ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mattskilondon
Newly Registered

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by mattskilondon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:11 pm

Court2 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:06 pm

Question for anyone that applied via London and received their certificate in the last 6 months: was your certificate and returned certificates sent back to you An Post recorded delivery? Or just standard postage?
Mine was sent to me via regular post, it wasn't recorded delivery (although the documentation said it would be). Also when I got my passport that was also just sent by regular delivery without a signature. Luckily I happened to be in each time.

Jaxx22
Finland

Post by Jaxx22 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:16 am

I thought that there was an extra cost for the posting back and was under the impression that it was tracked somehow.

I still haven't heard anything from the embassy when I asked them to confirm receipt and if they have forwarded it on or still have it (worded a bit better than that) I am beginning to think that they are not going to reply!

brawn401
Mood:
Ireland

Post by brawn401 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:21 am

So my FBR application process has come to an end. Today I went to the post office to pick up the post I had missed yesterday while I was at work and it was indeed my FBR!

Mine was not laminated like Sulla’s was, but they did take one of my passport photos and it is semi-laminated onto the top left corner of the certificate.

Also, very handily they enclosed a passport application form with the FBR which is good as I messed up the first one I got 🤦🏻‍♂️

My final timeline is as follows:

29th June 2018: Applied online
2nd July2018: Documents Received by London Embassy
9th November 2018 : confirmed over phone that application had been sent for approval
13th March 2019: E-mail from DFA confirming application approved and forwarded for FBR certificate printing
17th April 2019 : Certificate arrived in the post from Dublin (registered mail, signed for)

So overall that is 8 months and about 2ish weeks, or 289 days.

Good luck to everyone else waiting for theirs. I’ll lurk on the forum still and will provide updates on passport application which I’ll probably send off next week as I need to get someone in our legal department at work to witness the application, and its Easter hols in the UK right now

Éirinn go Brách!

LesMalouinettes
Mood:
France

Post by LesMalouinettes » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:17 am

brawn401 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:21 am
So my FBR application process has come to an end. Today I went to the post office to pick up the post I had missed yesterday while I was at work and it was indeed my FBR!
Congrats! Must feel so good to finally have it.

spiderplants

Post by spiderplants » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:07 am

Great news brawn. At least we have something to benchmark applications against now. What a relief!

spiderplants

Post by spiderplants » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:09 am

brawn401 wrote:

Mine was not laminated like Sulla’s was, but they did take one of my passport photos and it is semi-laminated onto the top left corner of the certificate.

Also, very handily they enclosed a passport application form with the FBR which is good as I messed up the first one I got 🤦🏻‍♂️

9th November 2018 : confirmed over phone that application had been sent for approval
13th March 2019: E-mail from DFA confirming application approved and forwarded for FBR certificate printing
17th April 2019 : Certificate arrived in the post from Dublin (registered mail, signed for)

Good luck to everyone else waiting for theirs. I’ll lurk on the forum still and will provide updates on passport application which I’ll probably send off next week as I need to get someone in our legal department at work to witness the application, and its Easter hols in the UK right now

Éirinn go Brách!
What date were you entered on to the register?

brawn401
Mood:
Ireland

Post by brawn401 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:50 am

Thanks all!

spiderplants the date on the certificate is the 13th March 2019

Hopefully this means that things are starting to speed up for everyone

upliam
United States of America

Post by upliam » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:40 pm

brawn401 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:50 am
Thanks all!

Hopefully this means that things are starting to speed up for everyone
Brawn, Congrats on your FBR! Good Luck with the Passport Application!

rdslight
Newly Registered

Post by rdslight » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:09 pm

Called again today as told would definitely be registered by mid April. The update was it would be another 6-7 weeks probably despite being in “the final stage”

Ho Hum.......

spiderplants

Post by spiderplants » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:58 pm

brawn401 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:50 am
spiderplants the date on the certificate is the 13th March 2019
Thanks brawn. So, 8.5 months ish from receipt in London. Will be great to see some more stories on here to give us more idea as to how things are progressing.

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:22 am

Spav

Thanks for the response. There has been no change in the status of my passport application since I submitted. The system still states "processing application". Anyway, I am not perturbed by that. I am happy the embassy here seem to have been a bit more efficient in terms of inputting the application into the system than the consulate in NY. I hope that the estimated turnaround time of 6 weeks is accurate. However, a couple of weeks on top of that is what I anticipate.

Brawn

It's wonderful to hear that you finally received your certificate. You had an even longer wait than I did. It's really strange that they seem to be changing the certificate format so frequently. Mine was an evolution of the previous version, with security updates, lamination and no photo. Now they have decided (a month later) to withdraw the lamination but include a photo? Maybe that is why they are asking for 4 photos now? I only supplied 2, as that was the stipulation at the time I applied. I presume they have really experienced difficulties with the new printing systems they were attempting to implement and this has led to the differences we see.
For me, I'm not overly concerned with the appearance or format of the FBR certificate. As long as it is useful for obtaining the passport, that's all that matters.

Jaxx22
Finland

Post by Jaxx22 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:44 am

Congratulations to all who have received FBR recently. It is good to see that things are finally happening even though looking a timelines it is still taking 4 months just to acknowledge.

It seems that the changing of the appearance of the certificate is delaying the process, really I don't think that the photo on the certificate is needed because appearances change.

I still haven't had a reply from the embassy when I asked them to confirm receipt, it has been over a week now since I asked this question and I think pretty poor not to reply (I don't think they are going to) especially when someone is asking them to confirm they have their important documents.

Rdslight - when did you apply?

Hol292
Newly Registered

Post by Hol292 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:08 am

brawn401 wrote:

Éirinn go Brách!

Congratulations! What a relief to have it in hand!

Quick question, were your original documents all sent back in the same package?

Lee2521
Ireland

Post by Lee2521 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:30 am

Well done Brawn geetting your long awaited FBR :D ,,

Has anyone from the UK had their FBR certificate from the Balbriggan FBR since
the Irish government change the location to send in the additional items ?

My current status

Online application 28/12/18
Documents received 06/02/18
FBR confirmation e-mail ????
FBR Certicate printiing ????
FBR Certicate received ????

Regards Lee

Court2

Post by Court2 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:53 pm

brawn401 wrote:

Éirinn go Brách!
Congrats Brawn!

You appear to be one of the closest(ish) approved applicants via London to me on this site.

Based on your timeline, for me as a 1st September '18 applicant, I will add 2 months to all of your dates (2 months later than you to apply) so hopefully that means around mid-May I get the email and mid-June the certificate. We will see! Had no contact with any update from the DFA aside from the receipt of documents in London.

What exactly did your DFA confirmation of approval say?

ricky7384
Newly Registered

Post by ricky7384 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:15 am

Congratulations Brawn

My application confirmed received: 6th July 2018 (four days after brawn).

Still waiting for mine. I haven't received any email from them.

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:50 pm

Congratulations Brawn!

Ive decided that the comical aspect of this “6 month wait” and “88% of applications in 2018 where completed within 6 months” is almost worth the wait. How can they make the 88% claim about 2018? They are barely processing the first half of 2018.

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:32 am

Michael

From my perspective, the 88% completed within 6 months statistic, cited for 2018 applications is pure fantasy. It clearly clashes with the experience of the vast majority of people who post on this forum. If you recall the "50% of applications are incomplete" statement was found to have been made without any supporting data. I have no idea how they conjured up the 88% figure, but there must be some creativity at work there. Possibly, if you were to calculate the processing time from the moment the application was initially dealt with by the FBR team (as opposed to physically received) and end the timeline at FBR addition (rather than printing or delivery of the certificate) then you might be able to come up with a number like 88%. However, I doubt most people would endorse such a calculation method as even vaguely legitimate. I would term it highly misleading.

Essentially, I view it as a meaningless statistic. Reading this board gives people a far better sense of timelines than the official guidance.

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:54 am

Today, 8 months.

Sulla, I aggree. I think the realistic stat would be 8 % or maybe even 88 weeks of waiting. Lol

BecomingIrishCitizen
Newly Registered

Post by BecomingIrishCitizen » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:01 am

Did any of you send your FBR to Balbriggan, Dublin or London Embassy of Ireland(?).

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:52 pm

BecomingIrishCitizen wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:01 am
Did any of you send your FBR to Balbriggan, Dublin or London Embassy of Ireland(?).

I sent my application direct to Dublin from thr USA via Fedex next day international air service. Dublin confirmed reciept via email on Aug 21, 2018

BecomingIrishCitizen
Newly Registered

Post by BecomingIrishCitizen » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:23 pm

Michael123 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:52 pm

I sent my application direct to Dublin from thr USA via Fedex next day international air service. Dublin confirmed reciept via email on Aug 21, 2018
Thanks. That’s where I have also sent it to. I have got the receipt to track the parcel and signature.

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:20 pm

Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:23 pm
Michael123 wrote:

Thanks. That’s where I have also sent it to. I have got the receipt to track the parcel and signature.

Same here, Fedex showed delivery on 8/20/18 at 9am and Dublin showed delivery on 8/21/18.. I paid just under 100.00 for shipping when the waiting time was 4 months. I was most recently told 13 months after calling Dublin. I basically drove 100mph to slam on my brakes for the longest red light in history.

Where from? Boston, MA here

BecomingIrishCitizen
Newly Registered

Post by BecomingIrishCitizen » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:47 pm

Michael123 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:20 pm
Michael123 wrote:

Same here, Fedex showed delivery on 8/20/18 at 9am and Dublin showed delivery on 8/21/18.. I paid just under 100.00 for shipping when the waiting time was 4 months. I was most recently told 13 months after calling Dublin. I basically drove 100mph to slam on my brakes for the longest red light in history.

I am from UK.

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:50 pm

Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:47 pm
Michael123 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:20 pm
Michael123 wrote:

I am from UK.

Wouldn’t you have needed to send your application to the embassy?