ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Category while Tier 1 Extension in progress

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Switching Category while Tier 1 Extension in progress

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:21 pm

aahish wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:11 pm
Hi Bizman,

I don’t have the recent one. I was under impression to use driving license but I have forgot that at home in Manchester as my appointment is in London. So, my question is bank statement enough as per the guidance? Please advise
You dont need proof of address for your UKVCAS appointment. All you need is your passport and your barcoded appointment letter.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:28 pm

Hi Tier11417,

Not about the appointment. I mean the documents that need to be submitted to home office as part of my application.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:35 pm

aahish wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:28 pm
Hi Tier11417,

Not about the appointment. I mean the documents that need to be submitted to home office as part of my application.
Why you need to submit your proof of address? Just cz your house is in manchester and you are attending appointment in london? Its not required 😳

I dont get your logic. Why do you think you need it?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:05 am

You don’t need a proof of address, it is not required. The statement of bank account is fine, if you want to add that.
Bizman

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:57 am

Thank you that message is helpful

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:31 pm

Hi
Is it possible to view the uploaded documents on UKVCAS Soprasteria system? If so how can I view them? Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:35 pm

aahish wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:31 pm
Hi
Is it possible to view the uploaded documents on UKVCAS Soprasteria system? If so how can I view them? Thanks
You can only see the names and number of files uploaded. You cant preview them unfortunately. Sopra will be able to preview it before submission.

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:07 pm

Thank you

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:20 pm

My ILR has been approved. Thank you each and every one who supported with your kind and helpful suggestions in hard times. Special thanks to Zimba and other moderators.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:23 pm

Congrats
Bizman

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:45 pm

Thank you Bizman

kaps84
Member of Standing

Post by kaps84 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:44 pm

Congrats Aahish !
-- Kaps84

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:53 am

Kap84 quite a while. Hope you ok. How did your switch go
Bizman

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:04 pm

Thanks Kaps....

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:13 pm

Hi All my wife entered as T1 dependent in August 2015. But as you know she left back to home country due to medical emergency in around August 2018 by withdrawing her visa which breaks her continuous leave and she was granted visa with in a month as Tier 2 dependent ( A solicitor advised me that if visa granted with in a month and had valid reason that break can be excluded but not sure how much genuine it was) Now my questions are:
1) Which is the best choice for us to apply ILR dependent or T2 PBS dependent ( If Tier 2 dependent So, that we can apply for ILR in August 2020 and Approaching home Office requesting them to exclude the Continuous stay break as we had a valid reason and proof ) I’m hoping at least 50 - 50 chances for HO to exclude the break?
2) If we are applying for T2 PBS dependent that means she already lived in UK as my dependent ( T1 & T2) for more than 4 years for now if she gets another three years that means its 7 years in total is she allowed to stay as PBS dependent for 7 years?
3)If we go for T2 PBS dependent route for now and If in case Home office does not exclude the continuous stay break in 2020 are we able extend another one and half year to qualify for ILR through PBS dependent route? or Do we need to apply for ILR dependent in 2020 and wait for five years again? Please advise ... If my message lacks any clarity please feel free to let me know thanks

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:36 pm

Solicitor is right, it can be ignored
Bizman

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:38 pm

She can apply for ILR as soon;as she’s 5 years in UK
Bizman

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:54 pm

aahish wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:13 pm
Hi All my wife entered as T1 dependent in August 2015. But as you know she left back to home country due to medical emergency in around August 2018 by withdrawing her visa which breaks her continuous leave and she was granted visa with in a month as Tier 2 dependent ( A solicitor advised me that if visa granted with in a month and had valid reason that break can be excluded but not sure how much genuine it was) Now my questions are:
1) Which is the best choice for us to apply ILR dependent or T2 PBS dependent ( If Tier 2 dependent So, that we can apply for ILR in August 2020 and Approaching home Office requesting them to exclude the Continuous stay break as we had a valid reason and proof ) I’m hoping at least 50 - 50 chances for HO to exclude the break?
2) If we are applying for T2 PBS dependent that means she already lived in UK as my dependent ( T1 & T2) for more than 4 years for now if she gets another three years that means its 7 years in total is she allowed to stay as PBS dependent for 7 years?
3)If we go for T2 PBS dependent route for now and If in case Home office does not exclude the continuous stay break in 2020 are we able extend another one and half year to qualify for ILR through PBS dependent route? or Do we need to apply for ILR dependent in 2020 and wait for five years again? Please advise ... If my message lacks any clarity please feel free to let me know thanks
For a 5 year ILR, the stay is broken. For a 10 year, it is not. You can always try to ask for an exceptional circumstance waiver - it is possible but not guaranteed that you would get it.
1) You should always continue as a PBS dependant. Switching to FLR(M) will result in the 5 year clock being reset.
2) There is no limit to how long she can continue as a PBS dependant
3) Yes, if she stays on PBS dependant, she can apply whenever she completes 5 years from the visa grant date.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:21 pm

Thanks marcnath...for my dependent’s application

1) Do i need any letter from current employer who is also my previous tier 2 sponsor ?
2) Do i need to maintain any funds in my scenario? Please advise Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 01, 2019 5:32 am

aahish wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:21 pm
Thanks marcnath...for my dependent’s application

1) Do i need any letter from current employer who is also my previous tier 2 sponsor ?
2) Do i need to maintain any funds in my scenario? Please advise Thank you
1. No.

2. Yes, £630 per dependent for 90 days.

3. You really should start a separate topic in the tier 2 sub forum for your dependent visa extension queries. It is not relevant to this ILR topic and will create confusion!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Wed May 01, 2019 7:12 pm

Thank you CR001 and thank you all .... CR001 will start a new topic thanks

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:56 pm

Hi,

Firstly sorry if i’m posting in a wrong forum moderators please move this query to the correct forum. As some of you know I switched to Tier2 while tier 1 extension is under progress nearly one and half year ago. I have contacted Home Office couple of times for the return of my Tier 1 extension application fee and also, for the return of my IHS surcharge payments that i paid for tier 1 i have not received any response. Now my questions are?
1) Do I really get my Tier 1 extension application fee back as i have changed my visa category to Tier 2 before any decision has been made. ( I have done my bio metrics for Tier 1 extension). If i get Refund is there any correct contact number or Address where i can send a letter.
2) I’m sure that they need to refund the IHS surcharge is there any correct contact number or address to contact them? please advise. Thank you

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:31 pm

aahish wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:56 pm
Hi,

Firstly sorry if i’m posting in a wrong forum moderators please move this query to the correct forum. As some of you know I switched to Tier2 while tier 1 extension is under progress nearly one and half year ago. I have contacted Home Office couple of times for the return of my Tier 1 extension application fee and also, for the return of my IHS surcharge payments that i paid for tier 1 i have not received any response. Now my questions are?
1) Do I really get my Tier 1 extension application fee back as i have changed my visa category to Tier 2 before any decision has been made. ( I have done my bio metrics for Tier 1 extension). If i get Refund is there any correct contact number or Address where i can send a letter.
2) I’m sure that they need to refund the IHS surcharge is there any correct contact number or address to contact them? please advise. Thank you
If you clearly indicated that you were varying the extension application to Tier 2, then you should get the refund. How have you tried to contact HO so far ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:06 pm

Hi Marc,

I have sent a couple of letters to UKVI Sheffield address. Is there any right point of contact or address please. Thanks

Kind Regards

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:44 pm

aahish wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:06 pm
Hi Marc,

I have sent a couple of letters to UKVI Sheffield address. Is there any right point of contact or address please. Thanks

Kind Regards
I don't have any non public contact information