Ent. ILR, does she has to apply for extension? or can she apply for ILR with me in Nov 2019?
She can apply for an extension shortly before her current visa expires IF you apply for ILR based on Tier 1 Ent. Her 5 years will only complete in mid 2021.

If you apply for ILR based on long residence, she will have to switch to FLR(M) and meet the English and Financial requirements. This will also reset her clock to zero and a new 5 year route to ILR (2 x 2.5 year visas).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rayleo1990

IHS Refund not received after 4 months.

Post by rayleo1990 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:14 pm

hi guys, can you please suggest me whats the best way to contact HO for IHS refund?
Any email address please?
I still haven't received my refund after 4 months of extension.

rayleo1990

Post by rayleo1990 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:36 pm

hi Guys,
My accountant has joined a large firm, and he has to surrender his licence.
If i change my accountant now, will it impact my ILR?
I am eligible for ILR in Nov-2019?
Do i need any letter from accountant for ILR?
as, both my employees are same before extension. I gave letter form accounts prior to extension regarding job creation.

Do accountants need to have a practising licence? or can i ask my friend who has done acca to prepare unaudited accounts before ILR?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:41 pm

rayleo1990 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:36 pm
hi Guys,
My accountant has joined a large firm, and he has to surrender his licence.
If i change my accountant now, will it impact my ILR?
I am eligible for ILR in Nov-2019?
Do i need any letter from accountant for ILR?
as, both my employees are same before extension. I gave letter form accounts prior to extension regarding job creation.

Do accountants need to have a practising licence? or can i ask my friend who has done acca to prepare unaudited accounts before ILR?
There is no requirement to submit accounts for ILR. I only used an accountant for the 1 year before extension when I needed the compilation letter.

rayleo1990

Post by rayleo1990 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:36 am

Query Regarding Business Partner:

Dear Marcnath & Zimba,

I am preparing myself for ILR in T1 Ent. I have few questions please.
1- As I have mentioned earlier, my business partner had switched to ILR (LR) back in 2017 prior to my extension, I'd have to add his details in my ILR Application, as he is still director, but not on payroll and neither he's on Payroll. Is it compulsory for me to add his latest passport number and details in my application? I have also setup a new business but its very slow at the moment. Please view this point and add your suggestions.

2- My wife would need another extension in Sep 2020 to complete 5 years. Do i need to write a cover letter about it?

3- I had given evidence of investment in initial as well as in extension application(on solicitors' request). Do, i need to send any evidence of investment for ILR, like DL, bank statements etc?

4- For how many months, do i need to send bank statements? OR can i send bank letter only?
5- Employees are working with my from over since 2016, so I can send latest 12 months FPS/Payslips?
6- My accountant made typing mistake in my latest accounts, he wrote that I am director since 2017 but I am actually director in my company since 2014. Will there be any issue? or can i ask him to submit amendment for accounts?

Thank you so much

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:37 am

rayleo1990 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:36 am
Query Regarding Business Partner:

Dear Marcnath & Zimba,

I am preparing myself for ILR in T1 Ent. I have few questions please.
1- As I have mentioned earlier, my business partner had switched to ILR (LR) back in 2017 prior to my extension, I'd have to add his details in my ILR Application, as he is still director, but not on payroll and neither he's on Payroll. Is it compulsory for me to add his latest passport number and details in my application? I have also setup a new business but its very slow at the moment. Please view this point and add your suggestions.
The only place where you need to add his details is under other Director's. I don't recall needing passport numbers there - which section are you talking about?

Not sure what suggestions you want about your new business ? This is not a business advice forum.
rayleo1990 wrote:

2- My wife would need another extension in Sep 2020 to complete 5 years. Do i need to write a cover letter about it?
No
rayleo1990 wrote:

3- I had given evidence of investment in initial as well as in extension application(on solicitors' request). Do, i need to send any evidence of investment for ILR, like DL, bank statements etc?
No
rayleo1990 wrote:

4- For how many months, do i need to send bank statements? OR can i send bank letter only?
Bank letter is sufficient
rayleo1990 wrote:

5- Employees are working with my from over since 2016, so I can send latest 12 months FPS/Payslips?
You only need documents for the period you are claiming
rayleo1990 wrote:

6- My accountant made typing mistake in my latest accounts, he wrote that I am director since 2017 but I am actually director in my company since 2014. Will there be any issue? or can i ask him to submit amendment for accounts?

Thank you so much
It should not be an issue, but you can mention that in the cover letter.