ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Provisional Driving Licence for Tier 2 ICT (Leave to Enter)

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TheGoldberg
Newly Registered

Provisional Driving Licence for Tier 2 ICT (Leave to Enter)

Post by TheGoldberg » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:20 pm

Hello,

Can a Non GB person, living in UK as tax resident for last 2 years with Tier 2 ICT Long term Visa (Leave to Remain) ,apply for Provisional UK licence after 12 months of his last entry to UK or it has to be Leave to remain only?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Provisional Driving Licence for Tier 2 ICT (Leave to Enter)

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:51 am

Not aware of the 12 month aspect.
Have you checked here? https://www.gov.uk/id-for-driving-licence
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

TheGoldberg
Newly Registered

Post by TheGoldberg » Sat May 04, 2019 5:29 pm

Thanks.
Yes I have already looked into it, but it is not very clear.
What I understand is one on Tier 2 ICT Visa, need to apply for Provisional Licence first after 12 months of first entry to UK (Not last).
But if anyone on International visa already had driving experience of more than 20 years does that person need to do all test lessons etc.

These laws are not very clear, was hoping if someone has come across similar situation and how did one tackle it.

Many thanks..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 04, 2019 5:32 pm

If your drivers licence is from a country that is not on the list where the licence can be exchange for a British one, then you have to do the Provisional licence and then the test and practical for a full licence as if you are a new driver.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.