ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens after divorce.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adriansandoi
Newly Registered
Romania

What happens after divorce.

Post by adriansandoi » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:42 am

Hello
I have a residence card for 5 years still available until to 2022. It is a family member type but I will divorce this month and the ex saying she will cancel that residence card and I will be forced to leave the country. I have all my things here. I don't have where to go. Please help me with the right answer to knowing what can happen after I divorce with my visa. Thank in advance.

secret.simon

Re: What happens after divorce.

Post by secret.simon » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:07 pm

How long have you been married and how long have you been resident in the UK?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:14 pm

I think that you can apply for settled/ presettled status and explain in a covering letter your situation. As far as I understand you do not have divorse paper as yet?

Also I am sure that your wife is not in a power of cancelling your residence card.

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:25 pm

Or the best option for you is to apply for divorse officially:

https://www.gov.uk/divorce/apply-for-a-decree-absolute

Once you get your final divorse paper, you will have to apply for settled/ presetteled status under category of retained rights (apply online)/

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:07 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:07 pm
How long have you been married and how long have you been resident in the UK?
Much depends on the answer to the above question. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.