ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No EU Traveling with only Marriage certificate

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jelleas
Newly Registered
Nigeria

No EU Traveling with only Marriage certificate

Post by Jelleas » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:59 pm

Hi All,

I would need you guys advise and experience. Currently, im on Student card due to expire by July. At the same time, I got married to my Hungarian gf. We both live in Hungary.

Now the problem is that we agreed on moving somewhere else to start life. UK and Ireland preferably or anywhere in Schengen /EU. But she is insisting on moving abroad at the same time when I need to renew my papers ( June/ July).
Currently, I can travel with her using my Schengen visa as it is still valid. But I will become illegal in the country after July. She doesn't have a job offer and it's currently pregnant which limits her possibility of getting a job. To my understanding, I can only apply for residence in such country if my spouse engages in either school or work.

In addition, if we are to travel to Ireland or UK, I will need a visa. Does it make any difference to apply for visa using student residence card which will expire in 3 months in addition with the marriage certificate, instead of the non EU residence card?

Due to this situation, im seriously thinking of letting her go while I remain in Hungary and apply for jobs after graduation. The only bad side is that it might as well end my marriage, because my wife has little knowledge on immigration. Already I have suggested she move first and get a job, while I join her once I graduate, but she wants us to travel together.

What would you guys suggest I do?