ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how long will take to get a correction of British citizenship certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bluetears
Newly Registered
Malaysia

how long will take to get a correction of British citizenship certificate

Post by bluetears » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:09 am

Hi guys,

I had my citizenship certificate few years back. Just find the name I took my husband's after married didn't work on my new passport.

I have applied a correction of citizenship certificate on 1/03 and am crying for the new one. Does anybody know how long will take for the new one come through?

many thanks

Alien2017

Re: how long will take to get a correction of British citizenship certificate

Post by Alien2017 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:33 am

Hi, please update when you get yours back if you don't mind, I have sent my daughter's back they've just received it today and I wonder how long will take... I found some posts but they are few years back when time varied from few weeks to 4 months, nothing recent unfortunately.
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:41 am

bluetears wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:09 am
Hi guys,

I had my citizenship certificate few years back. Just find the name I took my husband's after married didn't work on my new passport.

I have applied a correction of citizenship certificate on 1/03 and am crying for the new one. Does anybody know how long will take for the new one come through?

many thanks
Why are you trying to correct a certificate from 'a few years back'?? Presumably your certificate was issued in the correct name at the time, which means you are likely not able to correct it as there is no error.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alien2017

Post by Alien2017 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:35 pm

Hi, did you get your certificate back by now? We haven't received ours yet, it's been 5 weeks now.
Thanks.