ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrashid10249
Mood:

Citizenship Application

Post by mrashid10249 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:07 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone

My Wife got ILR on 18th April and her BRP is still to arrive. She is having a travel plan and will be abroad for a period of about 2 and half months to visit her family. she will be away from first week of July till 2nd week of September.

we intend to apply for her citizenship application in first week of May 2019. Keeping the Citizenship Approval timeline in mind of these days, I can anticipate that it may take approximately 12 weeks to get her approval (in case everything goes right). But apparently she may not be available in UK to attend the BC ceremony until 2nd week of September. My question is can she request the council to delay her ceremony attendance for 2 months or more after she get approval?

warm regards
Rashid

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship Application

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:31 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.